Fever and Its Side Effects

Foolish

 

He woke up with the sun shining upon his face. He looked beside him and Tiffany was still asleep, securing in his arms. Checking her forehead, her fever has not gone down yet. He carefully jumped out of bed and Tiffany felt him leave.

“Siwonnieeeee~ Don’t leave me.”

Hearing those words, Siwon smiled ‘Is she like this everytime she gets sick? How cute.’ he thought to himself. He went close to her and caressed her cheeks.

“I’m just gonna get changed and buy you medicine. Oppa will make you breakfast when he comes back. Arasso? Just stay there.” Kissing her forehead afterwards.

=============================================

As what he promised he didn’t took long. After he got back from Tiffany’s apartment, he cooked Tiffany’s favorite breakfast, strawberry pancakes. While making breakfast, he accidentally messed up with his shirt, he took it off leaving only his undershirt on.

When he was done making Tiffany’s breakfast, he set the food in the tray and the caramel macchiato he bought on the way back.

While he was carrying the tray on the way to Tiffany’s room, he dialed on his phone and put it between his shoulders and right ear so he can bring the tray with two hands. He was talking to his secretary when he entered the room.

“I can’t make it to work today. Tiffany’s sick, I have to cancel all appointments today to watch over her. Just tell them I’ll set another time by next week. I can’t really leave her alone.”

Tiffany was awoken by his voice talking to someone on the phone. She was smiling to herself when he heard how Siwon was straightforward about not coming to work and taking care of her. The phone call ended and Siwon saw Tiffany awake looking at him.

“Princess, oppa’s back and breakfast is ready.” He said while handing her the tray. Tiffany was just looking at him. He wondered why, then he remembered he was just wearing his undershirt.

“Oh, um, sorry. I got my shirt messed up while cooking. Took it off to dry. Um, I can go back to get changed.”

She giggled at his gentleness, but she couldn’t help but to blush seeing his boyfriend’s body. How his biceps contracted while carrying the tray and his broad chest she was leaning on last night in her office.

“I don’t mind silly. Come here.”

He sat beside her and felt her forehead.

“Hm. Temperature’s still high. Here, eat.”

She was about to get the cup of macchiato when Siwon grabbed it.

“Na-ah. Finish your pancakes first. You can’t just have coffee for breakfast. Are you nuts?!”

Tiffany pouted and she had no choice but to follow Siwon. She was a good kid who finished her breakfast and took her medicine.

==================================================

“Siwonnie, can we go downstairs? I don’t want you to be bored watching over me, I don’t want to stay in bed the whole day either.”

“Oh. Okay, let me carry you then.”

“Aniyo oppa, I can walk.”

Before she could stand, Siwon carried her like last night. They went down the living room and Siwon set her in the couch. Her head leaning on his shoulders and he was hugging her to his side. He covered her with a blanket and the TV. Siwon wanted to start a conversation with her.

“Hae asked me out last night.”

“Jinjja? Why didn’t you go with him, it’s been a while since you guys went out.”

“Ani, I told him I need your permission first.”

Tiffany was shocked to hear those words.

“Waeyo? Hae’s your best friend, you should go out with him like you used too. I don’t want you guys to grow cold because of me.”

“He understands though. He was laughing the whole time about it. Haha, I don’t find it wrong. I want people to know that I’m not that kind of guy anymore.”

Why is he like this? Tiffany asked herself. He was just the ideal guy she wanted. She can’t help but to fall over and over again. Without any hesitation, she faced Siwon and gave him a kiss. Siwon felt burning lips touch into his. He was surprised with her actions, but it didn’t take long for him to respond to the kiss.

As soon as they broke the kiss, “That was hot. Literally.”  Siwon said, and they both let out a chuckle.

“Oppa, can you do me a favor?”

“Um. What’s that baby?”

“There’s this paper posted on the fridge, can you get it for me?”

When he heard that, he rose up from where he’s seated and went to get the paper.  He was curious what was it about but he let Tiffany to explain.

“Oppa, open it” Tiffany said with her eager but slightly broken voice.

He opened the envelope and found two plane tickets to the US.

“TA-DA! Surprise Siwonnie~”

“What’s this?”

“My advanced birthday gift. You’ll be celebrating yours in two months right?”

“Yeah, what I mean is, trip to the US? This summer? Isn’t this—“

“Neh oppa, I will introduce you to my family. I’ll like you meet my parents”

Siwon didn’t know what to feel, he was happy for having such a thoughtful girlfriend, but meeting her parents? He was kind of uncomfortable with it, especially meeting Tiffany’s dad. From what Tiffany has told him, she’s the maknae and the only girl of the family with two other brothers. From what she has told him, he was an overprotective father. She didn’t fail to see Siwon’s unexplainable face.

“Wae oppa? Don’t you like it?” while letting out a pout.

“Ah-ani. It’s just that I don’t know if your parents will like me.”

“I’m sure they will, because I love you oppa!”

It was his first time to hear something like that from Tiffany. Normally he would initiate those words to her and wait for her reply, or do not even get a reply at all. He was still wondering if it’s still fever or she really meant it.

Spacing out, he has five months. Five months to set things straight. He can’t mess up in Korea, he has to get his act together, because one way or another, Tiffany’s Dad can find out what kind of guy he was before.