You're Such An Idiot

Can't You Care A Little?

 

"What's wrong? You're frowning." Youngmin whispered to me. I closed my phone, putting it back in my purse.

"Nothing."

"Okay , well, we should get going then."

"It doesn't matter."

"What? Did something happen…?"

"There's just someone."

"Who did what?"

"It doesn't matter anymore." She's just a ; a crude creature. I want to hurt her, but I know that I shouldn't dirty my hands with that idiot.

No matter how much I told myself this, I couldn't believe in it.

"Can we go now Youngmin?" I nudged his arm after some people stopped talking with us.

"Sure. Let's go." We started walking towards the door, more cameras clicking and reporters yelling towards us. We ignored their questions and I plastered on a fake smile for them. They're the least of my worries right now. I can't leave this be.

 

Youngmin POV

"Sohyun," I said when we got back in the car. "Did something happen?"

"Not at all." She crossed her arms, sitting back with such a clearly upset face.

"Please tell me if it concerns you or me. I should know."

"I never read the rest, did I?" She said, obviously pissed off when she read through her phone. "Figures." She scoffed, throwing her phone on the ground.

I picked it up, reading through her messages. That… This has to be a joke. How can Hea Jung just take our son?! Tch. I looked at Sohyun who was contemplating something. I imagined her wanting to cry, but she's much stronger than that; she would keep fighting.

 

We got home, Sohyun just throwing her jewels and things off. "I'll be back." Oh goshSohyun seems to want Hea Jung dead by the tone in her voice. I can't blame her, so do I. She stole our son. The son that Sohyun went through so much pain to give birth to.

I quickly changed out of my formal clothes and into a light sweater and sweats. I was kind of worried as of what Sohyun was doing in her roomShe didn't come out for a while.

I went in search of her eventually, fearing that she was doing something drastic.

"Sohyun." I called, opening her door. She was dressed in all dark colors, putting on some shoes. "What are you doing…?"

"Going to get my child, what else?"

"Like this?! Don't do it this way!" I could see that she had a variety of things next to her. Stupid things, like smoke bombs, and more dangerous things too, like small knives. "Y-You can go get him back and I'll come, but not like this!" I yelled, snatching her little tools away.

"Don't you know what's wrong with Hea Jung?! She's mentally unstable! The knife is for self defense rather than hurting her!"

"But you can talk it out rather than using such methods!"

"Youngmin… You wouldn't understand."

"Why? Why can't I understand?!"

"You just wouldn't! You didn't spend all that time with him. You didn't stay up day and night, getting just an hour of sleep while I raised him. You didn't see his first smile or his first word. You weren't there!" Her tears were already falling.

"Sohyun" I went over, pulling her up to me, but she pushed me away with her hands. I'm sorry. I grabbed her back to me forcefully, keeping her close to me. "I wasn't there during those times, but I'm here now and I know that doing this would be wrong. I'm not saying that Hea Jung is right; she's not right in any way, but you can't just steal him back this way."

"But Youngmin… What else am I supposed to do?" She had such a hurt voice. I didn't know how to answer.

"We should go find her and talk."

"Butthat won't work."

"How do you know?" She looked away. "Let's go."

 

Sohyun changed her clothes, wearing normal things, before we left. I drove to her old house, or now should I say Hea Jung's house. I got out of the car, but Sohyun didn't move. I went around, opening her side door, making her flinch when she realized we were already here.

"Come. Let's get our son." I smiled a little, trying to ease her, now, nervousness.

"What if she tries something?" She asked me as we walked over to the door.

"Like?"

"I don't know… What if she threatened to kill?"

"Don't think like that." I said, ringing the doorbell.

There was no answer.

"It's not like she would answer after looking through the peek hole…" Sohyun noted, quietly walking over to the windows. "I don't see anyone nearby…" She whispered.

"Maybe she left?" I thought. We got back to the car, deciding to go see Hyunseong instead. Those two seem close and I'm sure he knows about it. He had left messages before too.

I cudn't stp herI'm so sry Sohyun.

