chapter 13

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Class has ended. Kystal walked along the corridor as she usually does. However, something felt a little different with every step she takes. With full curiosity, she stopped on her tracks and let her senses wander around, exploring the uncomfortable mystery around her. She let her eyes subliminally travel from faces to faces as she sharpened her ears to listen to what they were talking – or murmuring – about.

 

“Did you hear what happened yesterday?”

“Krystal and Kris were together at the library for detention?”

“Hyeonhee saw them laughing together while arranging the books!”

“The mortal enemies are friends now?! Is the world ending soon?”

“Do you think they’re together? I heard they kissed at the competition!”

“Is this some sort of a fanfic or what?”

“Ah, I’m jealous! I think they’d make a cute couple!”

 

The queenka cringed at the last three statements that she decided to not pay attention anymore. She knew it must have been a shock for the whole studentry to see her in good terms with the Kris Wu, but how can they easily link it to romance? She could never go to that point. Romance is never an option for her.

 

Her thoughts were broken at the ear piercing shrieks that resonated through the whole corridor. She turned around to see what the commotion was all about and was utterly surprised to realize that everything’s because the kingka had arrived…

 

…and was walking towards her.

 

“Soojung-ssi,” Kris approached her with a smile. The queenka could swear she heard giggles from the room across where they were standing. It was uncomfortable once again, but a part of her lit up when she heard her real name come from the man’s mouth.

 

“Kevin,” she answered – not backing down from the challenge.

 

The kingka smiled. Though he had expected Krystal to reply like that, he still found it amusing at how sweet his name sounded when she said it. It should have felt uneasy, but being a rational thinker, he focused on how he, anyway, takes pleasure with the liberty on calling her by her real name too – like there’s nothing wrong between them, like there’s no annoyance.

 

“Ready for the second day of detention?” He asked with a smirk, satiating the other students’ curiosity.

 

Soojung let her eyes roam around the people surrounding them uneasily, but knowing that she’s left with no choice (and not wanting to waste a possibly good budding acquaintance), she nodded. “Yeah, let’s go,” then she her heels to head to the library, maintaining distance.

 

Kevin didn’t notice the discomfort on the queenka’s face though, as he followed her silently.

 

******

For the second day, they were tasked to sort out the newspapers at the periodic section by dates so they were able to confine themselves at just one section, away from the prying eyes of other students. The periodic section, after all, is closed after school hours.

 

Soojung puffed a bored sigh she placed a stack of English newspapers in the table. Kevin noticed it and so he set aside what he was doing to face the girl.

 

“Is something bothering you?” He asked.

 

Normally, Soojung would just glare at anyone asking her that question; much more if it’s her supposedly archenemy, Kris. But that moment, she felt a bit of delight that someone was actually concerned about her – even if it’s the kingka. Using their real names really helps in alleviating, if not forgetting, the now non-existent annoyance she used to feel towards the man. How it happens, she bet both of them have no idea.

 

“Nothing,” she just shrugged. “I just don’t like the attention we’ve been getting lately. It’s quite uncomfortable when they stare at us, especially since I heard they were assuming we’re now a couple just because we are doing detentions together.”

 

Kevin nodded. Obviously, he had heard about some students’ assumption about them. To be honest, it amused him how people’s opinions escalate that fast. Mere detention mates turned into secret lovers? How hilarious was that? If they didn’t agree for a truce, he would have used that to annoy the queenka; but even he had long appreciated the absence of constant bickering. So he decided to not mind it anymore. He’s not the type to be affected by others’ opinions, anyway.

 

But apparently, the girl’s different – although that’s quite impossible to believe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter