chapter 22

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kevin watched from afar as a girl from the host school blocked Soojung’s way to the building. Even though he couldn’t clearly see it, he knew they engaged themselves in some deadly staring contest. His curiosity was piqued, especially because he could easily tell that his queenka’s shaking.

 

Instantly, it clicked.

 

“So is she the reason for Soojung’s behavior?” He asked himself.

 

He wanted to know what was happening, but he wouldn’t want to interfere with the queenka’s personal matters. So he decided to take another route and headed closer to where the girls are.

 

“So I see you managed to make a name for your pitiful self in another school,” the Sukji girl said mockingly. “I wonder how much you paid to get to this competition.”

 

Kevin’s eyebrow shot up in sudden annoyance. What was she implying? He didn’t like her tone even a bit. His gaze then drifted to Soojung who was clenching her fist tightly, her lips pursed into a thin line.

 

“I don’t think that’s any of your business,” Soojung shot back poisonously. “And I’m not you, Hye Ju, I don’t cheat just to get what I want.”

 

The last sentence obviously hit a nerve on the Sukji girl because she gritted her teeth. But almost in an instant, she let out a sarcastic smile. “Of course, it’s my business,” she smirked. “Anything about my ex-bestfriend concerns me.”

 

Kevin watched as Soojung seethed in anger. He too was feeling like he couldn’t control his temper anymore. So they were close before? But what happened? Why did they drift apart like this? The questions were running through his mind incessantly. Nonetheless, he knew he had to step in because they have a more important purpose than dealing with a psychotic ex-best friend.

 

“Excuse me,” the man interrupted in a very cool manner, stealing away both girls’ attention. “I’m sorry to cut this reunion but my partner and I still have to review.” Then he sent the Hye Ju girl a very seductive wink and smile. Kevin could swear he heard some girls squealing nearby.

 

Hye Ju’s jaw dropped at the sudden appearance of a perfect creation. “K-Kris W-Wu,” she stuttered.

 

Kevin chuckled. Of course, she knew him. An air of pride gushed through his system, and though he was normally humble, he couldn’t help but use this to his advantage. Aside from the fact that he particularly enjoys it deep within him when girls go speechless with his presence alone, he also aimed to get back to this rude girl from doing what she did to Soojung.

 

“Oh you know me,” he feigned ignorance and smiled ily once more. “I feel flattered and I really want to let you gape over my looks and but I and my queenka-“ he put emphasis on the word as his arm flew around Soojung’s shoulders “-really need to get over some things about Chemistry to win this quiz bee,” he said with so much confidence oozing from his voice.

 

Soojung was flustered at the sudden contact and attitude the guy was displaying; but she easily figured out what he was doing and felt grateful for it. To further put fuel in the fire, she smiled at the man, acknowledging what he had just said.

 

Hye Ju’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter