E-Mail

Foolish

 

A day passed, two days, soon it became a week then two weeks. It was driving Siwon crazy as hell. He was coming home without anyone welcoming him. Spending the weekend alone and in bed all day. Skipping lunch and basically thinking about his wife every minute who was ten thousand miles away.

Siwon was trying to adjust with Tiffany’s schedule in the States, he wanted to talk to her badly. When he calls, all he gets it’s a crappy receiver telling him to leave a message in the voicemail. That was not enough. He felt lucky when Tiffany calls him for a minute or two, she can’t stay long on line. It’s either she’s tired or she’s busy. It disappointed Siwon more, he wanted to blame his father-in-law but he can’t see an ounce of regret on Tiffany’s side.

On a Monday, he was just at a normal day at work, just scanning all the piled paperwork over the weekend when his phone rang, he had high hopes it was Tiffany but when he checked the ID, it was Ryeowook.

“Yoboseo?”

“Siwon hyung! Have you read my e-mail last Saturday??”

Ryeowook was asking in an alarming rather than excited tone.

“Um, sorry Wookie, I didn’t go online last weekend, is this.. urgent?”

“Please check it at once.”

“Okay, just hold on for a second.”

He opened his e-mail and back read all the new messages, he found Ryeowook’s after a few scrolls. He clicked it immediately with the fear of this might be something serious. It read:

Siwon Hyung,

Hyung, I know this is not the right time to tell you this, I know you have a lot of work piled on your desk but I feel you have the right to know. Last Friday, Tiffany and Dad had dinner outside with their so-called client, I was doubtful of what it might be because there’s this guy who has been fetching Tiffany here when she goes to work. I know my dongsaeng won’t cheat on you, she declines with every way that she can and says she’s married, but the guy seemed to be persistent, in the end, Tiffany wanted things straight and set out that they should only be friends. I asked her about the guy and found out it was the son of one of the company’s investors, he was Nichkhun Horvejkul.

With the dinner planned, I followed them secretly. I was waiting for the Nichkhun guy to show up at the restaurant looking from afar, and I was not wrong, few minutes after Dad and Tiffany arrived, Nickhun was there. There was one point in their conversation that Tiffany looked a worried and shocked face at my Dad, I wonder what it was so I texted Tiffany about meeting me secretly after their dinner. Thank God she got my message, after they got out we met where we have agreed on and I was correct about being anxious, Siwon hyung, Dad arranged another marriage for Tiffany. She is to be married with Nichkhun.

I know, I know. I’m sorry hyung. I should have told you earlier about that Nichkhun guy but Tiffany persisted that I should not. She does not want you to be jealous, moreover, she does not want you to be angry at our father. Well now, I think you have the right to be. Tiffany was crying the whole time I talked to her. She didn’t want to marry Nichkhun, but Dad said that your marriage was to be nulled and he wanted it ASAP. Hyung, Tiffany does not know what to do right now, her thoughts are fleeing. She’s been locked up in her room ever since and crying her heart out. I have a feeling that one of these days, Dad will force her to break up with you. I know my father well hyung, he will do everything just to get his things done. One way or another, he’ll give Tiffany a hard time choosing between you and Nichkhun.

Hyung, you know I would do anything for you guys, but right now, I want the two of you to talk, sort things out and at least convince Dad to stop the wedding. I’m so sorry hyung for this. I should have known better.

Ryewook Hwang

Siwon cannot believe what he had read. A WEDDING. Tiffany was the bride and the groom was not him. It slowly broke his heart, he had many thoughts in mind. Why didn’t Tiffany told him about Nichkhun? Why didn’t she told him right away? Why is this happening? To him, to them. He was cut off when Ryeowook spoke on the other line.

“Hyung! Hyung!”

“Uhh, neh. Um, Ryeowook, I’ll call you later.”

“Hyung, please come here right away. I don’t want my dongsaeng to be like this.”

Siwon left Ryeowook ajar and hung up without saying anything. He was way too occupied on what’s happening, to the point of breaking down. He cried to himself while thinking of what to do next, or is there even a next time?

He calmed himself down and picked up his phone, he dialed a number and waited for the other line to pick-up.

“Y-Yoboseo?”

“Hi, Tiffbaby. How are you doing?”

He tried to remain calm and sounded like nothing’s wrong, but he could feel that something’s wrong with Tiffany.

“I-I’m fine oppa. You? How-how you’ve been doing? How’s work?” Tiffany tried real hard not to sob or let Siwon hear that she was crying herself out.

“Oppa’s fine. Work’s is tiring as always. I wish you were here.”

“Yeah.”

For a few seconds, there was a quiet noise between them. No one dared to talk.

“Tell oppa how your weekend went, it’s been a long time since you did that.”

She sighed on the other hand, meanwhile Siwon was getting ready for her confession, when suddenly she couldn’t control her tears and cried on the phone.

“Tiff, tiff, it’s alright.” Siwon consoled her as he was also close to tears. He was shaking because he didn’t want to cry, but the mere pain that they were experiencing for longing for each other, her father’s rejection and this arranged marriage, he couldn’r do anything but break down.

Tiffany continued to cry on the phone, Siwon persisted a normal conversation even rhoigh they were both pouring their emotions out.

“Tiffbaby, t-tell oppa how y-your weekend went..”

“*Sniff sniff* Work was hard oppa! I-I-I had to do something f-f-f-or Dad, and i-i-it gave me a h-hard time*sniff*”

Siwon knew what that work was. It was arranging another marriage to another man. Just that moment,

“Tiff, listen to oppa, alright? I love you. I love you so much, I’m not willing to let you go. You’ll come home in two weeks right? Don’t miss oppa so much! Don’t replace me okay? Right when you come home, oppa will do everything you want. We could watch movices all day or just stay in bed. Just, hang on. Okay? I love you.”

Tiffany cried more when he heard what Siwon said from the other line. By the time, she knew that Siwon had an idea of the arrange marriage with Nichkhun. Their conversation laster longer than usual, they didn’t talk much because they just poured their hearts out, just the mere presence of them talking to each other was enough.

---------------------

A/N: This update breaks my heart! 3 Well, I don't know if it's well written for you to cry yourselves out. Hehehe, it just breaks my heart. Lol. Btw, I just watched the DVD release of SNSD's Japan Tour. SO FRIGGING AWESOME! I want to thank my friend for letting me have a copy of it. Hehehe. Still a long way for these two, and sorry for not updating yesterday. I was really sick :( HERE IT IS!