chapter 14

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As agreed, Kevin and Soojung didn’t talk to each other. Even when they cross each other’s path on corridors, no one would say a word. They wouldn’t even look at each other. Kevin would just look straight ahead, pretending to pass by something invisible, and Soojung would do the same.

 

The two won’t admit to each other, but both feels awkward with the set up. It has just been like two days since they began talking casually but it’s like they had imbued something worth missing on each other already. Kevin knew that he really wanted to talk to Soojung outside the library and for the whole school to see; and the queenka… the queenka knew that she’s only doing this because of her trauma.

 

“Stupid Jung Soojung,” the girl knocked her knuckles on the side of her skull as she entered the library. They’re on their fifth day of detention and there’s still another week to attend to. She puffed as she deposited her things on the baggage counter and headed to the Science section where they have to sort out the books in alphabetical order. At least, she can act normal inside the library...

 

…no need to pretend that she wants to avoid the kingka.

 

When she arrived there, she found Kevin already working on the task. Her lips curved up into a graceful smile as she tried to take in the view. The man has his white polo tucked out, his striped tie loosen. The first two buttons of his dress shirt was ed, probably because there was only one air-conditioning unit working in the area. His eyes were fierce yet soft, and his forehead crinkled, probably annoyed with some books with blurred titles on its spine. His long fingers were brushing through the shelves like it’s some kind of precious gems – or maybe it’s just how graceful the man really is. His lips moved temptingly as he muttered in silence the words written in some books.

 

Soojung cringed at her thoughts. How could she check out the kingka? How could she check out anybody? She closed her eyes and massaged her temples as her heart started to beat irregularly. No, she told herself as she stared at the floor.

 

Kevin felt someone staring at him and tilted his head towards the direction. His heart skipped a beat as he saw the queenka standing just a few meters away from her. The way she stood with her balance concentrated on just one foot was just too cute, and the man just couldn’t understand how something simple like that could captivate his attention. Soon, his eyes wandered off to her toned legs and he had to gulp. Legs have always been his weaknesses, and this girl just got the most beautiful pair he had ever seen.

 

Afraid of getting caught, the kingka quickly removed his gaze from the queenka’s lower body and let his eyes travel upwards. The first thing he noticed was how she purses her lips, then her skin complexion, and then how alluring her perfectly sculpted nose is.

 

Kevin took a deep breath as he turned back in an instant. He couldn’t believe it. He’s checking out the queen; and that made him further think that he’s just so lucky to be the king.  

 

“Hey,” a familiar voice had taken him out of his reverie. As he spun himself around, his eyes widened at how close Soojung’s face was to his. Without thinking, the two took a step away from each other.

 

“I’m sorry,” the queenka muttered.

 

Kevin smiled, dismissing the tension. “It’s okay,” he said. “What is it?”

 

The girl shrugged. “I was just wondering which shelves have you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter