♥ Into Your World

A Dose of Exo

 

★ Kris and Sehun || 1765 words || KISSES & HUGS SPECIAL

 


 

Kris sat on the swing in the park alone, and swayed slowly, as his heart beats. He sighed once, then once more, and looked up at the blazing sun.

“Orange, yellow, round. Bringing happiness and life; the sun perks me up.”

A random haiku he thought of on the spot. He then sighed again and kicked the sand hard. For the whole day, he had been thinking about what he might be good at. He tried drawing and he tried singing, sadly, both didn’t work out for him. Seems like poetry wasn’t his thing too.

 

His right foot not leaving the sand alone, Kris looked down at the ground and cursed himself. He disliked the fact that he couldn’t find anything he was good at, and hated the fact that the girl he loved disliked the former truth too.

Kris then lifted his feet off the ground and started swinging himself. He mustn’t be taken aback, he thought, there must be something he’s good at. He swung for a while more and started to pick up speed. He found himself enjoying the ride and smiling for the first time since that day started. He did felt slightly childish, for no man of his age would do that, but he carried on for he really needed a boost of “happy-ness”.

 

One thing Kris didn’t notice was the bunch of teenagers who judged him from one side. One of them, probably the leader, snickered and whispered to the strongest member. They smirked and the strongest one nodded to the leader’s instructions.

The strongest guy went beside Kris and waited for a while. Kris smelled something fishy, and knew that he was somewhat in trouble. He wanted to get off the swing quick, but because he was swinging so fast and so high, he was unable to get off.

When Kris was at the peak of swinging in front, the strong guy pulled the swing back and away from Kris, and the group of teenage boys cheered spontaneously. Kris then found himself, for the first time in his life, flying, like what he always wanted to do. He screamed and flapped around a bit in the air, before dropping down like Fat Man falling onto Nagasaki (that was, before that bomb blew up).

The fall didn’t hurt Kris as much as he thought it would; the poor man below him suffered more injuries. The man below him groaned and lifted his face off the sand. Seeing that scene, the gang laughed even harder, so hard that Kris swore one boy peed in his pants.

Kris was so mad that he got up as fast as he could, grabbed some sand in both hands and ran over to the boys and threw it at them.

“I’m giving you boys three seconds to SCRAM!”

And the cowards took less than half to disappear.

 

Kris turned back to the accidental victim of the teenage boys’ prank. He was sitting on the sand, crying (not literally crying, mind you) over the fact that sand was all over his face.

“Gosh, why are so many bad things happening to me today?”

“Hello? Are you alright?”

 “What do you think? I have sand on my face, scratches on my arm, I scraped my knee, and might have broken some bones if you weighed a few more pounds!” That person said while pointing to the respective parts of his body as he spoke, but didn’t turn to look at Kris.

Kris was slightly annoyed, he wasn’t having a good day too and this man… or boy wasn’t being understanding, Kris was a victim too. But because that “man-boy” was an accidental victim, he kept it in and spoke to him in a polite tone.

“Mister, did you really think falling from the sky was fun? It hurts for me too, alright?”

The accidental victim looked up at Kris and narrowed his eyes at him. Actually another reason why he narrowed his eyes was because the sun was glaring back at him from behind Kris.

“Who are you? Why did you fall from the sky? Are you an angel or something?”

Kris scratched his head, he didn’t know why he said that. Kris then nodded awkwardly.

 

Kris reached his hands out and offered to pull that person up. He grabbed Kris and Kris pulled him up. That person dusted himself and his face. While he was doing that, Kris wanted to explain himself, tell him that he’s not an angel, but just some grown man randomly playing on some swing.

Before Kris could even do so, the accidental victim excitedly asked him, “Where are your angel wings?”

“… I lost them?”

“Did God sent you here for me?”

Kris then realised that that person actually believed him when he said he was an angel. Since that person was having a bad day, Kris didn’t want to burst his bubble.

“Yes he did, and your name is?”

“Oh Sehun! I’m Oh Sehun, Mr Angel!”

Kris laughed, “My name is Kris, and you can call me that instead.”

 

Sehun then looked up at the sky despite the bright sunlight.

“What are you doing?!” Kris asked.

“Woah, the sky is so high up. I’m glad I cushioned the fall for you.”

Kris raised an eyebrow. How could anyone so silly exist? And even if they do exist, out of 7 billion people in the world, why did he have to meet one?

