Insanity

Can't You Care A Little?

Very long chapter... for your pleasure or displeasure haha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're not serious are you?" Sohyun gawked when I said I was. "I should go leave Kyung with Hyunseong then"

"Yeah. I can call him."

"Okay. I'll go get ready then." She pat Kyung's head. He was getting a little more comfortable around Sohyun again. Good. She left and I dialed Hyunseong's number.

"Can you come get Kyung… Something big came up suddenly."

"Wow. Look at you two great parents." He joked.

"Yah. It's not either of our faults. And if I mess this thing up, I doubt I can see Sohyun in a good state again."

"Hm? What's going on tonight?"

"We're going out to our first event. I'm going to tell the public that Sohyun is my wife."

"Really?! Of course I'll watch Kyung for you then! Best of luck on the announcement!"

"Haha, thanks. So, can you come over soon?"

"Yup, be there in a little while. Shouldn't you be getting ready now?"

"I can once you come. Sohyun's getting dressed, so I'm watching Kyung right now."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

 

Sohyun POV

This is just… It's so tightI walked down the stairs, knowing that I wouldn't trip on the long dress only because I've learn't how to wear them. Next is the heels I put a pair on, checking myself in the mirror. This looks nice on me; the blue is really pretty.

"Sohyun, are you done yet?!" Youngmin called from his room.

"Yeah! How about you?!" I yelled back. He walked out, dressed in a black tuxedo.

"I hate wearing a tux" He said under his breath. "Wah…You look really good." He smiled as he came down the stairs.

"Thank you. You look good too. Did Hyunseong come take Kyung?"

"Yup. He said good luck to the both of us."

"Aw, that's sweet~ SoI'm going to get bombarded with reporters, right?"

"Yeah, but I'll be there with you. Don't worry."

"If you say so…"

"Well, let's go then."

 

Hyunseong POV

I didn't want to go back to Hea Jung's place, since I didn't want her to see Kyung. I took him to my place. Strawberry barked at us when we walked in, but Kyung laughed, sticking his hands out to touch Strawberry.

I sighed, knowing that my puppy didn't like strangers and held him back after I put Kyung on the floor to play.

Strawberry has only liked Sohyun immediately so far. Maybe because he could tell that I liked her haha. I guess I still kind of like her, but I know that she is Youngmin's wife and would never try and mess with that.

Lately, I've been thinking that Hea Jung is really cute sometimes, but I can't get past her personality. Times like now, she's so annoying. She doesn't think straight and does all the wrong things, like wanting to keep Kyung from Sohyun.

That's just wrong, especially considering everything Sohyun went through.

I held Strawberry tight when he started growling at Kyung. "It's okay; he's just a baby." I pet him, trying to stop his barks. I wonder how Sohyun and Youngmin are doingI hope Youngmin shows everyone how he actually feels about Sohyun. It's pretty obvious that he likes her; he might even love her for all I know.

 

Youngmin POV

"Are you ready?" I asked as we rode over to the event hall.

"I guess." I could tell she was nervous and took her hand in mine.

"Don't worry. No matter what you do, I'll cover for you even if it's really bad." I joked, pecking her hand with my lips. She smiled a little as the car stopped. "Let's go." I opened the door, stepping out. Once we started got inside, I knew that cameras would start to flash. The place they were holding the party was just up an elevator in the parking garage haha.

We walked over to the elevator and I could still see that Sohyun was fidgety.

"Really, don't worry so much. You'll be great."

"What if I trip or say something stupid or…what if another girl has the same dress?!"

"That's not a big deal" She scoffed at me.

"Yes it is! On those online polls that people take, she would obviously win in a fashion face-off because they know her!" I rolled my eyes at the menial worries that Sohyun had.

"First of all, that's a very stupid problem, second, you look beautiful. You would win." I smiled, making her laugh.

"If you say so." The elevator beeped, the doors about to open.

"Ready?"

"Kind of have to be." She smiled brightly. The doors opened, a group of photographers first pointing towards us, then many voices yelling at us to look to them. There were so many loud screams and the other guests in the hall all looked our direction from the commotion.

Haha, this must have been so unexpected for everyone. The way they stared at us as we walked out together pleased me~

 

I could tell Sohyun was very good at smiling for the cameras and calmly walked through the line of hands popping out at her by my side.

We got to the area with all the guests, a waiter giving us drinks. This is why I hate high-class parties. It's just a socializing event for women in dresses and men with champagne.

I could see that many people gawked at me and Sohyun, whispering things to each other indiscreetly. One man came over to us with a small smile. I recognized him from my father's circle of business partners and acted respectively.

