Comforting and Promising

Why what happens.

Your p.o.v

“Should I listen to him?” I mumbled at the dining table as everyone was sitting down and staring at me before eating.

They didn’t want to eat because I wasn’t eating.

“Eun Hye-ah… It’s been 4 days already…” Key held my hand.

“You should know that… Jong Hyun is also affected by this so… it might not be his fault and he might be telling the truth,” Min Ho spoke gently.

It’s true. Min Ho doesn’t lie unless he wants to.

“Eun Hye… I know you’re sad but you can’t let that affect your health, please eat up,” Onew spoke gently.

“Let me feed you, here comes the plane~” Taemin smiled and sang as he tried feeding me rice.

I opened my mouth slowly as Taemin fed me. Then, the front door opened and Jong Hyun walked in. I froze and got up from my seat and walked into the room. Jong Hyun stared at me. I walked away into the room quietly as I shut the door behind me.

--

“Eun Hye… will you open the door, please?” I heard Jong Hyun’s voice.

I sighed and finally opened the door. Jong Hyun stumbled in and landed on my shoulder, hugging me so tightly.

“Eun Hye… please trust me… it’s not my fault…” Jong Hyun sobbed into my shoulder.

I cried as well. I wanted to believe him but a part of me told me I shouldn’t give in. Should I at least let him explain?

“Tell me... what happened?” I said.

“She wanted me to send her home and since she is a woman and her manager couldn’t make it in time to send her home, I thought it’ll be nice if I sent her home,” he mumbled.

“I’m not getting the point,” I looked away.

“She made me do things on purpose so those kind of pictures could be taken! She kept saying ‘I’m cold, hug me please,’ and cause she didn’t look as though she was going to plan something, I placed my jacket over her and kept her warm as a friend should,” he muttered.

“Hmm,” I shook my head to show that I still never got his point.

“Then, the SM CEO called me and…” Jong Hyun started to sob again.

He told me everything about how Se Kyung looked as though she planned all of these. Jong Hyun looked so devastated. I should’ve understood. Still, I felt betrayed. I sighed and hugged Jong Hyun.

“Please…. don’t leave me,” Jong Hyun whispered into my ear.

“Don’t leave me,” I whispered back and hugged him so tight.

“I don’t like that they’re forcing me to be with her,” Jong Hyun whispered.

“I don’t like the fact that she’s going to be with you a lot now,” I sobbed.

“I promised you that I won’t ever cheat on you, I’ll never break that promise,” Jong Hyun kissed your forehead.

“Thank you, Jong Hyun. I’m sorry I misjudged you. I’m so scared you’ll hurt me again,” I mumbled.

“I’ll never hurt you, ever,” Jong Hyun kissed my nose and hugged me.

--

Min Ho p.ov

“I’ll never hurt you, ever,” I heard Jong Hyun say those words to Eun Hye so sincerely.

I nodded my head and sighed. Maybe Jong Hyun hyung has really changed. I tossed my phone onto my bed and placed my hands behind my head as I looked up at the ceiling.

“Eun Hye… I hope you’re happy because I think I can let you go now,” I sighed as I mumbled to myself.

I remembered those times I used to chase Eun Hye and those times I protected her from the boys on the playground. I sighed again. Then, my phone vibrated.

“Yoboseyo?” I picked it up.

“Min Ho-ssi… are you free next week?” I heard Krystal voice on the phone nervously.

I chuckled and rubbed my neck. She just wouldn’t stop. She’s just like me.

“Yeah, I’m free,” I chuckled.

“Oh, ermm… do you… mind…. If… do you… uh….,” Krystal stuttered on the phone.

“I’ll meet you tomorrow at Namsan Tower at 7 alright?” I smiled.

“Oh… Deh… annyong, Min Ho-ssi,” she hung up the phone.

--

Onew’s p.o.v

“I’ll never hurt you, ever,” I eavesdropped on Jong Hyun speaking to Eun Hye.

I sighed and banged my head once against the wall. Then, Taemin came to me and hugged me.

“Is this when we stop trying to get her?” Taemin mumbled.

“I think so too, Tae,” I pat his back.

I feel so bad for Taemin, his first love and he has to give up like this. I smiled at ruffled his hair as he took out his phone and began searching through his contacts.

I peeped through the door again to see Eun Hye smiling at hugging Jong Hyun. The first time I saw her, I thought that it was my job to protect her. My job to make her happy. I became her best friend and helped her to overcome everything until I confessed my feelings for her. A few months ago, I was convinced that I cannot love Eun Hye as a lover but only as someone I care for; someone I treat like a sister. However, it changed when Min Ho and Jong Hyun fought over her. I started to love her and show her my love which she didn’t want to accept due to Jong Hyun. I was sad but I didn’t want to give up on her so I pursued on.

Now, with the words Jong Hyun said and the way I saw him fight for her love and trust. I can proudly say that Eun Hye is in safe hands.

Eun Hye-ah… I’m going to let go of you as a lover but I’ll always love you as a brother and a best friend.

I sighed and turned to Taemin who sighed.

Taemin p.o.v

“I think so Tae,” Onew hyung spoke slowly.

I nodded my head and took out my phone to search for someone’s number; ANYONE’S NUMBER so I can distract myself from crying. Finally, I stopped and sighed.

Eun Hye-ah, you’re my first love and I know that I will have to let you go now so I can let you be happy with Jong Hyun hyung but I’ll never stop loving you as a best friend and as a brother. I wish you the best… I sighed and pouted.

Then, my phone rang. Caller ID: Sulli.

Key p.o.v

I walked out of the kitchen into the room of miserable people.

WHAT IN THE WORLD DID MY SISTER DO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE?

--

NEXT DAY

I woke up and found myself the last one to be awake. Today’s the day we’re supposed to be free from the lucifer promotion only for a day. Then, I grumbled and found Jong Hyun missing from his bed unlike the others who were still doing something else.

I walked to Eun Hye’s room and knocked hard.

 “Yah, Jong Hyun! Eun Hye! YOU GUYS SLEPT TOGETHER?! You know I hate it when you guys continue being stuck in the room, right? ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE’S NO ONE IN THERE EXCEPT THE BOTH OF YOU!” I yelled.

“We’re not doing anything wrong!” Eun Hye yelled back.

“Yeah, go away!” Jong Hyun yelled.

“Fine, BUT DON’T COME WAILING TO ME WHEN YOU GET PREGNANT NEXT WEEK OR SOMETHING!” I threathened them.

Then, I heard Jong Hyun chuckling.

--

“Taeminnie!” I skipped over to his bed and lay next to him.

“Yes umma?” he chuckled.

He was busy texting and smiling. I thought he was crying a few minutes ago? I shook my head.

“Who are you texting?” I asked.

“Sul- none of your business!” he flustered and covered his face with a pillow.

“YAH! You’re over Eun Hye and you’re going back to Sulli so fast!?” I pulled his ear.

Taemin struggled and kicked me to let go. Then, he pouted and tackled me down as he ran out of the room with his phone. I rolled my eyes. Then, I eyed Onew who was in one corner sleeping while leaning against the wall, STANDING.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” I asked in a what-the-heck tone.

“Oh? Oh- it’s you. I’m waiting for a call,” he spoke.

“From?” I rolled my eyes.

“Luna,” he spoke.

“Why?” I asked again.

“Because I texted her a long and meaningful text message explaining how I gave up to chase Eun Hye,” he sighed and closed his eyes again as he leaned against the wall.

“Why are you standing?” I asked.

“I’ll restless lying down,” he muttered.

“Can I see the message?” I asked.

“No,” he said with his EYES CLOSED.

Quietly, I reached out for the phone and unlocked it. Then, I shot Onew a what-in-the-world look. The ‘long’ message was NOT sent.

Luna. I have given up on chasing Eun Hye because I believe she is being taken care of well enough by Jong Hyun. Would you like to have lunch with me at a chicken restaurant? Please call me within 5 minutes or I’ll eat chicken myself.

Onew

“Hyung, how long have you been waiting for her call?” I asked.

“4 minutes and… 11 seconds,” he counted.

“So… if she doesn’t call you in… uh… 40 seconds now, you’ll eat chicken by yourself?” I asked him in a what-the-hell tone.


“Yeah.. HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?” he flung opened his eyelids and saw me holding his phone.

“You didn’t send the text message,” I burst out laughing.

Onew rubbed his neck and grabbed the phone from me, but I snatched it back.

“Yah, come on! This is not how you ask someone to come back to you,” I laughed.

“How do I?” Onew mumbled.

“By a song?” I suggested.

Onew rolled his eyes.

“You mean… like… ‘hello hello’ can I talk to you for a moment?” he joked.

“Not bad actually,” I smirked.

Onew widened his eyes.

“Let’s start writing,” Onew spoke.

“Let’s make it more special and ask Jong Hyun to write with us too. Min Ho and Taem too,” I spoke.

Onew nodded.

 

COMMENT PLEASEEE! :B Just to let you know, I'm going to reach the end pretty soon~ HAHA! But not so fast so yeah :)