Marry Your Daughter

Foolish

 

It was silent inside the hospital room where Tiffany’s dad was. The sound of the respirator machine was accompanying the atmosphere and beside the bed sat Tiffany’s mother who was waiting for his husband to wake up. She was waiting peacefully when someone knocked on the door and motioned to enter.

Tiffany stood still upon the sight of his father lying on a hospital bed. She could not hold back her tears and hugged Siwon after seeing Mr. Hwang’s condition. Siwon had no choice but to comfort her and let her cry. No one was speaking and the feeling was heavy not until the patient gestured to wake up.

“Tiffany?” a hoarse voice called her name. She stopped crying and takes a look at her dad. Mr. Hwang was smiling at her and told her to get near.

“Dad? I’m so sorry dad. I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry dad!” Tiffany was hugging him tight as if he was leaving. She could not help but to break down again in front of him after all that happened. Siwon just stood there at the sight of them while Tiffany’s mother went out with Tiffany’s siblings for the people inside to talk.

The door shut indicating that they were alone now. Tiffany’s dad brought up his head and turned to Siwon.

“Siwon, my son. I’m sorry for everything.” Siwon was puzzled, he didn’t know if he heard it right. Tiffany’s dad who almost cursed him to death called him a ‘son’. Moreover, he was apologizing for something big. Although he was clueless, he managed to just stood still and look at his wife and father-in-law.

“Tiffany, I-I hope you forgive daddy..” Mr. Hwang spoke to her crying face.

“I will daddy. I love you daddy! I love you!” Tiffany was afraid that she might lose her dad anytime now. All that she was thinking of came to her senses. She didn’t mind anything now, there’s no time for remorse. It will only make things complicated.

“I-I planned all of this. Siwon and her former fiancée, everything. I’m sorry. I’m sorry to the both of you. It kills me to know my son-in-law almost lifeless because of me. I can’t take away my daughter’s happiness. I’m sorry Tiffany. Daddy is sorry. I hope you could forgive daddy. I-I won’t live long, I-I hope you could forgive me be-before..” Tiffany did not let him finish before her dad could say the word. She was surprised about what her dad told her, so was Siwon. But the both of them did not feel anguish, they felt pity over the old man having a hard time and somehow, a part of them was happy because finally, no one can stop them from being together.

“Dad, i-it’s okay dad. See, Siwon is right here. He wants to see you dad. I forgive you dad. I love you. Please don’t leave, you’re going to have a grandchild soon dad. P-Please don’t leave!” Tiffany pleaded in between her tears. Siwon was also getting teary eyed over everything. He wish he would have known and remember but somehow he’s thankful that he just wanted this suffering to end and make the most out of their lives as a couple.

The three of them went silent for a while. Tiffany was hugging her dad real tight. She did not want to waste any time from that moment. Siwon was looking at them and he smiles to himself. Finally, what they both wanted.

“Tiffany, can I talk to your dad first?” She was surprised by what she heard. Tiffany got up and looked at Siwon’s direction. He was straightforward fo having a word with her father. Tiffany nodded before heading to the door out.

When they were finally alone, Siwon just stood still looking at the man on the bed. He didn’t knew where to start but he walked near him and sat beside the bed.

“Um-I-I haven’t in-introduced my-myself yet. Choi Siwon sir. I’m-I’m sorry if I-I can’t remember anything.” He shyly said while scratching the back of his head. Just like what he always do when he doesn’t know what to do.

“I should be the one asking for forgiveness son. Siwon, I’m sorry for causing this much. I should not be here talking to you. You didn’t deserve this kind of treatment. Please forgive me son.” Mr. Hwang pleaded to him.

“It-it’s okay. I-I mean, it’s the past, we-we can’t do anything but move on. I’m-I’m really happy that you called me son. Um-I mean, it means a lot to Tiffany Mr. Hwang.” He shyly replied.

Mr. Hwang chuckled at his statement. Above all this, he was the humble Choi Siwon who just proved his love to her daughter.

“I called you son but you can’t call me dad?” he laughed after. Siwon’s eyes grew in shock and bowed his head in embarrassment.

“Oh, I’m-I’m sorry Mr. Hwa—I mean, d-dad.” He apologized while his head was still down.
 

“Siwon. Thank you for taking care of Tiffany.” Mr. Hwang said. Siwon’s emotions began to tear up again. He wanted to cry at that statement. He didn’t deserve such but his father-in-law said it to him.

“I-I’m sorry if-if I hurt her. B-But I’m trying my-my best to win everything back.”  Siwon carefully said, he was afraid that this might get him rejected but to his surprise Mr. Hwang just smiled back.

“Dad?”

“Yes, Siwon?”

 “I want to ask permission. I want to marry your daughter.” Siwon courageously answered. Tiffany told him the story of how they were wedded and the promise of another wedding, this time in front of everyone else. Mr. Hwang plastered a big smile on his face and patted Siwon’s shoulders.

“You have my blessing my son.” His father-in-law answered while his head was looking down. Siwon’s face lightened up upon the news. He stood from his seat and hugged Mr. Hwang tight.

“I hope you could stay strong for me. I want you to walk her down the aisle. That’s what she wants. I hope we could do this together. Thank you dad. Thank you.” Siwon said in between his tears without breaking the embrace. Mr. Hwang was surprised by his statement and continuously patted his back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello hello! Sorry if I wasn't able to update last night. Fell asleep. LOL. This is one big chapter, very dramatic too. (but I don't know if I did well in writing. Kekeke sorry for my fail drama scriptwriting skillzz) This fic is about to end. Two chapters left. T^T but, I'm releasing a new fanfic by the end of the day. Hehehe, I hope I could see you again there. ^^