Confiding To A Friend

Foolish

 

The greeting surprised Siwon, it seems that Victoria didn’t know what happened yesterday or she chose to ignore it. Without any hesitation, Siwon replied with a shy smile and went to get his coffee.

He was surprised when after getting his coffee he found his newspaper and plate set on the table. Just like how Tiffany would do it. He missed this for God knows how long. To be treated like this, but in the back of his mind, he knew that it will never be Tiffany.

The morning went quickly, Victoria joined him for breakfast, and they had small talk enough to keep the awkward atmosphere out. Siwon got ready for work and before he was to head out, Victoria stopped him for a while.

“Are you going home early tonight?” she eagerly asked.

Siwon paused for a minute, as if questioning her intentions. He wanted a safe reply but he remembered the doctor’s advice of not stressing her out.

“Um, yeah. I just hope nothing urgent comes up at work today.”

“What would you like for dinner?”

He was taken aback by the question. Usually Tiffany asks that to him, the only difference is that Tiffany would call him at work since she has something to manage too. Nevertheless, he always came home with a warm feeling of someone waiting for him.

“Um, anything’s fine.” He answered with half a smile.

“Come on, you might have something you want.” Victoria gives the impression to insist.

“Hm, haven’t had spicy rice cakes for so long. I think that would be it.”

“Okay! Be home for dinner, arasso?”

“Neh.” Then he immediately left, somehow feeling less guilty of not being too harsh to Victoria.

================

It was half an hour after lunch break, Siwon didn’t notice the time because of his never-ending paperwork. He stopped from reading the pile of papers and sat back. Tiffany used to remind him not to skip lunch and call him personally. He checked his mail and he hasn’t received any news from Ryeowook about her yet. Without further ado, he sent Ryeowook an e-mail asking how Tiffany was doing.

Right in the middle of his wandering, his phone rang. The caller ID said it was Donghae. His felt cold upon seeing the name, his best friend doesn’t know yet about Victoria. If he knows, Siwon will definitely be in jeopardy but somehow he felt that he could trust his best friend about this secret.

“Yah! Lee Donghae, whassup?” he excitedly said hiding the shade of anxiousness in his voice.

“Ah hyung! How are you?! It’s been forever since we last went out! Let’s go on a bar tonight!”

“Donghae… I can’t.”

“Waeyo? Is Tiffany home already? Come on hyung!”

“No, she’s not home yet. I don’t know when she’ll come back. But I really need to tell you something. Can I come over?”

“Oh.. Seems that I can’t wait huh? Okay. Let’s have coffee here in my office.”

“Okay. Be there in half an hour. Bye.”

After dropping the call, Siwon instantly went to his car to drive to Donghae’s company. Along the way, he was contemplating to himself on how he would tell his best friend about Victoria. He was praying that Donghae would understand. Somehow the burden will be easier for him to carry.

==========

Upon arriving, Siwon was directed by Donghae’s secretary to his office. The younger jumped on his seat when he saw Siwon, but he knew there was something bothering his friend. The next thing was the were opposite on the table and Siwon was fidgeting on his coffee cup.

“Donghae I need to tell you something. But I want you to understand. Please. I’m begging you. It had been on me for so long, I’m feeling so helpless.” Siwon said with tears forming in his eyes.

Donghae nodded in approval and listened to his hyung.

“Tiffany.. Her dad, made her choose between him and me..”

His best friend could not believe what he just heard from Siwon.

“WAEYO!?! What did Tiffany do?!”

“Right now, she’s very depressed but she told me she could handle things. She was to be married with some guy named Nichkhun.”

“Siwon hyung, don’t try to interfere with Fany-ah’s daddy. You don’t know what he can do.”

“I know. I know. But it really hits me when I know I can’t do anything. I’m the guy here. I was supposed to protect her!” Siwon said in frustration.

“Hyung, right now, Tiffany is right. Let her handle things first.”

“Donghae, I have another thing to confess..”

His best friend grew his eyes upon surprise. Truth be told, he had high hopes that this was not something serious.

“Hae, Victoria’s back. Something happened between her and me.”

Donghae stood upon his seat and vented anger upon Siwon’s confession grabbing him by the collar.

“WHAT!?!? What are you trying to do huh?!? Is this what you think can end up all this mess?!?!”

“DONGHAE LISTEN!”

Siwon’s voice grew enough to crinkle his best friend. He let go of Siwon and made him talk, hoping that there’s a good explanation for what happened.

“She seduced me, I got drunk. She brought me home. Obviously, it was her plan to blackmail me. She told me that if I don’t live with her while Tiff’s gone, she will tell Tiff.”

Donghae stood silent, waiting for him to spill it all out.

“I don’t know who told her to do this. I’m trying to find out. That’s why I agreed on what she said.”

“You did?! Aish, why is this happening?! Who the hell could have told her?!”

“I have a feeling. She has been calling someone in the middle of the night. In fact, she’s giving the mastermind updates about what’s happening here in Korea. I think that’s Tiffany’s dad.”

Upon hearing those words, Donghae gathered his shock. There was a real deal between Tiffany’s dad and Siwon. He just wondered why Tiffany’s dad was acting that way. He felt sorry for his hyung, being in all this chaos while in fact he only loved a girl so much.

“Donghae, please keep this a secret. I don’t want to hurt Tiffany, and it’s for the both of us. Please, Donghae. Please.”

He only nodded in agreement upon seeing the older’s resentment and sorrow. Donghae could only do so much for his best friend right now.

==========

Siwon felt lighter while driving home. At least now, he has Donghae to confide in his state of mind.        He was almost home when he remembered Victoria who asked him what he would have for dinner. Luckily, it was not too late for it, he opened the door and saw Victoria sitting on the living room couch watching TV.

“Oh, you’re home.” A smile was plastered on Victoria’s face seeing Siwon.

“Um, yeah. Did you have dinner already?”

“Not yet. I was waiting for you. Let’s go, I cooked what you asked for.” She proudly said and pulled Siwon to the dining room.

Victoria treated Siwon like a real husband catering to his every need; on the other hand, Siwon was just having his meal ignoring what the lady had laid for him.

It’s was bedtime and Siwon was preparing himself to bed while Victoria was having her shower. When she got out, she found Siwon already sleeping soundly. Victoria positioned herself beside Siwon, caressing his face. Before she dozed off, she pulled Siwon into a hug. What surprised her, is that Siwon hugged her back as if they were together again. All the while, she thought, is he thinking of me? Or he’s drunk again, thinking that I’m Tiffany?

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Guess who's back. Back again. Author's back. Tell a friend. AHAHAHA! Fail. Here goes an update after a long long long long time. Sorry for the mini-hiatus! I had to fix my school/org work first. Luckily I'm getting along. Hooray! Hehe kamsahamnida for waiting/reading! :D