Solo Flight and Seoul Bound

Foolish

 

It was the last day of their vacation and they had to leave tomorrow for Seoul. During the three days Siwon was with his father –in-law under the same roof, it couldn’t get more awkward. Although Mr. Hwang was not toward cold against him, he could feel that he’s not the easy type he could get along with in such a short time. Thanks to his brother-in-laws, it was not really that obvious to Mrs. Hwang. He had spent time with them to have some of those “boys talk” during those days. Tiffany for the moment was spending time with her parents. It was something mutual for them and they seem not to mind not spending time for each other for quite a while. After all, they’ll have all the time when they get back home.

Siwon was busy packing things up when he forgot his phone at the dining hall after having dinner. He was on his way to get it when he heard Tiffany and his dad conversing in the living room.

“Dad, we’re leaving tomorrow. You and Siwon haven’t spoken much yet. Can you, at least talk to him before we leave?”

The younger man who didn’t plan to eavesdrop heard his wife plead before his dad.

“I’m still not over it Miyoung-ah.”

“But Dad, please? Just this once?”

“Alright. I will.”

Siwon’s eye widened when he heard Mr. Hwang agree upon Tiffany’s request, he immediately walked to his room scared enough to get caught and might mess things up when he heard,

‘By the way, can’t you stay for a few more days? I need some help regarding business. Something needs to be sorted out before you get back to Seoul.”

He clearly heard it in the middle of his way back to the room. Suddenly he heard footsteps along the hall, so he scurried to his room and did not wait anymore for Tiffany’s reply.

====================

After he finished packing all his stuff, he went to Tiffany’s room to check up on her. The door was half opened; he saw her busily packing up her things too. He knocked to get her attention and stood in the doorway.

“Oh. How long have you been there?”

She sweetly asked, went towards him and pulled him to sit on the bed. Siwon sat himself up, leaning his back on the bed’s headboard and looked at her briskly stuffing up her luggage.

“Um, Tiff, I think you need to stay.”

She was surprised of what she heard, then she remembered about his dad asking her to stay a few more days. Tiffany answered his dad that she can’t, and she can’t leave Siwon go back alone.

“I don’t think so. I miss Seoul already.”

“No Tiff, you don’t. I know, you feel uncomfortable seeing your dad and me, not talking to each other and being on the same space. That’s why you said no.”

She stopped packing and looked at him, frankly Tiffany was a bit pissed with the tone of voice Siwon used at her.

“You don’t know anything. Okay. Let’s just get this over with.”

“Tiff, look at me. You need to, he’s your father. I want you to stay with him for a while. You two have been awkward with each other since he knew me. I don’t want that. I don’t want him to get the wrong idea that I’m stealing you from him.”

Tiffany was left speechless by Siwon’s words. He has a point; maybe this will make things better for the three of them. Siwon stood up and hugged her from the back, whispering something to his ear.

“I love you Tiff. But before you get to be a good wife, you have to be a good daughter to your dad first.”

That’s it. She finally nodded to his wish, before Siwon parted from the hug, she pulled him close and their lips met again after a long time.

Siwon was about to get back from his room when a household help told him that Mr. Hwang was waiting for him in the patio. He then remembered about Tiffany who pleaded to his dad for this to happen. He nodded and headed straight to where his dad-in-law was.

There he was, Mr. Hwang, hands on his pocket and the other one was holding a can of beer. He was looking at the sky when Siwon spoke,

“Um, Sir, I heard you were looking for me?”

Mr. Hwang turned his head, and saw Siwon stiffly standing there.

“Here.” He threw a can of beer at him, and somewhat a signal to join him. Siwon stood close to him and looked to where he was looking.

“I never thought my daughter would be married at this early age. Well, to simply put it, she’s the youngest in the family, and Ryeowook, Jinki, I expect them to be the first ones to settle down. But definitely not my Miyoung-ah.”

Siwon opened the can and started to drink from it. He was contemplating on what to say when Mr. Hwang spoke again.

“You’ve gone too fast, Mr. Choi. By far, I think you are no different from those guys who hurt Miyoung-ah in the past. I can’t just simply reject my daughter from making this sudden move. I’m telling you, it’s not that I approve of it.”

Finally, with the help of some alcohol, he bravely replied,

“Sir, with all due respect, I loved you daughter from the first day we have been together. I have no regrets on marrying her. And I think she does too.”

Mr. Hwang smirked at the young boy’s words.

“You don’t know what you are saying, for now. Be careful of your words Mr. Choi.”

Siwon was somehow affronted by the way his father-in-law talked. It seems that he didn’t call him to patch things over, but he kept his ire to himself.

“I-I don’t mean to be overboard sir, but, I will do anything for Tiffany. Nothing can make us apart. Even the world to set it against us. I can’t. I won’t give her up. If you excuse me sir, I have a flight tomorrow, I shall be turning in by now. Good night.”

Mr. Hwang looked at him with a blank face when he retorted back,

“Hm. I think that should be you and your wife. Now, now, didn’t you say you were not going to leave her?”

Siwon almost had his fist up, but luckily he was able to control his burning temper. He faced his father-in-law again and said,

“I told her to stay for a while. For you. I want her to be a good daughter first.”

“Well, you should have thought of being a good son too and not marrying her right away.”

Siwon could not take it anymore, so he just walked to his room like he heard nothing.

Before the two men had a cold argument, Tiffany saw them in the patio talking to each other. She was happy at the sight then she turned into bed, without a single clue on what happened after.

===================

After lunch, Siwon was stowing his things into Ryeowook’s car trunk, he was preparing to leave for Seoul just as planned, but with himself. He said his goodbyes to Jinki then to Mr. and Mrs. Hwang ,

“Um, Mr. and Mrs. Hwang, I couldn’t thank you enough for the welcome here in your household. It was nice spending time with you all. How I wish I could stay with Tiffany but I should get back to Seoul now. I think my colleague’s are getting headaches from the company. Sorry again if I can’t stay. Thank you very much.”

Then he bowed infront of them. He half-heartedly said those words to Mr. Hwang, who still couldn’t accept him as a son, but he was indeed grateful to Tiffany’s mom, who treated him like his own.

“Ah, this kid. What did I tell you? Call us appa and umma right? Have a safe flight Siwon, I hope you can go back here for the holidays. You’re a family now. Take care okay?”

Mrs. Hwang then hugged Siwon and sweetly smiled at him.

“Um, neh, we will try to go back here for Christmas. Thank you again.” Siwon politely said. Meanwhile, Ryeowook honked the car to say the Siwon might miss his flight.

Siwon then had a heavy heart when he faced Tiffany. She doesn’t know anything that had happened last night between her dad and him. Nevertheless, he had to say goodbye.

“You take care here, neh? I gotta get going. I will see you in a few days arasso? Take care of your mom and dad.”

“Oppa! Why won’t you let me come with you to the airport?” she asked while doing her pouty aegyo.

“Aniyo! You will just cry like a kid, it will be hard for me to leave. Just stay here okay? A few days won’t hurt Miyoung-ah. We’ll see each other in Seoul.”

“Why can’t you just stay with me?”

“I can’t. You know a lot of work has been piled since the day we left. I need to attend to that. Don’t worry, I’ll call you when I get home. Don’t think too much, I just told you, few days will be kinder. Okay? I really have to go. Bye Tiffbaby, I love you.”

He kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly. Siwon took a last look at everyone before he walked towards the car and waved his hand. He was about to open the car door when Tiffany came running and hugged his back while crying herself out.

“Oppa!! I’ll go with you!”

Siwon smiled at her wife and broke from her back hug. He faced her and cupped her face,

“Listen, Tiffbaby, when you go back to Seoul, we’ll have all the time we want. For now, just stay here and help your dad okay? What did I told you last night?”

“I-I-I should be a-a-a good daughter first, be-be-before being a good wife.”

He smiled while the girl infront of her spoke in between her sobs.

“Good. Take care okay? I love you. Oppa loves you so much. I have to go.”

Siwon rode the car and told Ryeowook to drive before Tiffany comes running to him again. They were out on the driveway when he glanced at the rear view mirror and saw Tiffany still crying at the sight of him fading away. He just shifted his eyes away not to think about their parting.

=======================

They arrived at the airport and Siwon with Ryeowook’s help started to unload his baggage from the trunk. He was about to go in, but he decided to say goodbye to his brother-in-law first.

“Wookie, thank you so much for driving me here. Watch Tiffany over for me. Thank you again, say my thanks to Jinki too. It was such a nice time being with you guys. I hope you can come over to Seoul for me to return the favor.”

Ryeowook smiled at him and gave him a pat at the back.

“That’s nothing. You’re a family now. Tiffany seems to be very happy with you. Never seen her like that before. I trust you hyung. I will take care of her for now, but he’s in your hands when she goes home to Seoul right?”

“Yes. Yes. Thanks again Wookie. Take care on the way home. Keep in touch brother.”

“I will, I will. You too, take care. Call us when you get back to Korea.”

“Oh and Wookie?”

“Yah hyung?”

“Better get that girl before the year ends alright? What’s the name again? Soo-yeon? Ah, Sooyoung! Yeah, you guys have the honeymoon in Seoul, I’ll be paying for it. Haha!” he teased the younger.

“Aish hyung. Haha, I’ll tell you if she says yes. Just get in before you tell everyone here my lovestory.”

“Make her say yes. Haha, bye Wookie. See you soon.”

Ryeowook just waved a hand at Siwon. On the way to his car, he was chuckling at the thought of him proposing to Sooyoung. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Kinda long update! Siwon oppa going home to Seoul alone T^T WHYYYYYYYYYY~ BTW, got a new idea for a fanfic. Haha, I just think I can't write it in the same time with this. Need to finish this first. Hehe, KAMSAHAMNIDA READERS! UPDATE FROM GOGUMA KID~ ^^