“… Thank you.” Kris said.

“You’re welcome!”

 

Sehun lost his smile shortly after and sat back on the sand.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked.

“I still feel lonely.”

Since he was already dirty (his poor white shirt which he picked to impress his dream girl), Kris sat down beside him, “Why?”

Sehun sighed, “My girlfriend left me, my parents doesn’t have time for me, I don’t have much friends…To be exact, I only have one, and he’s busy, I don’t even know with what.”

“Why do you only have one friend?”

“I don’t work, even though I’m supposed to, for man of my age.”

“You make yourself sound old, but you look young.”

“I’m an adult already.”

“Well, even if you don’t have new friends, what about your old friends? Those from school?”

Sehun pouted. “They don’t like me. At least, I don’t think they do.”

 

Kris thought hard of what to say to cheer Sehun up, even though he was having troubles on his own too. Kris wasn’t someone who would leave a person alone after knowing he or she wasn’t in a good mood.

“Do you like poetry?” Kris asked.

“Poetry? Yes, I do! In fact, I wanted to be a poet when I was younger. But it changed to be a president, and a bubble tea shop owner… Well, all those doesn’t matter. What matters is I still like poetry.”

“Do you know what a haiku is?”

“Yea. Are you going to tell me one?”

Kris nodded. “Orange, yellow, round. Bringing happiness and life; the sun perks me up.”

 

Sehun thought about the haiku for a while.

“Angel Kris, are you a poet?”

Kris laughed, “No, I’m an angel.”

Sehun sighed and rested his head on his knees as he hugged his legs to his chest. Then he kept absolutely silent. Kris thought that Sehun was still digesting the haiku, then he heard some sniffling.

Kris turned to Sehun, “Are you crying?”

“No…” Sehun said, but he was obviously crying.

“Why are you crying?! Don’t cry!”

“No one loves me and I’m not good at anything! I can’t even think of a poem, and you, who aren’t a poet, could think of a haiku on the spot! I hate myself so much.”

 

Kris allowed Sehun to sob for a while before telling him his story.

“Sehun, who says no one loves you? The sun shines on you, giving you a warm hug. The wind blows on you, kissing your cheeks gently. The sky shares with you your broad future. And God, He allowed the both of us to meet, so that I could love you, and become your friend.”

Sehun turned to look at Kris. His tear-filled eyes made Kris felt like patting his head.

“I too, aren’t good at anything. I can’t draw. I can’t sing, can’t dance, have yet to try acting. I’m not Shakespeare, I’m not romantic, and I can’t win the heart of the girl I like.”

Sehun was about to say something when Kris went on.

“I’ve entered your world. I have come to love you now, there’s no place for me to go back, and my wings had been taken away. I’ll be your new friend, and you’ll never have to feel alone again. Alright?”

 

Sehun smiled, then laughed.

“That was so gay! For a moment there I thought you were interested in me! Then I recalled you saying you couldn’t win the heart of the girl that you like.” Sehun said and went on laughing.

“Hey what! I was just trying to cheer you up! And tell you that there are people who loves you out there! What about you? Do you discriminate gays or something?!”

“No I don’t,” Sehun said, and he cried laughing.

Kris frowned and said, “Never am I talking to strangers again.” And his foot kicked the sand again.

 

Sehun then suddenly hugged Kris.

“Thank you so much. You made my day. Everything was going bad until you came. No, when you came it was still bad because you landed on me.”

“You can’t blame me from falling from the sky.”

Sehun then laughed once more. He released Kris and said, “Did you seriously think I would believe you? I already saw you playing on the swing earlier on!”

“What… You brat! You make me look silly now!”

“Sorry! I just wanted someone to talk to.”

Kris then frowned again. Trust himself to be the silly one.

 

“Anyway,” Sehun said, “You aren’t not good at anything. You’re good at cheering people up. And girls love that.”

“Really?” Kris asked.

“Yea, I got my girl from cheering her up. But she left me cause she found someone better.”

“Sheesh, then you’ll be better off without her.”

“True. Anyway I’m no longer in the mood to date girls now,” Sehun said and smirked, “maybe after meeting you and listening to your words, I might start to like guys.”

“Stop teasing me!”

 

Sehun then took off and Kris chased him behind. Like two kids that just made friends, they started playing around at the playground. Kris really entered Sehun’s world, just that he wasn’t really an angel.

 

End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg