chapter 4

Scorpio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I am guessing all of you know why you’re here. For formality though, I am informing you that all 12 of you were chosen to represent Gyeonggi Science High School in the upcoming district competition. You were picked based on your academic and physical capabilities and everybody – teachers and students – hope that you will all work together as a team. For the glory of this institution,” the principal announced on a meeting called to gather the 12 chosen students.

 

The students clapped stiffly. With a smile, the school official then continued. “The team shall be led by two students, and as recommended by the professors, I am assigning Mr. Kris Wu and Ms. Krystal Jung for the said positions.”

 

“WHAT?!” The two mentioned stood up and reacted violently at the same time. “Excuse me sir, but I’m not working with that person,” Krystal insisted as she pointed a finger on Kris, who was glaring at her.

 

The kingka angrily slammed his hands on the table in front of him. “If you’re pairing me up with that witch, I’m quitting,” he stated and turned to leave.

 

However, he stopped on his tracks as the principal’s voice echoed through the conference hall. “I’ve expected better from the both of you,” he said. There was a hint of undeniable disappointment in his voice. “I didn’t know that both of you are that unprofessional,” he added as his gaze shifted from Kris to Krystal and back.

 

Kris looked around and saw the disappointed and worried faces of the other members of the team; and then his gaze landed on the uncomfortable Krystal who was glowering intently at the principal. However, the man noticed that surrender was starting to show hints on her face.

 

Krystal’s eyebrow twitched as Kris pursed his lips together – both thinking of what to do next. After a few seconds and what seemed like a short mental conversation (without looking at each other and how some delusional people would have believed,) the two hesitantly heeded to the principal’s decision. The kingka went back to his seat and the queenka straightened herself up.

 

The principal gave a satisfied smile. “I’ll take that as a yes from the two of you,” and then he continued giving the team the details for the competition.

 

***

The meeting was adjourned and everyone were murmuring excitedly about the various activities discussed by the principal. There weren’t any clear details about the competition but the general idea of it was enough to make the representatives very thrilled. Furthermore, who wouldn’t? If they get to win, they would be exempted from all the final examinations. Wonderful.

Everyone was indeed excited as they got out of the conference room… ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter