chapter 47

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like how she had been doing for the past two nights since her arrival at Jeju Island, Krystal was once again staring at the pitch black sky. It’s weird how she was yet to find even a single star shining. She had always thought the island’s a good spot for stargazing. Apparently, the clouds decided to kill her joy and block her view of these sky diamonds.

 

“Are you even there?” She muttered, directing the question to the constellation Scorpio. She had been trying to find since Monday night.

 

“Just because you couldn’t see it means it’s not there anymore,” a calm voice suddenly spoke from behind.

 

The queenka quickly turned around to see who it was and was a little surprised when she saw Suho, the council president, walking to her with a blanket in his hands. “You should have brought this,” he said as he wrapped the wool fabric around her shoulders. “It’s cold, tonight.”

 

A small smile of gratitude spread across the girl’s lips as she turned back to the scenery before them. Suho asked if he could sit beside her and she agreed without hesitation. The boy kept his distance though, being his gentleman self.

 

“Where’s Amber?” He asked, striking a conversation.

 

The girl continued staring at the skies. “I think she’s asleep now,” she answered without looking at the guy.

 

“There seems to be something wrong,” he suddenly stated without the tone of guessing. He knew there was wrong, as he had been watching Krystal every night since they came to the island for the conference. “You can tell me, you know.”

 

Not a bit surprised, the queenka shrugged - uncertain if she should actually tell the guy beside her about her current relationship problems. She isn’t insensitive. She knew that when she speaks about her boyfriend, Suho will be hurt.

 

As if able to read her mind, the boy smiled and shook his head. “If this is about Kris, I can still listen,” he assured. “Although I have actually confessed to you before he came to your life, I do understand why you chose him over me. And it’s not like I haven’t moved on yet. I still like you, but I’m more of a friend now than a lover,” he admitted.

 

Krystal was thankful hearing those words, but she still felt uncertain about revealing her problems to her former suitor. However, something was urging her to be selfish, even for once.

 

And so she gave in.

 

“Yeah, it’s about him,” she helplessly mumbled.

 

Suho pursed his lips and faced the side Krystal was looking at. “What happened?”

 

Feeling more comfortable since the council president wasn’t staring at her anymore, the queenka decided to finally open up. She told him about the incident at KBS and the restaurant, with bits of her reasons why she’s feeling that way.

 

When she finished talking, silence followed. When Suho wouldn’t speak, the girl’s heart began thumping wildly inside her chest, afraid that he will tell her that she’s the one at fault. She had always been the one wrong in every relationship, official or not, that she had been to.

 

A few seconds of thinking after, the president evaded the silence. “Can I speak what’s on my mind?” He asked, still as gentle as ever.

 

Soojung hummed an approval and brazed herself for possible lectures.

 

However, the next words that escaped the boy’s mouth took her by surprise.

 

“Kris had been ing stupid,” he said rather calmly; yet it made the queenka cringe at his choice of word. For three years that she had known him, it was the first time she heard him curse.

 

Suho released a deep sigh of frustration. “Krystal, what you should understand is that insensitivity is not a common trait among men. Some can understand how girls actually feel because they pay attention, so Kris doesn’t have an excuse for treating you that way,” he stated.

 

Her heart warmed up despite the cold wind blowing. Instantly, a smile found its way to her lips and her mood bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter