chapter 2

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a slow and boring Thursday in Gyeonggi High School when suddenly, every member of the senior batch was summoned to the amphitheater by the principal. Soon enough, students from all three sections were gathered in the venue – creating different noises from snickers and chit-chatting.

 

A loud, screeching feedback sound drowned the noise as the students saw the principal himself, fixing his tie as he cleared his throat to speak.

 

“Every three years, Suwon holds a competition among the different schools in the area. It has been a tradition which main goal is to build camaraderie among the students. As usual, the organization committee prepared an event which will test how much you’ve learned from your respective academies,” he stated.

 

There were low murmurs of excitement and anticipation coming from the crowd. The speaker, obviously flustered with the attention his listeners were giving went on with his announcement.

 

“Each school will be represented by twelve senior students, who will be picked based on your teacher’s recommendations. Rest assured that fairness and utmost equality will be practiced in the choosing process. I know, and I believe that all of you are capable of bringing the glory to our dear school; so whoever will be chosen, we will expect a lot from you. Prove to the whole district that even though Gyeonggi Science High School is more than just a simple science institution. To those who wouldn’t, I would still ask for your total support for our representatives,” the principal continued. The crowd was becoming more and more excited.

 

“The event shall take place three weeks from now and the team will be revealed on Tuesday next week. Thank you,” he ended his speech and stepped off the podium to leave. The students gave a round of applause and then they were led back to their respective classrooms.

 

The classes resumed but every single soul could tell that nobody among the senior batch members cared about their lessons. All attentions were now directed to the upcoming event. Everybody were excited, and there was only one question in their mind: Who would be the members of the 12-man team?

 

***

 

“I bet you’ll be picked,” Amber nudged Krystal as they walked together from the school. The day has ended already and they’re on their way home.

Amber Liu and Krystal Jung are cousins. Their mothers are twins who refuse to live far away from each other. So basically, the two pretty much lived their whole lives together too. They share so ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter