Skinny Love

Falling in Love Hurts.

 

 

"Hello, Hyun Ae?"

"Please leave a message after the beep; Annyeong this is Hyun Ae, if I'm not picking up I'm probably with my bestest friend in the world right now yo~!

"Yah!" Someone else laughed in the back, "Hyunnie stop~!" 

"Okay, so leave me a message!" Both of them were laughing and the message ended.

That was the first time Hyun Ae hadn't picked up my call, the first time I heard her message at the end of her call. Who was she talking about? Kevin?

I sighed and got out of the apartment.

 

"Kevin, you need to end this drama quickly or more people will get hurt!"

"I know Victoria!" I ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath.

"Listen Vic, I don't know what to do okay?! I... I just... I want Hyun Ae but what about Kiseop? She loves him right?"

"Kevin look at me." I didn't and so she cupped my face, "Listen," She turned my face towards hers, "Hyun Ae is realizing her feelings for you Kevin. This means you need to act up too. I talked to Kiseop. He doesn't want to believe it but sooner or later it's gonna hit him hard."

I softened, "I'm just telling you that this is your last chance to be with Hyun Ae okay. Because God knows if you do not end up with her, I won't be able to restrain my self again. I myself am tired Kevin. I am freaking tired of this one sided love. And if you don't end up happy, all my sacrifices would be for nothing." She sighed and let her hands slip off my face.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. I had forgotten how much I had also been hurting her at this point. "I'm so sorry."

 

I was sitting at the park alone. Why did things have to be so complicated? Why was I so blind, why couldn't I have realized that my own best friend was in love with me? Was I really so oblivious? I knew now to who, my heart belonged to... but how was I to reach him now?

And Kiseop.

Oh Kiseop...

I don't even know what to tell him. I had purposely shut off my phone for days and just left it at my house because I didn't wnt to encounter him at all. I was scared. I was scared I would hurt him. I just don't know what to do.

 

 

A few days later;

"Is she home?"

Eun Sun was at the door nervously contemplating whether to lie to him or not.

"You know what?!" She exclaimed, surprising Kiseop with her sudden outburst, "I am sick of this Tom and Jerry business crap! Just go talk to her, she's in her room." With that Eun Sun turned away, walked to the couch and put on her favorite drama." Kiseop, still wide eyed, closed the door and walked to Hyun Ae's room. He knocked and then walked in.

Hyun Ae looked up, surprised, "Kiseop."

"Hey." He sat down next to her on her bed. "I guess you've been busy for a while."

"Um, y-yeah, I-"

"Too busy to talk to your own boyfriend?" He smiled sadly at her. She stayed quiet, not daring to say another word.

"I'm sorry."

I sighed, "Hyun Ae, you know I love you right?"

She nodded, the knot in her stomach becoming bigger.

"I think that even though I love you... Even if I love you more than anyone else ever could... It wouldn't matter."

"Why-"

"Because you're in love with someone else." I looked at her straight in the eye. 

"I guess this is where I tell you I'm letting you go." I felt something like a sharp needle go up my nose as tears threatened to fall.

"But, just let me kiss you one last time?" I choked. She gave me a small sad smile and cupped my cheek. She pressed her forehead onto mine and whispered, "I'm so sorry." Then she pressed her soft lips slowly onto mine. Tears escaped my eyes and when she pulled away, she hugged me right after. "If anyone asks, I broke up with you!" I exclaimed while clutching onto her tightly, my tears stained the back of her shirt. She burrowed her head into my neck and nodded, continiously whispering apologies.

 

 

And that was when it was finally over. A long play with our four hearts.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey guys, I'm actually getting emotional over this story ending because the next chapter, the long awaited 'wedding chapter', will be the last....

i really do hate this story but I am attached to it ><

 

Thank you everyone for your support on this story. I hope to see you all in the last chapter