"How are you fairing, Youngmin-shi?" He shook my hand, reaching for Sohyun's next. "Might I ask who this lovely lady is?" I could tell that many people were listening in due to the quiet atmosphere of the party.

"This is Sohyun. She's my wife." His eyes flickered back to me, his expression looking as if he had misheard me.

"Oh" I still think he believed that he didn't hear me correctly, but he smiled a little. "It was a pleasure meeting you, miss." I almost wanted to say, That's Mrs. to you, but I thought that would be too inappropriate for someone invested into the company.

 

"Now the questions are really going to begin." I whispered to Sohyun.

"I know. I don't think he believed you." She muttered back, taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah, he probably thinks he heard me wrongly."

"Here come more." I looked forward, seeing a group of women coming over. I believe that they were the wives of some higher-ups in the company, but I really didn't care too much. They all looked very young, but I'm sure they were in their late-twenties.

"Wow~ Youngmin-shi has brought his much anticipated girlfriend to the party tonight." One said.

"She's not my girlfriend." I said firmly.

"Sure~" Another cooed. "Is she just a friend then?"

"No."

"So, she's your girlfriend haha." They all laughed and I looked towards Sohyun with softened eyes, caressing her face to get their attention, shooting my eyes back at them.

"She's my wife." There eyes all grew wider, but they tried to keep smiling. "She's my wife." I repeated, attempting to get a response from them.

"G-Good for you then." One said, but they were all very shocked and people and reporters around were all listening. Luckily, the reporters had to stay behind a velvet rope, otherwise I'm sure they would have charged from the 20 foot distance in between us.

"Thank you. We will be going now." I said, leading Sohyun over to a table with me. We sat, all eyes still on us, but the two of us kept calm faces. I'm sure I was appearing unemotional again and that Sohyun looked a but nervous, but had a slight smile on to make sure she seemed approachable.

 

"Youngmin-shi and" Two men and their wives sat in the other seats around the table.

"Sohyun." I spoke for her.

"Youngmin-shi and Sohyun." How rude. He just disrespected Sohyun, calling her by name. "The rumor circulating is that you two are married? When I heard this, I thought, how preposterous!" He let out a hearty laugh, the other guests around us chuckled a little.

"It's true. She is my wife." I said, making the two men sitting with us laugh harder.

"I never knew you were such a jokester! You two can't be married! You're too young and too--"

"Unloving?" I finished his sentence since I knew he wouldn't have the guts to say it.

"I wouldn't use that word, but, for the most part, yes. You don't seem very interested in women."

"I care for Sohyun very much. Please don't use your own observations of me at the office to make assumptions of my attitude towards women and marriage." He cleared his throat, attempting to help the awkward air. I glanced towards Sohyun, seeing her eyes looking down.

I extended my arm, placing my hand over hers on the table. "I care for Sohyun so much." I let out a soft smile, making her eyes relax.

My smile faded and my eyes shifted to another when I heard a loud whisper. "Please don't disrespect her like you are trying to. She deserves just as much as your own wife." They all stayed silent as did everyone in the hall expect for the reporters and the groups of gossiping couples.

 

Sohyun cleared , swiping her bangs behind her ears. She's not nervous, she's panicking and she's a little shy too. I know this won't help, but

I took her hand in mine, just rubbing my thumb along her fingers.

 

Sohyun POV

I'm trying to keep calm, no matter who comes over and what they ask. Youngmin has been speaking for me the whole time so far and I want to gain the confidence to talk on my own. But then should I-- I jumped a little, feeling my hand being pulled to Youngmin's.

He smiled so softly, his eyes looking gentle as he caressed my hand with his fingers.

"Sohyun, are you having fun so far?" He asked, gaining more listeners. They all want to hear my voice. Youngmin's smile must be shocking enough for them though

"Yes, I'm having a good time." I smiled wide, hearing so many cameras clicking in the distance.

"Good. This party is kind of boring though; I almost want to just leave." He complained, still keeping his small smile.

"I think going to events like this is nice every now and then." I could feel him nudge me under the table, his eyes trying to tell me something, but I couldn't understand.

 

Eventually, he sighed, standing up, attracting so many serious stares of curiosity.

"I've been trying to ask you to dance with me for the past ten minutes. I thought you would get it" Oh, is that what that stare meant…? He held his hand out to me, leading me to a wide area full of others already dancing slowly.

The silence bothered me so much.

"You can slow dance, right?" He joked, putting his hand on my waist and another holding my hand up.

"Of course~ How can I not?" I laughed, hearing an extra amount of cameras and reporters talking.

We swayed around for a bit. Luckily, dancing was something I was actually confident in. I looked around, eventually my eyes falling on Youngmin's, which were staring at me the whole time. I quickly averted them, feeling his hand on my waist push farther into me.

"Y-Youngmin." I started.

"Yes?" He pulled me a little closer. At least the other guests had started dancing too, so they weren't all just staring at us anymore. I could still feel their eyes on us though

"N-Nothing"

"Does it make you shy?" He let out a chuckle.

"N-No."

"Sure~" The music stopped and a microphone , making a static sound.

 

"Hello!" A man said. Ah, I think he's one of the lower company heads, but he's very high up to be a company head. "We're happy to have everyone here tonight!, including our future company president, Youngmin-shi. Rumor has it that the young woman with him is his wife? I haha, I just can't believe that. What about you guys? Do you think this is a trick?"

Youngmin looked towards me as everyone else stared to us. He's giving me another gently smile, making my heart skip a beat every time.

"May we get some clarification on this?" The man asked, motioning for Youngmin to come over. There was a lot of encouragement from the other guests and reportersI don't know why, but among all this commotion, I just feel like a little kid at a grown-up party. I feel like I'm not supposed to say anything

"Okay." Youngmin took me along with him, unexpectedly. I thought he would just talkbut I know that they are all curious about me.

 

"Hello everyone." Youngmin started, speaking into the microphone. "You must be wondering who this beautiful woman is. She is indeed my wife." There were so many cameras flashing in the background"Is that all you want to know? Her name is Sohyun."

"Tell us more about her!" A loud reporter yelled out.

"What do you want to know?" Oh goshYoungmin's simple question started a frenzy amongst the reporters.

"Was it a love marriage?!" Someone yelled. Oh great… That kind of question is first.

"Sohyun and I have been arranged to be married since we were young, but I disliked her very much as children." The people were so quiet, wanting to take in every word Youngmin was saying. "Both of our lives have been very different than the normal child's and I disliked her, thinking she was just another idiot in the world." Geez…That's kind of gutsy. "As I pushed her away, since she was always so inviting towards me, I learned that she wasn't even showing me her true personality. And then, right when I was interested by her, she left me alone, as I had wanted previously."

"Do you still dislike your wife?"

"Let me finish. I met Sohyun after many years, just last year to estimate our meeting. She didn't like me. She smiled a lot, but I knew she didn't care for me, and I didn't either. We were just stuck together and I quickly fell for Sohyun, but she still didn't care for me."

"Sohyun-shi, do you like Youngmin-shi now?!" Someone screamed out. Youngmin handed me the microphone.

"As Youngmin realized that he liked me, I didn't necessarily care too much for him. However, I still wanted the best for him. I wanted him to care for me. That must sound horrible, but he never showed me any emotions other than anger and monotonic faces at first. I thought that he was just a block of wood, unable to be a normal husband."

Youngmin quickly took the microphone back from me. Did I say something stupid…?

"I must interrupt. At first, I really just didn't show any feelings for Sohyun and started to get jealous over little things. She had a friend that was a man and I got so jealous. Then I started to care if she was tired or upset. I just began to care for her in my heart. Then" He looked towards me when I took the microphone back.

"Out of everything that I wanted from Youngmin, I wanted him to smile the most. I just wanted us to both be happy, even if it wasn't with each other."

"Yah." He snatched it back. "I wasn't finished." He said, making some of the guests laugh. "I really like Sohyun, even if she doesn't care all that much for me. I think I may love her."

"Sohyun-shi! Do you not like Youngmin-shi?!" I smiled at the excited reporter.

"I like him too." So many camera flashes went off suddenly. I looked towards Youngmin, seeing another one of his smiles. Why does he have to keep shooting me such soft gazes and smiles?! It makes me want to give him a big hug, but I shouldn't do that

"Sohyun," Youngmin took my hand again. "Thank you~" He softly pecked my cheek, creating a bigger ruckus amongst the crowd that must have missed that photo opportunity haha.

 

"Are you two planning on having a wedding event anytime soon?!" Someone yelled out.

"We've already been officially married for a little over a year and, although Sohyun would look beautiful in a wedding dress, I don't think we will." Youngmin was smiling so much! They were all cute, gentle smiles today too. He looks the best with that feathery smile~

The reporters kept asking more questions, but Youngmin ended his responses there, taking me off stage with him. We looked at all the surprised faces, seeing how they just stared at us. Youngmin and I snickered a little, getting ready to go. I checked my phone, seeing over 15 missed calls and a bunch of texts; all from Hyunseong and one from Hea Jung. I opened the first text:

SohyunI'll just say it now. I'm sorrybut I took him from you. I don't want to give him back to you. You don't deserve him.