chapter 28

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days followed and it turned into weeks. Kevin and Soojung grew closer to each other. Together with Luhan and Amber, they would spend their breaktimes at the cafeteria, school garden, at the soccer field to watch Luhan practice, or at the basketball court to see the kingka in his game. But most often, they would be at the library, browsing through titles of random constellation books because surprisingly it’s a common interest among all four of them. Sometimes, Harry Potter would be the subject.

 

It was a huge change to adapt to for the whole studentry. Even the teachers found themselves trying to adjust to the sudden closeness of the two most in-demand students of Gyeonggi Science High School. But no matter how surprising it was to see them become friends, everyone knew it was a good thing, the best thing even.

 

The reconciliation of Kevin Wu and Jung Soojung was like the starting point of the school’s rise to betterness. It’s safe to say that everyone got inspired with what happened. It takes great courage to bring down pride and make friends with rivals and enemies. And the two did that – something which made the others look up to them more.

 

Luhan and Amber were pleased to see everyone easing up. Though they both have their other ideas about the two’s relationship, they just keep it to themselves as they believe fate will definitely act on its own accord.

 

Of course, other students thought the same but like the two, they chose not to react. After all, they knew that the personal lives of the king and queen of their school are beyond their concerns… although there are still some who cannot help but express their opinions about the possibilities.

 

Kevin and Soojung knew about everything, of course. They weren’t too dense to not notice the questioning, admiring and judging stares from their fellow students. But they individually decided not to pay attention. Instead, they just want to be very casual about it – let things happen without pushing it. Both say it’s for the school, and so they can enjoy each other’s companies anyway.

 

But little does the other know that the two of them were also wondering about the what-ifs of romance. Kevin is convinced that he likes her. Soojung has fully admitted to herself that she likes him.

 

It’s just that something’s holding them back respectively.

 

 

 

 

Kevin’s too careful. Soojung’s too afraid.

 

 

 

 

Only time could really tell when and where their hearts would meet.

 

***

 

Classes ended and Soojung was walking across the school grounds to the gate. Amber decided to stay behind for some reasons with Luhan at the field. For a moment, the younger girl thought something fishy’s going on with the two but easily discarded it when she saw their other batchmates with them at the library.

 

She huffed. She had been used to walking home with her cousin. But it’s not like she can’t go home alone, so she just decided to enjoy the solitude.

 

But as soon as she stepped out of the school gates, she noticed a tall frame leaning on the nearby tree. As usual, her heart skipped a beat as she easily recognized who it was. A smile played across her lips and it turned bigger when the guy turned to look at her, seemingly happy and relieved with her presence.

 

“Kevin,” she acknowledged as she trudged towards the male student. “What are you still doing here?”

 

The man stood up straight and inserted both his hands in his pockets. The cold of the imminent winter has been seething through the pores of his skin. “I was waiting for you,” he replied casually, trying not to sound chilled or anything.

 

If it’s even possible, Soojung’s heart beat went faster. Sure, she had been with Kevin several times alone but this is the first time that nothing school-related brought them together. It was purely intentional, or at least that’s what Soojung chose to believe.

 

Yet she wanted to be sure why this man waited for her in the freezing cold.

 

“Do you need anything?” She carefully asked, afraid that she would come off rude.

 

Kevin his lips as he brushed his shoulders shrugged. “I-I just…” He stuttered nervously as he stared at the tips of his new leather shoes.

 

Soojung looked at him questioningly, and Kevin cringed at the icy look on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter