Something Unexpected

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Sohyun POV

He locked the door and sat at his desk.

“Just stand there for a while.” He commanded.

“Why’d you tell me to come back?” I questioned him.

“Jin-Sang was being so annoying, so stay.” Wow.

“Tch. Don’t you have any consideration for the other person?”

He didn’t say anything, so I tried opening the door.

“What are you doing?!” He got up grabbing my hand, leading me away from the door, “Just sit here.” He went back to work.

They’re both annoying. I sat down in a corner of the room. This is so sad…

 

Youngmin POV

Finally, all of today’s work is done. I looked up; Sohyun was crouched down in the corner. I went over.

“Sohyun-shi?” She was asleep. I left her there, opening the door. Jin-Sang was playing with the kid.

“So, what did you two do~?” he asked me.

“What time is it?” I asked from the doorway.

“It’s past midnight.” She’s been here for that long?! I went back to her, picking her up in my arms. This idiot, she should have said something. Jin-Sang stared ecstatically as I carried her to my room. I put her down on the bed. I was about to go when her hand grabbed my shirt.

“Are you awake?” I asked, a bit dully. She was still asleep. I tried pulling her hand away, but she wouldn’t let go. I saw a tear drop down her cheek. I sat down. Maybe she was having a nightmare. More tears flowed down. I wonder what she’s thinking about. I used my thumb to wipe one of her tears. She suddenly shrieked, jumping up, smashing into my head.

“Oww!” Did I do something that bad?! She rubbed her head. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“What are you talking about?” She got up.

“You looked like you were having a nightmare.”

 

Sohyun POV

“I suppose you can say that. What time is it?”

“Past midnight.”

“What?! I should go.” Jin-Sang came into the doorway.

“It’s already so late; it would be dangerous to go home at this time. You should just stay.” He insisted.

“But…” I feel so uncomfortable with Youngmin and even more with Jin-Sang.

“You can sleep with Youngmin!” he said.

“What?!” Youngmin and I both yelled.

“You two ARE married. Goodnight~” He closed the door, leaving us there.

“I can just sleep on the floor,” I put the word out there.

“Suit yourself,” He lay on the bed. Hmph. He should at least offer to sleep on the floor. Whatever. I went to sleep on the other side of the room. It was cold, but I’d rather be here than awkwardly next to Youngmin.

 

Youngmin POV

She should just say she wants to sleep on the bed. I can see her shivering. I checked my phone, it was 4am… I can’t fall asleep.Is it because she looks so cold over there? I walked over to her, touching her skin. She was freezing. I picked her up, putting her on the bed. I’m sure she would freeze to death if I didn’t. I tried to go to sleep on the floor, but I still couldn’t fall asleep. I went back to the bed, sitting on the edge.

She looks warm now. I touched her hair, it was so silky… There was a small knock on the door.

“Youngmin, I know you aren’t asleep open the door,” Jin-Sang whispered. I opened it.

“What do you want?”

“Remember what we talked about?” he said.

“What?”

“What husbands are supposed to do to make their wives happy? You should try it!”

“I’m not doing that!” I closed the door in his face. Does he expect me to do those things he told me!?

I got back in the bed, looking at Sohyun. Would she be happy if I did those things? I stared at her a while, debating whether I should or not.

 

Sohyun POV

It feels so warm~ But didn’t I sleep on the floor? Is there a lot of sun coming through the window? I opened my eyes to Youngmin’s sleeping face. Oh my god! I tried not to scream! I was so shocked. His arm was around my waist. Did he bring me to his bed during the night!? I got up, freaking out.

He opened his eyes, yawning as he got up. He looked at me blankly.

“Morning,” He said plainly.

“What did you do to me?!” I screamed.

“What are you talking about?”

“I was on the floor when I went to sleep and in the morning--”

“Did it make you happy?” He asked. What’s wrong with him?!

“No!” I shrieked.

“Okay then,” He left the room. What was that!?

 

Youngmin POV

Jin-Sang was making breakfast. I sat at the table.

“She wasn’t happy,” I told him.

“Did you do what I said?” he asked happily.

“I put my arm around her and made sure she would wake up to my face. She screamed.” Why did I even do what he said?

“Really? You must have done it wrong~” Sohyun came out of my room.

“I’m going to go now,” She said quietly.

“You have to stay for breakfast!” Jin-Sang said. She looked at me weirdly.

“My friend has been calling me; she must be worried that I was out for the night. I should go.”

“Let her go,” I said.

“Why don’t you drop her off at home?” Jin-Sang suggested.

“No no, it’s fine I can get a ride back.” She resisted.

“Youngmin, you should take her on your way to work!” Jin-Sang suggested.

“Fine. Hurry up,” I got up dragging her with me.

We got in the car, neither of us saying anything.

“Instead of my house, can you drop me off at the day care center? My friend works there.” She asked.

Then her phone rang.

 

Sohyun POV

“Hello”

“Hi, Sohyun-ah, um… Hea Jung-ah said you didn’t come home last night. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m on my way to the day care center right now.”

“Oh, really, I’ll see you then. Bye.”

“Bye Hyunseong-ah.” I hung up.

We sat in silence again.

“Your friend…is a guy?” Youngmin asked.

“The friend I’m going to see is a girl, but I also have a guy friend there.” Why’s he asking?

It was quiet again. We finally reached the day care center.

“Thank you for driving me,” I said as opened the car door. As I was getting out, he grabbed my arm, pulling me back in. He leaned over, giving me a peck on the cheek.

“Okay, bye,” He spoke casually.

I watched him leave. ……………………… What was that?! Oh my god! My face felt so hot.

 

Youngmin POV

She didn’t look too happy with that either. Jin-Sang was probably just lying to me, saying that doing things like that would please her. Tch. I wonder who that guy she was talking to was. She said he was a friend… I just don’t want any problems in the future with him.

------------------------------------------------------

Is Youngmin getting jealous? And what are some more of the things Jin-Sang suggested he do?

Feel free to say anything~ ^^