Innocence

Foolish

 

 

“Clear!” people inside were reviving an almost lifeless body in a stretcher. It was followed by a beeping sound from a machine, indicating the faint heartbeat of the patient. Tiffany could only stare at her bloody shirt outside the emergency room, waiting for some miracle to happen that Siwon would make it. She was sitting along the hallway of the hospital when Jessica and Donghae came running to her.

“What happened?! Huh, Tiffany? Where is he?” Donghae frantically asked his cousin.

[FLASHBACK]

Siwon stepped into the gas pedal to beat the red light, scared to let the car Tiffany was riding to disappear in his sight.A few moments more a screeching sound was heard followed by a crash. The girl in the cab came to look back from the car window. She saw Siwon’s car, displaced wand wrecked. At the sight of this, she rushed down and checked the car. Tiffany saw Siwon’s bloody, unconscious body leaning on the steering wheel. She asked for help to bring him out and asked the cab to rush to the nearest hospital. Tiffany was crying the whole time, she didn’t want things to come to this point. That a life must be taken away.

[PRESENT]

The three of them waited for hours, they all grew tired but the anxiousness inside of them kept them awake. Donghae was walking back and forth, checking on the opaque double doors hoping from some news to come up. After the long agonizing wait, a surgeon busted out from the room and talked to him.

“Are you a relative?” the doctor asked Donghae.

“Um, no, I’m a friend, but his wife is here.” He looked to Tiffany’s direction that was standing a few meters from him. The surgeon walked up to where she was standing and started flipping the paper in his clipboard.

“Mr. Choi is going to be transferred in a room any minute now. We have performed a successful operation on him. It was a good thing you we’re able to bring him here as early as you could. Remind you that the first 48 hours will be critical, if he makes it after that, then we will consider him as stable. We have to look on some more details when he gains consciousness, that’s it for now.” then the doctor walked back into the room causing Jessica and Donghae to ask Tiffany what was Siwon’s condition.

=======

A day after, Tiffany sat beside the insentient Siwon, she was looking at the bruises he had and imagining how hurt he must’ve been, emotionally and physically. The lonely sound of the beeping respirator machine surrounded the room. Tiffany was zoning out when Donghae came in.

“The doctors said we have to look out for the next few hours. His 48 hour condition is about to end soon but he hasn’t showed any signs of response yet.” He regretfully said while Tiffany turned his face back to Siwon.

“I have to go Tiffany; still have to fix things in Siwon’s office and in mine’s. I’ll come back with Jessi later this evening.” Tiffany only nodded while Donghae felt sadness seeing his cousin who could only do so much for her husband.

Right when Donghae left the room, she laid her head on Siwon’s bed, caressing his hair. How she wished he would wake up so they can start all over again. She didn’t want to let go anymore, seeing him in the matter of life and death was enough. Tiffany was too occupied with her thoughts when Siwon’s fingers and eyes started to move. She felt this and jolted up to ask assistance from the nurses’ station.

Siwon’s eyes opened and he squinted because of the bright light and the blurry sight he got. When his eyes slowly focused, he saw two people standing in front of him. A girl in her casual clothes and a man in a white overcoat.

“Siwon?” Tiffany’s face brightened on the sight of his husband gaining consciousness but Siwon turned his head around as if she didn’t knew the girl who was his wife.

“I’m sorry but, who are you?” Siwon said in a husky voice. Tiffany was puzzled and looked to Siwon’s doctor for some explanation.

“Mr. Choi seems to be experiencing a traumatic amnesia. It’s the sudden loss of past memories due to a hard blow in the head. Things might be hard for him now, because the patient does not remember anything from the past, his identity, the people he knew, birthday or even where he lives.”­ The doctor explained to Tiffany.

“H-How long will that take? It-it’s not going to be forever right?” She asked worriedly.

“No, it’s not, but it may run for a long time. A week, a month, two months, or half a year but definitely not forever. It’s just temporary memory loss, after that the patient would be normal like before he got the accident. You just have to remember that during this condition, you must not stress the patient out, don’t force him to remember things or recall to him bad memories as this may cause him psychological stress.”

“Um, how long before we can bring him home?”

“Maybe in a week, or when his recovery from the injuries are reasonable to get him home. Other than that, you should not worry about nothing.”

The doctor left after giving Siwon’s medical report, it was just him and Tiffany inside the room and Siwon felt uncanny with an unknown girl.

“I’m so sorry, but who are you again?” he shyly asked. Tiffany smiled at him and cupped his face.

“I’m Tiffany. I’m your wife remember?” she sweetly answered back.

“Oh, I see. I’m really sorry I can’t remember a thing. Why am I here?” Tiffany grew cold from the question; it was a long, painful story. It was not long when the doctor reminded him not to stress out Siwon.

“Um, it’s a long story. Hey, don’t stress yourself out. You should be resting so we could go home.” She said to the innocent Siwon. Suddenly, Siwon held her hand and brought it near his face. Tiffany was surprised but she missed that feeling her husband could only give. The warmth of his love for her.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked because his actions were peculiar.

“Um, nothing. I’m just checking if you’re real. You’re way too pretty to deserve a forgetful husband like me.” Siwon said while smiling. It was the first time Tiffany saw him smile again and the way he talked, it was really Siwon.

“Haha, you still haven’t changed huh? You’re still the smooth talker one. Don’t worry. I’m real.” Tiffany replied with a kiss on his forehead.

“Don’t leave me okay? I don’t know what I was to you to deserve this but I don’t want you to leave me.” Siwon pleaded while still holding her hands.

“I won’t. Never.” She said while he drifted again to sleep. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know, I know. A lot have been disappointed U_U but I can't stand to be mean to my boy bias T^T forgive me for that. Woooooot. I'll update again sometime tonight if I don't get too wasted on the party I have to go to. Hope you enjoyed this update. I think there are few more chapters left for this fic. D'awwwwwwww. But let's not think about that! Let's just ship these two. Kekeke~ Thank you and Annyeong !