chapter 10

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really want to die now,” Krystal whined as Amber dragged her to the library where she will spend two extra hours after classes for two weeks with Kris Wu, her self-proclaimed mortal enemy. This detention was really her death.

 

Amber playfully smacked her cousin’s to the latter’s surprise. “YA! I’M STILL THE QUEENKA OF THIS SCHOOL!” Krystal bellowed as her head looked around to see if there are other students there. Fortunately, the lobby was deserted. Classes were over, after all.

 

“AND I AM STILL OLDER THAN YOU,” Amber wisely retorted. “Besides, as if you can do anything to me.” Then she pushed Krystal lightly to enter the detention venue. She tripped but easily regained her balance before her face got to meet the carpeted floor.

 

Krystal instantly glared at her cousin. “I’ll kill you,” she mouthed. But Amber just brushed it off with a smirk. The ice princess has nothing against the llama. “Your king’s waiting. Go now before he disappears,” the older one cooed and disappeared.

 

The queenka heaved a deep sigh. “Fighting,” she muttered under her breath as she went to the librarian – who like all others in typical stories – looked like asking a question would cost ou your life. She seemed younger though, like she’s just 23 or 24.

 

“Annyeong haseyo,” Krystal greeted in a rather stiff voice to hide her new-found nervousness. “I was sent here for detention with Mr. Wu,” she said.

 

The librarian looked at the young girl from head to toe like she’s sizing her up. This caused Krystal to feel annoyed. She definitely hates it when people look at her like that without any reason. She must be another Kris fangirl, she thought bitterly to herself. I’m sure I wouldn’t like her a bit.

 

After a few more seconds of scrutiny, the librarian got a piece of paper from her drawer and handed it to the girl. “Here are your tasks for the next two weeks. The library regulations are written there so better keep it in your mind or your detention will double. We are observing strict compliance on the rules, and we are very particular with the NO FLIRTING directive,” she said in gritted teeth, putting so much emphasis on the last three words.

 

Krystal mentally rolled her eyes at the viciousness of the librarian. Her eyebrow was twitching as her temple throbbed. She was this close – to retorting sarcastically, but she was glad that she got to control herself. She snatched the paper from the older woman then and her heels without even saying thanks.

 

No, Krystal isn’t an insolent lady. It’s just that to her, respect isn’t given just because one has a position in the school. The person should earn it, and obviously, the librarian didn’t. I need to go to the washroom first, she told herself as she stepped out of the library. 

 

***

“Are you just going to sit there and stare at me like a lost puppy?” Kris asked Luhan as he dumped a pile of books in front of his friend. He was sorting out the books in the English section according to categories.

 

Luhan beamed at his best friend like an idiot. “Well, it’s fun seeing someone as almighty as you do this kind of work,” he admitted as he scanned the title of the book on top of the stack. “’The King of Alpacas’,” he read one and sniggered as he took a teasing look at his friend.

 

Kris crossed his arms in front of his chest. His eyes wandered around the library where there were quite a number of gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter