Won't Let Her Go

Foolish

 

After Donghae drove the two girls home, he tried calling Siwon’s number on his phone. The line was busy indicating that the number hasn’t been active for quite some time.

“Damn it, he changed his number.” Donghae thought to himself. He was planning to go to Siwon’s office the next day but he scratched the idea knowing his best friend. That guy will not be in office for weeks or for God knows how long. Siwon might wait for the situation to cool down before he shows himself.

=====

Donghae was about to drive home when he had the urge to find Siwon’s old apartment. He had been there twice when Siwon and he were just new friends and Siwon moved to Korea alone. Donghae remembers the street but he’s not quite sure of how the place looks like now, but he eventually gave it a shot even though it’s almost midnight.

His car was slowly treading through an unknown street. Donghae tries to patch his memory of what the place looks like; he almost reached the end of the road when he saw a familiar building with a steel gate. His car stopped in front of it and he immediately went down examining the nearby houses. Well, this one looks more of an apartment than the other ones.

He climbed up the stairs to the second storey of the building and went to the third door from the stairs as he remembers it. He was in front of the door when he saw the lights were still on, Donghae was unsure if he’ll knock or what, but since he was already there and he wanted to do this for his cousin, might as well have the courage to try.

*knock knock*

He managed to give a signal to the ones inside that he was waiting out. After a few seconds, he heard footsteps nearing and the door knob was turning slowly. When it opened, Donghae saw Victoria and they both had the shocked expression from seeing each other unexpectedly.

“Vic, who’s on the door?” A familiar voice which got Donghae’s attention, soon enough a man in his white shirt and training pants went near the door to check on who it was.

“Vic, who’s there in this time of the night?” Siwon said, repeating his question while nearing her. When Siwon got hold of the knob set his eyes outside, he head the same freezed expression the two people had.

“D-Dong-Donghae? Wh-what are you doing here??” Siwon was trembling upon seeing his best friend. One thing’s for sure, he has a clue on what’s going on and he’s here to get remorse for abandoning his cousin.

“Shouldn’t I ask you that Siwon??” Donghae asked in an intimidating tone.

“Vic, go inside, I just need to talk to Donghae.” Siwon ordered her.

“But—“

“Don’t fiddle with this woman! I’m not letting you mess up everything again!” Donghae shouted at her when she tried to stop Siwon.

“Vic, just go inside. I’m going to fix this.” After that, Victoria didn’t meddle anymore and she closed the door, leaving Siwon and Donghae outside.

When the door was closed, Donghae punched Siwon in his left cheek. Siwon did not expect it and touched his face after the blow. He tried to get up but Donghae beat him again stronger than the first. Siwon was on his knees while Donghae was catching his breath from what he did.

“Damn it Siwon! Damn it! Why did you do this to Tiffany? Huh? Why did you lie to us?!”

Siwon did not spoke until he fully got up. He was just looking at Donghae, whose face was filled with both anger and sadness.

“Siwon why are you with Victoria again?! Haven’t you learned from the past that she’s just using you?!” Donghae almost begged for answers, waiting for his best friend to speak up.

“You don’t know, she was there when I was completely helpless! She was there when I had no one to turn into. You don’t know how it feels Donghae! To be left alone and just sit there every day thinking what the hell will happen and you can’t do much about anything. You don’t know!” Siwon was shouting at him hopefully he’ll be contented.

“You don’t know?! Well guess what you don’t know. Tiffany is carrying your child.” Donghae casually said.

Siwon could only stand there after hearing what Donghae said. His wife is pregnant; it was so stupid of him to leave her alone like that. Right at that moment, everything starts flashing back. Why did he do this? It was his impulsive behavior of leaving Tiffany alone for some girl who just got out from nowhere and started seducing him. Slowly, tears were starting to form in his eyes.

“S-since w-when??” He asked in worry.

“I don’t know. She just said it earlier. He wants you back Siwon. But she told me, if you won’t come home, she’ll go back to the States. And you’ll never see her again, or your child. You have to go home Siwon. You have to go home.”

Siwon froze on the news. He was crying to himself realizing how he was so heartless of thinking only about himself and not the woman he promised to be with forever.

======

Tiffany was sitting on their bed. The one that she and Siwon used to share when he was still living with her. Things went by so fast; she didn’t even had the chance to doubt about Siwon’s affair. She was mad but there were more feelings of sadness. She was thinking all to herself, the words Siwon said before leaving and the anger he had. If she truly loves her, then Siwon could have said sorry, but no. Without second thought he packed his bags and left her.

Tiffany was crying to have such fate, she never thought that coming home was a bad idea, she chose Siwon, and Siwon was her happiness. Was. She could not take it anymore, she stood up and packed her bags, hoping to get back to the US to forget everything, move on and maybe agree to his father’s decision.

=====

Siwon turned into the house and got a few of his stuff with the car keys. Victoria saw what Siwon was doing; she was worried how Siwon acted in a fast pace getting his things up without a wink.

“Wait, where are you going?!? I thought you left here for good?!?!” Victoria asked in a high tone.

“This is not going to work out. I’m sorry. I just got confused with the things between us.”

“So that’s how you end it?! After toying with me and all?! You just used me!”

“Then call it quits. Isn’t that what you did to me before??” Siwon angrily said with a sharp look that could pierce Victoria inside.

Siwon was walking his way through to exit the apartment; Victoria ran after him and hugged him.

“Please, please Siwon, don’t leave me!” She was already pleading and crying in front of him. Siwon could feel her emotions but it was not right, he has a family to make up to, a promise to live up to.

“I can’t go like this forever. I have to stand up for someone. And that’s Tiffany.” He said while getting out of her grasp and storming out of the house. The door slammed and echoed throughout the apartment, he left Victoria crying to herself alone.

=====

Siwon was driving fast home, hopefully to get a catch of his wife before she does anything that could separate them apart from each other. He was about to turn in to their driveway when he saw a lady about to ride a cab with bags packed. It was Tiffany.

He immediately got down the car and ran to the lady. Siwon got a hold of her arms before she could ride the cab.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry. I ‘m sorry! I made a mistake, please stay. Please. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry…” Siwon was pleading to his wife with tears running down his face.

Tiffany could only hold on, his words struck her heart but she already made a decision. Siwon hugged her tight, she would love to hug him back but she was afraid that she might get hurt again.

“I made up my mind, Siwon. I’m sorry. We can’t go on like this.” Tiffany said while letting go of his tight grip on her body.

“Tiffany, no! I love you, don’t you love me anymore??”

Those words, that always made her fluster but she was unsure if he’s telling the truth and she might regret it again later.

“This is for the both of us. Let’s not meet again.” Tiffany insisted, she let go a rode the cab immediately telling the driver to move the car.

Siwon was frustrated at the sight of Tiffany getting away with the car. He jolted to his car and drove as fast as he can to chase after his leaving wife. The cab was driving off the speedway; Siwon was just behind trying not to lose the cab in his sight when they came into a stoplight. The cab went straight but Siwon was halted by a red light.

‘No, it can’t be. I can’t waste time like this.’ Siwon thought to himself, he did not want to lose his wife by just a moment. Without thinking, he rammed the gas and drove past the red light, eyes focused on the car that Tiffany was riding. He did not notice the approaching vehicle from his right not until he heard a long horn to warn him. He thought he could make it, but after that moment, a disturbing crash noise was heard. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A long chapter to make up for the two days I was not around. I'm really sorry for not giving updates to my readers. And sorry again for the cliffhanger! Hehe. But this is quite a sad chap :( Tell me what you think. Hm. I can't say anything anymore, I got sad too while typing this. Kekeke~ See you soon when my exams are over! Annyeong!