Krystal~

Why what happens.

EDITED; 2/5/2011 - I saw many many grammatical errors and couldn't bear seeing them so I had to change! :D

Jong Hyun p.o.v

I guess Min Ho’s making his first move. I kept stealing glances at her. Why does she have to be so… down-to-earth? I sighed as I hugged my knees and listened to their lively conversation. I watched Eun Hye as she laughed and joked with the rest. She has gotten much slimmer and her hair is longer now. She’s not using those geeky spectacles that she used to wear. She has gotten more beautiful over the years. Then, her eyes met mine. I looked away quickly, pretending to rub my neck.

“Jong Hyun, what happened so far in your life?” she asked eagerly.

“Oh? I’ve been writing songs,” I said.

“Well, we all have,” Min Ho continued.

“Oh, really?” she gasped.

“Hm, I wrote ‘Juiliette’ and ‘Jojo’,” I nodded my head.

“Hm, I helped out in ‘Ring Ding Dong’,” Min Ho folded his arms.

“I helped out in ‘Stand by me’,”Onew mumbled.

“You know what song I helped out in,” Taemin said, smiling cutely at me.

“What about you?” she asked Key.

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU THAT I DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TIME TO WRITE SONGS!” Key fumed.

“Okay! Sorry,” she looked down.

“Anyways, they wrote it for a reason,” Key rolled his eyes.

“Really? I wonder what it is,” she smiled.

She looked at her wristwatch and gasped. I looked at the time – it’s already 5! We’ve been talking straight for 3 hours. She quickly stood up.

“We’ve been talking for 3 hours, Sulli must be worried. I’ll leave now,” she smiled.

“WAIT! You have to tell your worried brother where you stay,” Key grabbed my leg.

“Yahhh, let go!” she yelled.

“No! Tell us,” Onew grabbed my other leg.

“Yah, I’m going to fall,” she pouted.

“Tell us!” Taemin grabbed my hand.

“I’m staying at a hotel!” she spoke..

“Which?” I spoke after a longgg time.

“Uhhh. Tukki tukki hotel,” What kind of weird hotel is that?

“Oh? Is that an african hotel or something?” Min Ho rubbed his neck.

“Oh! Yeah, it’s new. And cheap!” she flustered and ran

Before she could walk away, Min Ho called her name. She turned around.

“Remember tonight at 8! The basketball court!” Min Ho smiled.

“Araso,” she nodded, leaving the room.

--

7.00pm @ F(x) apartment

“Yah, where are you going?” Krystal folded her arms and narrowed her eyes at me.

“Hmm, going out?” I said.

“Well duh, with who?” she asked again.

I can’t tell her I’m going with Min Ho. She’ll probably kill me. Oh! Or maybe I’ll push her to Min Ho? Since… I don’t really have feelings for Min Ho, will he be angry at me? I never really had a chance to job hunt and shop around town… Maybe, I shall match-make Min Ho and Krystal and make my leave to shop around town.

“Yah, are you done smirking to yourself?” Krystal scoffed at me.

“Oh. Sorry,” I apologised.

“So, who are you going out with?” she asked again.

“Min Ho. Want to follow?” I threw the bait.

“What? Seriously. What?” she’s being lured by the bait.

“Yeah, going out with Min Ho. Thought you want to see Min Ho so much, so why not follow?” I let her scent the bait.

“Oh! Sure, let me get ready,” SHE CAUGHT THE BAIT!

“Great,” I grinned as I exited the room with my wallet full of cash, ready to be spent later.

At the basketball court ( your p.o.v )

I walked there with Krystal. We were 20 minutes early. So, we decided to sit at the steps of the court to wait around. She kept suspecting and asking me questions. Soon, my top exploded.

“YAH! Can you shut up?!” I yelled.

“Oh, sorry. It’s just that…” she trailed on.

“What is it?” I asked.

That was when she told me the whole story about her childhood crush on Min Ho ever since… forever. She also told me about the time when Min Ho beat up those mean guys on the playground and how I broke Min Ho’s heart when I was with Jong Hyun. With that, I exhaled a deep breath and wiped my sweat off my forehead. Now, that’s a lot to take in.

Then, a brilliant idea popped into my head! Ah! It runs in the family, that’s why Ki Bum and I are so alike. I grinned mischievously at Krystal making her stare at me strangely.

“Okay, I’m guilty,” I raised both my hands.

“What is it?” she asked curiously

“Okay, so I wasn’t originally planning to go out with Min Ho cause I was kind of not interested in him. I’m not being a but I know he’s interested in me and I appreciate that but I had enough of love ever since my last boyfriend. So, I couldn’t ditch him because we’ve not seen each other for a year or so. But since you asked me where I was going and I knew you liked him so I originally planned to ditch you and him and make my move to town to go shopping,” I smiled nervously.

“Boy, now I can totally believe you’re Key’s biological sister,” Krystal rolled her eyes at me.

“So, you in?” I waggled my brows.

“Consider it done,” she smiled.

Soon after, Min Ho came smiling. He saw me and waved. I waved back. Like we planned, Krystal was going to come out of hiding when I give her a signal. Min Ho came running to me. He smelled of Jong Hyun’s perfume. I smiled when he gave me a tight hugged. Damn, I felt guilty. So, here goes the plan.

“Min Ho-ah, you don’t mind if I invite a friend, right?” I asked.

“What? Uh, I guess not,” he did mind but he was a gentleman and everyone knows that so I trust he won’t leave her alone.

“She’ll be coming in a sec,” I took out my phone and started to check for messages – THAT’S THE SIGNAL!

Then, as rehearsed, Krystal ran out from the path behind the steps panting. She smiled and ran to me.

“Oh! Sorry for being late,” she bowed.

I saw Min Ho’s eyes widened. Oh right, Krystal did tell me that Min Ho always tried to avoid. I felt bad though, but I know Min Ho wouldn’t abandon her. Then, as planned, I activated my fake call as placed the ID as – MOTHER.

“Sorry, guys I have to pick this up,” I excused myself.

“Ah, sure,” Min Ho said.

Here comes the random conversation:

“Umma,”

“Oh? Chinca? Right now?”

“But I’m a long way away from there,” I went on again, putting my fake worried accent I learnt oh so well from my brother.

“Umma, stay put! I’ll be there and help you sort out the mess,” I finished the conversation.

With that, I ended the call and turned around to Min Ho and Krystal. I bowed politely to them.

“I’m soooooo sorry Min Ho, but here are the tickets to an basketball match I wanted us 3 to watch earlier,” I gave them two tickets.

“Eun Hye-ah, need you really go?” Min Ho was irritated.

“My umma needs help,” I pouted.

“What about Krystal?” Min Ho gestured.

“She really looked forward to the basketball match, so I hope you can accompany her since you like basketball too,” I pouted more to plead with him, I knew he couldn’t resist.

“Ah, fine. I’ll call you later,” he walked away with Krystal.

Krystal turned around and winked at me. I winked at her back before flagging a cab to town. I guess the air between me and her has cleared? Knowing her personality, I think not. I guess the only way now is to wait and see what happens.