EPILOGUE

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! We’re getting late!” Amber shouted as she rushed into the gymnasium of Gyeonggi Science High School. It was such a funny scene from behind because she was trying to tie unfold her socks to cover her legs as she half-walked, half-run to the venue.

 

Krystal chuckled at how her cousin looks like. She was in a complete rush when the ceremony hasn’t even started yet. It was a funny thing how she turned into a total child, anticipating the event.

 

But who wouldn’t? It’s their graduation, and finally, high school has come to its end.

 

Seeing that the older girl decided not to bother waiting for her anymore, she decided to indulge in the luxury of letting her eyes wander around her. The building which is now swarmed with green vines; the garden where colorful flowers are finally starting to bloom; and the pathways which is now displaying the beautiful hues of red and orange as the white layers of snow finally disappeared – Krystal will definitely miss all of these. In her three years at Gyeonggi Science High School, these places had been her most favorite places, her sanctuaries she shared with her favorite people.

 

Her favorite people…

 

Being the queenka of the school, she had this unspoken obligation to be acquainted with everyone. However, only a few had managed to thwart her defenses and actually make friends with him. Aside from Amber, there’s Luhan, Suho, Minseok and Chanyeol. Minseok remained as a friend who kept in contact despite him transferring to other school. And Chanyeol, well, she has no idea where the hell that giant is but she’s pretty certain he’s doing fine… hopefully.

 

Krystal heaved a deep sigh as she continuously stared around her surroundings. Three years had flown so fast past her that she didn’t even notice it concluding. It had been so eventful that she didn’t realize that it could also end. Nostalgia had undeniably kicked in even before she officially leaves the school. If only she could freeze time and just stay in high school forever, she would.

 

But life requires people to grow. And no matter how much she dislikes the idea, she has no choice but to comply. She couldn’t be a child forever. She needs to mature and move forward, because that’s one purpose of living.

 

She had always dreaded adulthood, but somehow, it has its perks too. And Krystal knew that she’s ready to take on it anytime. She is confident that she’ll easily make it through, as long as she has her friends and family…

 

Suddenly, a familiar face popped up on her mind. And automatically, she smiled. She couldn’t really believe how fate played with them, how destiny decided. It was painful, but eventually it turned okay. And she was thankful…

 

In fact, she’s very grateful for how things turned out to be.

 

***

 

The familiar march played on the background as students lined up across the aisle to walk down to their seats. With smiles on their faces, they waved at their parents and friends on the sides. They giggle, they laugh, some even cried. It was the end of high school, and the next step would be a huge one as it means facing the real world already. Some think they’re ready. Some admits they aren’t yet.

 

After almost thirty minutes, the graduates were seated on their respective seats, all anticipating the ceremonies. The school doesn’t hold long events, but graduations have always been exceptions. Aside from the fact that administrations tend to distribute a lot of awards, a speech is delivered by a class representative.

 

Soojung fidgeted in her seat as the MC, who happens to be their English teacher in second year, delivered her introductory speech for the class representative. Her eyes began scanning around the place as her ears refused to listen to the words of the woman on stage. It’s not that she doesn’t care. It’s just that she hasn’t seen him yet.

 

Suddenly, noise broke through her reverie as the crowd gave a round of applause to whoever is called. Her gaze then followed towards the direction which almost everyone was looking to, and hung open at the sight of a familiar boy rushing from the gym entrance. He was catching his breath, like he had run some length of a marathon.

 

The girl couldn’t help but chuckle as the boy walked dignifiedly (or at least he was trying to be) to the stage.

 

“Where the hell did he come from?” She muttered to herself in her signature annoyed face.

 

***

 

Trying to catch up on his breathing, Kris limped walked up to the stage and bowed to the school officials. His hair was a mess and sweat trickled down the sides of his face, but he was still a sight to see. He’s Kris Wu Yi Fan, after all. He wasn’t the school kingka for three years for nothing.

 

When he got to the podium, he used the wood for support as he shamelessly heaved one last deep pant. “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Kris Wu of Class 3-A. Obviously, I was late and I didn’t mean to, professors,” he joked as he turned to the teachers who were chuckling at his introduction on their seats. The crowd also found it funny, somehow.

 

After a few more jokes, Kris fell silent. Then, he let out a smile and faced his classmates like the kingka that he is. Without saying anything, he let his gaze wander among the graduating students, making sure that he gets to see all the faces in front of him. And with one deep breath, he began his speech.

 

“I find it funny how time flies fast. One moment, we’re feeling anxious as we first step into the grounds of Gyeonggi Science High School. Wearing the school uniform and being tagged as its student, believe me when I say that the pressure was different. This institution had been known to the whole country as the school for the gifted. That’s why there’s not many of us in here, because, do the math, not everyone is gifted,” he stated jokingly and the audience began chuckling once more.

 

Kris his lips as he held onto the podium. “However, that doesn’t mean that we’re above everyone else. Like the students of any other schools in the world, we’re just typical people who come to this place to learn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter