Drunk and Broken

Foolish

 

It was a long and tiring flight to Seoul, it was six in the morning when Siwon arrived at the airport. His personal chauffeur, Mr. Park escorted him to the car along with his luggage. While taking the trip home, he dialed a number on his phone.

“Yoboseo oppa!”

“Hey, Tiffbaby, I’m home. I mean, I’m on the way home.”

“How was your flight oppa?”

“Um, tiring. I missed you. Had no one beside me the whole flight.”

“Yah, I miss you too oppa. I want to go home now.”

“Don’t worry baby, you’ll be home soon. What are you doing?”

“Just finished lunch oppa! I was in Dad’s company earlier by the way…”

“Ah, jinjja? How did it go?”

“Neh, it was good. But, um, oppa..”

“Waeyo?”

“Ah, aniyo. What are you doing today?”

“I’m just going to catch some sleep then I’ll be off to work later this afternoon.”

“Shouldn’t you just stay home today? You’re tired. Leave work to worry itself.”

“Haha, work can’t do that Tiffany. I need to.”

“Aish, if I was there I wouldn’t let you!”

“Ah really? Ottoke? Haha.”

“I’ll tie you to bed so you can’t go to work!”

“Hahaha, isn’t that, a bit too wild? Hahahaha!”

“Yah! Oppa! Stop being a byuntae! I just won’t let you work, that’s all! I hate you.”

“Okay, mianhe mianhe, don’t be mad at oppa now. You’re lucky were miles apart, I can’t kiss you for us to make up. Hahaha”

“I hate you oppa!”

“I love you. Haha, I miss you. I love you.”

“Oppa…”

“Hm?”

“I think it will take while for me to stay here.”

“Oh, waeyo?”

“You see, dad needs to meet this very important person. He wants me to talk to that person. I think it’s going to take a month to work on a deal.”

“Oh. I see.”

“Mianhe oppa. I thought it would just take a short while, not until dad mentioned it earlier.”

“No, no, it’s alright. Take care of yourself neh? Don’t overwork.”

“Yah, oppa. I can take care of myself, and mom’s here, everyone’s here. I’m worried about you, there’s no one to take care of you there.”

“I’ll be fine. Trust me. A month won’t be long. Before you know it your home. I’ll just call you from time to time neh? So that you won’t miss oppa so much.”

“Oppa, I’ll miss you. So much. Phone calls won’t make it easy.”

“Tiff, what did I tell you? Just follow your dad, okay? Wonnie oppa will be fine.”

“Okay…”

“Tiff, I have to go, we’re almost home. Take care alright? I love you. Text me when you’re bored or you miss me. Call anything whatever. I love you baby.”

“Alright. Rest well Wonnie oppa! I love you!”

It was just five minutes of their conversation and Siwon badly misses her. He can’t explain the longing feeling, now knowing that she’ll not be home for a month. He was somewhat venting anger on his father-in-law, who seem to might set everything out to break them apart. Nevertheless, he got home and went straight to bed.

============================

Siwon arrived at the office two in the afternoon, he was feeling a bit drowsy but he really needed to attend to his piled up work.

It was just a usual day for him and nothing was that remarkable, he was packing up to go home after hours of work when he remembered his best friend Donghae.

“Yo, Hae, free tonight? Let’s get some drinks.”

“Waeyo? Does Tiffany know about this? Sure thing man.”

“No, no. Long story, let’s meet at the usual place. At seven. Alright?”

“Did you two fight? And since when did you guys got back?”

“Aish, stop asking. I’ll tell you when we meet. Gotta hang up. “

Donghae on the other line was confused on how Siwon was acting up. He knew him too well that he sensed something going on between the couple. As they have agreed on, he met Siwon at their favorite bar. He arrived a little earlier than Siwon did. After a few minutes, a man in his loosened up long sleeves came to approach him.

“So… I think there’s something going on.”

Donghae started as the other comforted himself to a seat. He wanted to know the answers that exact time Siwon arrived. The other signaled the bartender two beers for them and proceeded with the long story.

“It’s Tiffany’s dad. He’s against me. Against us.”

“WAEYO?! How could Uncle Hwang?!” Donghae was pretty surprised with how Siwon was so straightforward telling about it.

“Well, it seems that he stereotyped every guy is like Tiffany’s douchebag ex. And he threatened me with it.”

His best friend suddenly remembered Taecyeon, Tiffany’s ex-boyfriend who they caught having an affair while in a relationship with Tiffany.

“Did he know about the wedding? Did Tiffany explain? What-what happened?”

“He was boiling mad at me for marrying his youngest. I felt like I was really hated by her father. I couldn’t get the point of why he acted like that on me. Tiffany tried her best to convince her own dad. But that was not enough. I was not enough for his daughter.”

Donghae felt affection upon Siwon’s words. His best friend was really hurt getting rejected by Tiffany’s dad. They continued sharing stories, most of it, Siwon’s anguish towards his father-in-law. They had bottle after bottle, when Siwon started to get slurred.

“You-you know, Hae. He-he- tries to get Tiff a-a-away fr-from me.”

“What?!” Donghae who was still conscious was shocked with what he have heard all night long.

“Tiffany, she-she was left in the States. Her-her father wanted her to help their business-wha-whatsoever. Then she’ll be gone for a month!! DAMN IT!! Is forgetting that she’s already married!”

His strong voice startled the other customers and Donghae tried to calm him down. He was feeling that Siwon is deeply hurt this time. He was resilient on his words, he never stuttered to curse.

After paying their bills, Donghae carried his best friend out, he called Mr. Park to drive the drunk Siwon home. Upon going on his own car, he thought of how can Siwon overcome such problem. He felt sorry for his own best friend who was so happy at one point then turned miserable like this. 

=======================

A/N: Hello. Hello! Here it is, get ready for some twists people. It can't be fluff all the time. This will define our characters. I wish them well on the next few one. Yeah, but it will take some time. Tell me what you think. Kamsahamnida! ^^