Back To Himself

Foolish

 

The couple stayed in the States for a week. Tiffany insisted that Mr. Hwang should be discharged before they go home. Siwon was more than happy now that things are on his way. He somehow wanted his memory back; he’s still having a hard time patching things up from the past. Tiffany was always reminding him not to force himself to remember, but he could only do so much.

Two days after they arrived in Korea, Siwon was running a slight fever and headache. His wife thought that he might got it from too much exhaustion from the trip. She insisted to bring Siwon to the hospital but the lad was like a hard headed kid who didn’t want to see his doctor.

“I’m okay, trust me. I’m just tired.” Siwon turned away from Tiffany’s insisting.

“I don’t think so, you’ve been running a fever for a day now hun. Let’s go to the doctors before anything else gets into you.” She reprimanded.

“I’ll be fine. I just need some sleep. Promise if this thing doesn’t go off by morning, I’ll bring myself for a check-up.” Siwon was ready to turn into bed, he hated that his wife insisted to bringing him to the hospital. It was just an ordinary fever and it was nothing to worry about.

“Okay, you said so. Goodnight hun. Get well soon alright?” Tiffany placed a kiss on his lips before turning into bed with him. She could feel Siwon’s hot temperature beside her so she hugged him close hoping he could feel better the next day.

“Goodnight baby. I love you.” He said after the kiss and then the both of them drifted to sleep.

Siwon was awoken by a terrible headache. He jolted out of the bed and went downstairs for a glass of water. Tiffany felt his husband leave and waited for him to come back but instead she heard a stumbling noise downstairs. She got on her feet and hurriedly came down.

“Siwon?! Are you alright?!” Tiffany shouted in worry. There was no reply. She came running to the kitchen only to find his husband unconscious on the floor.

 =====

Siwon laid in a hospital bed unconscious, Tiffany could only look at him with worry. Her silence was disturbed when Donghae and Jessica came in with the doctor.

“Hi, you must be Mrs. Choi. Well, we have performed a CT scan on Mr. Choi. His recovery seems to be getting well and we didn’t see anything happened to his concussion. The fever and headache might be triggered by his body due to adaptive change in his memory complex. Once he gains consciousness, please tell us. Chances are, his old memory might come back after the traumatic amnesia. Same rule goes when he had it, do not stress the patient and do not force him to remember anything.” Their eyes grew of shock when they heard the doctor saying his old memory might come back. Tiffany nodded silently and turned her head to his husband, she wished his old memory won’t come back but here it is again.

“Tiffany, he’ll be alright. Don’t worry. After everything that has happened, I know he will still choose you.” Jessica patted her best friend’s back. Those words touched Tiffany; she didn’t knew that Jessica was this supportive all along.

The couple didn’t stay long because Tiffany didn’t want to bother them by staying in the hospital room. She was left alone with Siwon, still sleeping. She was half asleep with her head leaning on Siwon’s bed when she felt hands touched her face. Siwon was awake and was looking deeply at her.

“Baby, I’m sorry.” Those were his first words. Siwon was running into tears when he saw the sight of Tiffany beside him. He knew she hurt her a lot, his old memory told him so.

Tiffany hugged her tight upon hearing those words. She was afraid that everything might happen again, she might get hurt again.

“I’m sorry Tiffany. I’m sorry for hurting you. I love you. Don’t leave please.” He pleaded with his hoarse voice. Siwon hugged her back tighter. He was also afraid of letting go the girl he only loved. The girl that was his happiness.

“Siwon, don’t do that again okay? I was really hurt. I thought you didn’t love me anymore. I can’t really take it if you left me.” Tiffany said in between her sobs.

“I won’t baby. I won’t. I’m sorry for hurting you so much. I have always loved you Tiffany. I won’t leave again. Just promise me the same.” He kissed her forehead and didn’t let go of her embrace. They stayed like that until Tiffany drifted to sleep from so much crying. Siwon could not explain his happiness, now that she has Tiffany back, he won’t do anything that could break them apart.