He could have at least spelt correctly. Whatever. Even if he liked her, he shouldn't have let Hea Jung do that. It makes me want to hurt the both of them. They're selfish; being happy at Sohyun's expense. She's already been through enough.

 

Hyunseong POV

I heard the doorbell ring, hoping that it could be the police. "Oh, they came already? It's your fault." She said in a daunting tone. The look in her eyes… It was sharp enough to stab someone. "I'll leave then." I saw her run out the back door. Thank God

There was another ring. I tried to shimmy across the floor, knowing that it had to be Sohyun. I wanted it to be her so badly.

One more ring. I hurried, feeling my skin burn against the friction of the rug. So close

"He's not home either." I head her voice, taking the final roll. "We should go then…" I lifted myself up, hitting the door with my shoulder.

"Sohyun!" I yelled out, feeling the ropes cutting deeper into my already bleeding hands.

"Hyunseong? Hyunseong, is that you?" I heard her press against the door.

"Hea Jung just went out the back door when you rang the bell. Go after her!"

"What?!" I heard her footsteps already leaving.

I'm happy she knowsHea Jung isn't stable right now. I understand why though. She had a life like Sohyun's, just not to the same degree at all. I can't feel any pity for her; Sohyun's life was much much worse.

 

Youngmin POV

"She's not here, but she made it all easier." I didn't get was Sohyun was trying to say until I noticed that the door she must have left out of was surrounded by mud, leaving a trail of footsteps. What an idiot. "Hey, you get more information from Hyunseong and I'll chase after Hea Jung."

"Are you fast? I'll come too."

"This is something between me and her." She said, already running off. I should have went with her, but noticed that Hyunseong hadn't come outside. He hadn't answered the door before either; just yelling, and at the third ring at that.

I walked in, pausing at the broken pieces of furniture around the house. She didn't do this, did she? "Hyunseong?" I called around, but didn't hear much of an answer.

I kept walking around, hearing a whimpering noise. "Hyunseong?" I asked again. There was another whimpering sound. Like someone was crying.

"Hyunseong! Where are you?! Are you okay?!" I yelled, seeing something else. "H-Hyunseong!" I quickly went over, bending to him passed out unconscious. His dog barked at me viciously, trying to bite. "Don't worry, I'm a friend." I said to it, turning Hyunseong on his back.

His wrists were tied, hands bleeding along with other injuries to the face and chest. I untied his hands, getting a towel to clean some of his wounds. This is just brutal.

How could I let Sohyun run off in pursuit of Hea Jung?

I'm an idiot, but I won't leave Hyunseong in this condition.

 

Sohyun POV

Silence is the key. I walked, making minimal noise.

I had no idea where we even were anymore, since Hyunseong's house led us into some unknown area, but I kept going, just searching.

I heard a little noise, shuffling.

I knew I was smart to keep my knife. I mused to myself, feeling it in my pocket since Youngmin told me not to use it.

"Sohyun." I looked back.

"Hea J--"

 

Youngmin POV

I lay him down on a sofa, getting up to leave and find Sohyun when his dog continued to bark at me. Can't it just understand that I helped it's master…? So inconvenient. I tried to walk around it, but it kept blocking my way. I stepped over, quickly going to the door.

I need to follow Sohyun's steps quickly.

I began closing the door, hearing Hyunseong say something. "Why are you here?" He asked from his couch.

"I fixed you up. I'm going to go find Sohyun now." I answered, his dog running over to him instead.

"Did she go after Hea Jung…?" I nodded. "Why didn't you go with her?!"

"We decided that I should get more info out of you, then I saw that you were unconscious."

"You idiot!" He got up, pushing me against the wall. "Don't you get it?! Hea Jung is insane! When I said that in my texts I wasn't trying to exaggerate! I really meant it! I couldn't even type well because I had to write so quickly and my hands were tied!"

"I know I'm an idiot for letting Sohyun go, but she ran off on her own, telling me to find you." He pressed me into the wall as if his words would have more effect.

"Youngmin." He looked straight into my eyes. "Hea Jung is so unstable right now. You saw what she did to me, and that was just because I was trying to stop her. Imagine what she would do to Sohyun." She

I shoved him away, sprinting out the door.