The Past

Foolish

 

Siwon was discharged from the hospital a week after the accident. He was not really as curious as he had been the first time he gained consciousness. He was just the quiet one, looking around his visitors. Sometimes he would ask Tiffany on who’s this and that but other than that, he won’t ask anything anymore. The doctor said that Siwon is having a hard time forming new memories that’s why he’s not yet that impulsive to know everything.

After doing the dishes, Siwon pulled Tiffany to their room and sat on their bed. Tiffany was surprised with his sudden actions but decided to follow him anyway. His back was against the headboard, and he drew his wife into an embrace with her head on his chest. She loved the feeling, his innocent husband doing these things.

“Could you tell me what was I like when we were together?”

It was the question Tiffany was expecting the past few days, yet she didn’t know how to answer.

“Well, pretty much like this? Haha.” She let out a small chuckle trying to brush off the question but Siwon seemed to be persistent.

“No, I mean, how was I? It’s really hard for me where to start.” Siwon said with worry.

Tiffany turned back and looked at him in the eyes.

“You don’t need to look where to start. I’m right here.” She kissed him softly on the lips and smiled sweetly back at him.

Siwon was feeling that Tiffany is hiding something from him, but he just nodded so that it won’t cause anything for now.

“Siwon?”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

He was dumbfounded by what he heard. It was like he met Tiffany a few days ago, but they have been together before that. Siwon doesn’t know how to respond to the person he forgot he loved.

“This might be crazy, but to me, it’s like I met you just a few days ago because my brain said so. The funny thing is, seems like my heart didn’t forget you at all. I love you too Tiffany, thanks for taking care of me.”

He pulled him tighter and placed a kiss on her forehead. Her heart jumped on those words he heard from Siwon. Tiffany couldn’t be any happier, the accident acted like a curse but more of a blessing right now. They shared the whole afternoon with each other like that.

========

On the weekend, Tiffany invited the Haesica couple for dinner, the two girls were preparing in the kitchen while Donghae and Siwon were in the patio with a can of beer. Tiffany introduced Donghae to Siwon as his best friend few days ago when they visited Siwon at the hospital.

They were silent for some time when Siwon broke the ice.

“Donghae, how was I like being a friend?” Siwon began his curiosity.

“Hah. That’s a tough question. Haha. For one, you were a great best friend; we always helped each other when we pass out on bars. It’s mutual between us. I always helped you with girls and you always helped me with work. Pretty much how usual friends are like.” Donghae gave a shy smile after saying that.

“Oh. Really. Donghae can you tell me something?”

“About what?”

“There’s something Tiffany isn’t telling me. I know. She always hides it from me.”

Donghae stopped at the question. He promised Tiffany not to tell anything about the accident and the story behind it but he knew that it was right for his friend to know.

“W-what is it?” Donghae asked in a slight nervous voice.

“What happened to me and Tiffany before the accident?” he was straightforward and eager to find answers.

Donghae could only sigh. He thought deeply on how he will open such thing to Siwon.

“Well, you ran off with your ex-fiancee and you left Tiffany, but I punched you in the face and told you that Tiffany was going back to the States if you don’t run after her.”

Siwon was surprised; he hasn’t had a single idea of what happened before. He was shocked because he didn’t deserve the kind of treatment Tiffany is giving him.

“W-why did I run off?”

Another question with a complicated answer. Donghae never thought that he would spill out everything tonight to Siwon. He told the story of how Siwon and Tiffany met, to the wedding and to meeting his father-in-law. Tiffany never told Siwon about those things, he knew it from Donghae. There was a moment of silence after a long talk of tragedies from the past. Siwon was contemplating if the accident was meant to be. Their silence was broken by a voice heard coming from inside the house.

“Dinner’s ready guys! Let’s go.”

=======

That night, Siwon couldn’t sleep thinking about what Donghae told him earlier. How he was so rude to do that and then Tiffany came running to take care of him as if nothing happened. She did not deserve a man like that, he felt guilt rise. Siwon thought of a good way to make it up to Tiffany. At least from hurting her so much in the past. Pretty soon he was fast asleep from the thinking.

The next morning, Tiffany woke up early to do their groceries, Siwon insisted that he would come but Tiffany won’t let him since he was still on recovery. Her husband wanted to give back and make up for what he has done without letting Tiffany notice that he knew her secrets.

“Are you sure there isn’t anything you want?” Tiffany asked while getting her car keys, preparing to leave.

“You won’t let me come.” Siwon stood with a sad face while leaning on the doorway. Tiffany giggled at his cuteness and pinched him on the cheeks.

“Just stay here. I won’t be gone long okay?” She kissed him on the lips and opened the door to leave.

Siwon was alone and kept thinking of other ways to say he was sorry. After a moment of considering, he rushed to the kitchen and started taking out random ingredients. He busied himself baking a cake even though he just searched for it on the internet for instructions. Carefully, he followed the instructions to make a surprise for Tiffany before she gets home.

He was placing the last item on the procedure; it was the icing on the cake. Siwon was carefully spreading the chocolate icing on the cake, making it neat looking. Finally, he was going to write his message with some white icing on top. His hands were shaking since he wanted it to be pretty. Slowly writing his message, he accidentally screwed up the cake when he pinched the icing bag too much. It looked weird. He was disappointed but Siwon had no choice but to continue.

He hurriedly finished the cake and put it inside the fridge. Siwon started cleaning up but to his surprise, Tiffany’s car honked as if saying she was here. He panicked because he wasn’t able to finish the dishes on time but he had to open the door for Tiffany and help her with the groceries.

Siwon went outside to carry the bags, he was nervous that Tiffany would notice some the mess he made on the kitchen. He was surprised when Tiffany went in first so he scurried too. When he came to drop the grocery bags he was stunned to see Tiffany standing and looking at the mess.

“Siwon, what did you do here?” Tiffany asked with slight distress.

“Um, nothing?” Siwon said with a shy smile. Tiffany was not convinced; she was looking at Siwon as if waiting for a decent answer. Siwon persisted but he finally gave up.

“Okay fine, I did something for you.” Siwon said while rolling his eyes.

“For me?” Tiffany pointed to herself in confusion. All of a sudden Siwon brought down the grocery bags and pulled Tiffany to the dining room. He made her sit down and he ran back to the kitchen. Few moments, Tiffany saw Siwon holding a cake in his hand. When he laid it down, Tiffany saw what was on it.

“I’M SORRY TIFFBABY!  - <3 your pabo Siwon Choi”

She chuckled at what she read but she was curious why did Siwon wrote something like that. She notice the funny handwriting on the icing. Siwon kept scratching his head from the mistake. 

“Why sorry?” she asked.

“Tiffany, sorry I lied to you but I pleaded Donghae to tell me everything last night.” Siwon backhugged her and leaned his head on her small shoulders. Tiffany stood silent in his husband’s embrace when suddenly,

“I’m sorry Tiffany. Let me make it up to you. I love you baby.” He whispered in her ears.

Those words made her heart flutter. Her innocent husband acting like this was just bliss. She missed the feeling, and it was back. It was not really the Siwon with the complete memory but the real Siwon she loves.

 

------------------------

A/N: UWAAAAAAAAAAH HAHA Too lazy for author's notes. LOLOLOL There's too much fluff! Hehe thanks for reading! :)