Arriving

Foolish

 

They have landed in LAX Airport at 11in the morning. Tiffany was busy making phone calls to her siblings, Siwon on the other hand was following her along with their luggage. They were headed towards the exit when a familiar voice shouted at them.

“DONGSAENGI!!!!!”

Tiffany looked at the direction of the voice and found out it was his older brother Onew.

“Jinki oppa!” she came running towards the direction of his brother. Turns out the he was not alone, he was with Ryeowook, another older sibling.

“Yah! Our maknae has gone prettier! Could it be because of being married?” Ryeowook teased Tiffany.

“You know already?! Jinjja? Since when?!” She asked in surprise. She thought only Jinki knew about her being married.

“Onew told me. Don’t worry, haven’t told Dad yet. By the way, where’s hyung?”

“Oh, he’s right there.”

They turned to where Tiffany pointed them. It was a tall lad in his baseball cap on and a varsity sweatshirt on. He flashed a smile to Tiffany and his siblings, soon after he went to their direction, she introduced him.

“Wonnie, meet my oppas, Ryeowook and Jinki. Guys, my husband, Siwon hyung.” Siwon bowed and shook hands with Ryeowook and Jinki. They were warm enough to their sister’s husband. Siwon was somehow relieved feeling their warm welcome.

“Are you guys set? Pali, let’s go home now. Mom’s waiting to see you guys.” Ryeowook said leading them to the direction of his car. Jinki helped Siwon carry their bags into the trunk and they all got in to drive home.

====================================

They arrived at what seemed to be Tiffany’s home in the States. After their house help got all the things inside, Ryewook called the attention of their mom.

“Mom, we’re home!”

“Arasso! I’ll be down in a minute.”

Siwon can’t help but to feel uneasy, this was the time he was about to meet her mom. He was wondering where Tiffany’s dad was, but for this moment, her mom would be enough. One at a time he says to himself. Jinki noticed that Siwon was feeling uncomfortable; he patted his back for assurance.

“Hyung, don’t worry. Mom’s nice, I think he’s going to like you. You’re as handsome as me. Right?” while letting out a small chuckle. Ryeowook heard what Onew said, he opposed the statement of the younger.

“Stop with the nonsense Onew! Siwon hyung and I are the most identical. Older kids like us always have that appeal you know!”

Tiffany was laughing at his siblings paltry debate. She was happy they got along well in such a short time. Siwon on the other hand was just smiling, though he was still anxious.

In between Jinki and Ryeowook’s argument on who looks good, their mom came out to check the commotion in their living room.

“Jinki, Wookie! Would you two keep your voices down, your hyung might get the wrong idea of you two!” and when she checked on the living room, she saw Siwon in between Jinki and Ryeowook. Upon the sight of Tiffany’s mother, he jolted up and bowed to her.

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo. Choi Siwon imnida.”

Tiffany on the other hand was excited on the sight of her mother. She ran to her and gave her a big hug.

“Umma! I missed you! How are you guys doing?”

“I’m good. Seems like my baby is getting prettier, does your husband take care of you well? You look good Tiffany.”

“Ah, yah umma! Stop with that. I’ll let you meet him. Mom, Siwon, son-in-law.”

Siwon was feeling uneasy again when he was formally introduced. Nevertheless, he bowed again in respect.

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo. Choi Siwon imnida.”

Mrs. Hwang just smiled at the lad’s courtesy.

“Nice to finally meet you Siwon. I hope you’re taking care of Tiffany well.”

“Uh, neh” Siwon shyly answered while his hands scratching the back of his head. He always does this when he’s shy or just plain nervous.

“Let’s go have some lunch. I know you two are tired from your trip. Jinki, Wookie let’s go.”

They proceeded to the dining room and Jinki clinged his arm into Siwon.

“Yah hyung, when you get a taste of mom’s bulgogi, you’ll never go back to Korea again! Trust me with it.”

Siwon just smiled at Jinki’s lightheartedness. So far, he was getting along well. They had lunch and Tiffany’s mom was asking about Siwon, how they met and what does he do in Korea. As usual, being the mischievous oppas of Tiffany, Ryeowook and Onew always shared jokes around the table. Tiffany was happy that her family was able to accept Siwon warm heartedly. It was too much to ask for a shotgun wedding that had happened.

“Um, Mom, when will Dad come home? Will he be able to meet Siwon?” Tiffany asked her mom.

“He knows you’ll be home. I think he’ll come back next week. He can’t leave Europe just yet, there are a lot of things there for him to check.” her mother replied.

Upon the thought of Tiffany’s Dad, Siwon can’t help but ask himself what could be his reaction. He might be not as warm and welcoming as Tiffany’s mom and her siblings.

================================

Siwon was directed to the guest room while Tiffany will be staying in her room. It was not a big deal for him that they won’t be staying together; after all, Tiffany really wanted to come home. She should come home the way she used to. Tiffany’s mom checked on Siwon, she saw him unpacking his bags.

“Do you like your room?”

Siwon was startled by the voice he heard while unpacking. He saw that it was Tiffany’s mom; he quickly got into his feet.

“Uh, neh. Thank you Mrs. Hwang.”

“Ah. Aniyo. You’re part of the family now, call me mom like Tiffany.” Mrs. Hwang said while smiling at his son-in-law.

“Ah. Neh.” He replied with a smile.

“When you’re done, come to the living room, I’ll show you something.”

“Ah. Arasso. Neh. Kamsamhamnida.” He said.

==============================

After unpacking, Siwon immediately came to the living room, he saw Mrs. Hwang with photo albums beside her. She gestured him to sit beside her, then he started flipping pages of the album, showing Tiffany’s baby pictures.

“This was when she was 5 years old. She was really stubborn she did not like to wear a hanbok, but his father convinced him when he said that she’s going to get gifts from her uncles and aunties if she wears it.”

Siwon was amused with the photos and the stories her mother-in-law was telling him. Suddenly, Tiffany came into the living room seeing her mom and Siwon looking through her childhood photos.

“I’ve been finding you guys! And what’s that? Mom! Did you show him my baby pictures?!”

Her mom just chuckled at her protest. She had no choice but to sit beside Siwon and put on a pout.

“You we’re very cute when you we’re young.” Siwon said while pinching her cheeks.

“Waeyo? Am I not cute today?”

“Haha, no, you’re acute. Kidding! Of course you’re not cute anymore, you’re beautiful now.” Siwon said while pointing his fingers to her nose.

Tiffany’s mom can’t help but to smile at the couple. She was relieved when she sees that Tiffany is happy with her husband.

“You two take some time together while I check on what’s for dinner.” Then she left the couple. Tiffany took Siwon’s hand and led him to her room which had a balcony.

Siwon was backhugging Tiffany while she had her eyes on the view in front of them.

“Are you happy?” she asked.

“Of course I am. It’s more than I can ask for.”

“I’m happy that you’re happy.”

“Really? Me too. Thanks for bringing me here.”

This time she faced Siwon,

“I love you. Thanks for taking care of me.” She then pulled Siwon closer causing their foreheads to be against each other and look eye to eye.

“I love you too.” He then pulled her face closer for a kiss, just when about their lips are about to meet, a voice interrupted them,

“Yah Siwon hyung! How about coming down and joining us for basketball?” it was Ryeowook.

Tiffany laughed and gave Siwon a kiss on the cheek. He pushed him out to get changed and do a favor for his siblings. 

==================================================

A/N: Ryeowook oppa with a bad timing! Hahaha! Update again guyz~ Sorry if there are less SiFany moments here, I guess that's what happens when you finally get to meet the parents. Well, there's still a lot of time for them in the States so just hang on! ^^ Comment/Subscriptions are welcome, leggo!