chapter 50

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kevin didn’t need a second to know who the owner of the voice is. As he heard her call his name, he immediately turned to look. “Soojung-ah,” he whispered her name in the same precious manner he always did as he got up immediately from his seat to run and hug her.

 

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled as his arms tightened around the girl’s shoulders. “I’m sorry,” he whispered again as he buried his face at the crook of her neck.

 

The girl’s heart clenched in guilt as it finally dawned on her how much the effect of the problem had been on her boyfriend. Through his embrace, she could totally feel the intense fear within Kevin and her heart, though in pain, couldn’t help but swell in happiness, knowing that he values her that much.

 

Soojung’s arms found their own ways around the man’s waist and she returned the hug. For minutes, they stayed silent in each other’s arms, until she decided to pull away.

 

She had made a decision. If she wants the best for the both of them, she should go by it at all cost.

 

***

(PLEASE PLAY THIS: CRACKS OF A BROKEN HEART - ERIC BENETT)

 

The two sat at the center of the planetarium, holding hands. They were enjoying the faux stars above but the two of them both know that there are far more important matters to press on that moment.

 

Slowly, Soojung pulled her hand away, much to Kevin’s surprise. “Thank you,” she muttered all of a sudden.

 

His eyebrows shot up in confusion. “For what?”

 

“For proving me that you really didn’t cheat on me,” she confessed. “Thank you because you’ve proven me wrong even without words since I can really feel your sincerity towards this relationship.”

 

“Why do I hear a ‘but’ coming?” Kevin mindlessly commented.

 

Soojung smiled sadly and nodded. “But, I have to say sorry too.”

 

His heartbeat accelerated. He had heard enough stories and watched too many dramas to know where the conversation’s heading. He wanted her to stop, but no words would come out of his mouth.

 

“When we were at Jeju Island, I got to talk to Suho –“ Kevin felt his jaw tightening at the sound of the name. “—and I told him about us. And you know what he told me?” She looked at the man beside her.

 

Kevin shook his head no.

 

Soojung pouted. “He told me that you’re stupid but you’re sincere about me,” she stated and a he felt warmth spread on his insides.

 

“But you know what more he said?” The girl asked no one in particular. “He said I was at fault too for looking at you the way I saw Yonghwa. He told me to stop comparing my relationship with you with the one I shared with my past because you’re different,” she uttered. “Luhan made a good job emphasizing those things too this morning before I came to you.”

 

The kingka couldn’t believe it. All the while he thought that Suho’s up to something that could ruin their relationship, but such wasn’t the case. If any, he even helped repairing it. He made a mental note to thank the council president, and ask his bestfriend what he said.

 

He gulped as he saw Soojung staring intently at him. “I’m really sorry, Soojung-ah, I never really thought Gaeul would pull of something like that. I love you and I will never do anything to hurt you—“

 

“I know,” the girl cut him off. “All this time, it has been me who’s hurting myself and you,” she stated rather sadly.

 

“W-What do you mean?” The kingka found himself stuttering, afraid of what his girlfriend’s trying to point out through the talk.

 

Soojung dropped her gaze to her lap, her fingers clasped tightly together. “I need to find myself,” she muttered.

 

Instantly, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter