chapter 46

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dark circles surrounded his eyes as if he got punched numerous times. He was moving sluggishly with his back unusually hunched. Though he still looked as dashing as ever; it is easy to say that Kris was not okay as he entered the school gates that morning. He looked unquestionably tired and frustrated and grumpy. Even the female students who had made it a habit of theirs to squeal their hearts out whenever the kingka passes by were taken aback.

 

The day began unpleasantly that’s why. Since his girlfriend still won’t pick up the calls, he decided to head to her house to try his luck. But unfortunately, no one was there again. As he noticed the time, he realized that perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Jung had gone to work already. But where is Soojung then?

 

He didn’t want to consider it but he was certainly getting worried already. Even Amber won’t answer his calls or messages so he was clueless as . That morning, he even tried to contact the two through other phone numbers, but to no avail. They really won’t answer.

 

As soon as he stepped into the building, he immediately directed himself to Soojung and Amber’s classrooms. He wasn’t expecting that they’re there but it still upset him when he learned that they weren’t present indeed. In the end, he just decided to head to his own classroom since classes are starting in a few minutes.

 

***

 

“What happened to you?” Sehun, a classmate quite close to Luhan asked as the glum-looking boy sat on his seat. “You look hideouth,” he added.

 

Kris threw the other boy a menacing stare, silently telling him to off. He wasn’t in the mood to explain, nor even just talk to anyone except one particular person who seems to be so keen in avoiding him at all cost.

 

One night and I’m already called ‘hideous’, he thought to himself as he leaned on the backrest of his chair. For once, he didn’t look like the upright student that he had always been. With the first two buttons of his shirt opened, his tie nowhere to be found, he gives the impression of a problem student.

 

Sehun seemed to have understood that it was a wrong move when he asked so he just quietly stepped away, a little afraid of the kingka’s wrath. Kris was thankful for this. He wanted silence even within the parameters of his seat. He wanted to be alone to think.

 

Where the hell is his girlfriend? Why can’t she be reached? Will it be okay to talk to Amber again? Will she be willing to help him this time?

 

Questions were drowning him that he ended up not paying attention to the lessons of the morning classes. Though surprised themselves, the teachers seemed to have met beforehand and decided to pretend that they don’t notice the difference on probably the best student in their class. He’s still an ordinary kid, after all, vulnerable to problems.

 

For once, Kris was grateful of his reputation as it gave him the chance to just think about what he should think about.

 

***

 

Time dragged and eventually, lunch break came. Kris was especially looking forward to it, thinking that maybe, he’ll get to see Soojung there. As he entered through the double doors, most of the students curiously looked at him as if he’s growing another head at his back.

 

He walked to the center of the cafeteria and stood there with his hands on his pockets. He looked around and cleared his throat all of a su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter