Her Smile…

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Sohyun POV

What is he doing?! We stood there in the moonlight. His arms were lightly wrapped around me.

“Do things like this make you happy?” He asked, my immediate reaction to push him away.

“If I cared for you, it might, but since I don’t, it means nothing to me,” I walked to my house, closing the door, leaning against it. H-He was doing things like that to make me happy? Does that mean he at least cares about my feelings…?

 

Youngmin POV

So she would like it… I drove back home. Jin-Sang came to the door.

“So, you drove her~ Did you try one of my tips?” he asked enthusiastically.

“She said she it meant nothing to her since she doesn’t care for me,” I walked to my office.

“But if you keep doing things like this and talking to her more, she could start warming up to you!”

“What does it matter if she does?” He looked at me with a concerned face.

“Youngmin, I’ve just about raised you, I want you to have a wife you love and a happy life.”

“I just need to succeed the company.”

Love…I don’t need it at all.

 

Sohyun POV

Time to study~ I finished in a few hours. Should I call Jin-Sang to make sure Kyung’s ok? I dialed his number.

“Hello?” It was Youngmin’s monotone voice…

“Is Jin-Sang there?” I asked.

“No, he went out.”

“Well then, is Kyung doing okay?”

“Yeah, he’s fine.” Is he just saying that?

“Where are you sitting at this exact moment?” He better not be in his little office room!

“What?”

“Answer the question.”

“In my bed; it’s midnight.”

“Oh yeah, goodnight.”

“Ah, wait.” He said.

“Yes?”

“Do you want a husband that loves you?” What is he saying?

“Every woman wants one

“Okay. Goodnight.” He hung up. That was random… He… Is he really trying to care for me?

 

Youngmin POV

So she does want one… Jin-Sang was right. If I made her happy, she would smile like the other day right? I felt really weird inside when she smiled at me last time. I was about to go back to sleep, when Kyung started crying. What is it this time…?

I went over and picked him up. It was the diaper… How do you change these?

 

Sohyun POV

My phone rang. It was Youngmin calling back.

“Sohyun-shi… about changing diapers…” Hehe, he doesn’t know~

“You take the dirty one off first and put him on top of the new one.”

“Okay…and then what?”

“You wipe him and pull the diaper over the front and pin the sides.”

“………………Okay. Done. Is that it?” I smiled.

“Youngmin can be really cute in his own clueless way.”

"What?" Hm? Did I say that out loud?!

“Ah, nothing!” I quickly said. Did I seriously say it out loud!?!

“Mmm…… Don’t worry, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear it.” Gah! So embarrassing! “Goodnight Sohyun-shi,” He hung up. I can’t believe I said that!

 

Youngmin POV

She called me cute… I looked at Kyung.

“Do you think she would like it if I spent time with her?” I asked him. He just looked back at me. I went back to bed.

.

I woke up to crying. He’s doing it again… It was only 3am… I checked on him, maybe he wants milk. I fed him and went back to bed.

.

Crying again?! It was 4am. It’s only been an hour!! I picked him up until he stopped. Now stay asleep! I went back to bed.

 

Sohyun POV

I got ready to go take that test. Maybe I should call Youngmin. No, I should take the test and go pick up Kyung after that. I got to the community college.

“Ah, Sohyun-shi?” Hyunseong was there.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m taking the exam today. Oh yeah, you are too.”

“Are you ready~?” I asked teasingly.

“Hopefully,” He smiled back. We went into the exam room. It was pretty easy and full of basic stuff. They let us go after everyone finished.

“That was so hard!” Hyunseong complained to me.

“Really? I didn’t think it was too bad.”

“What?! You must be a genius!” Well yeah, after years of studies…

“Haha, see you later,” I said, leaving. It was already 6 pm. I walked to Youngmin’s house, enjoying my free time outside. I got to the house and rang the doorbell. Youngmin opened it. He had dark circles around his eyes!

“Take him back,” He groaned.

“Was it that bad?” I laughed.

“He woke up almost every hour,” He handed Kyung to me.

“He’s a light sleeper, but he’s not that bad anymore.” I took him.

“He used to be worse?!” he yelled.

“Yeah, I barely got any sleep the first month,” I smiled. He stayed silent.

“…If you need me to watch him every now and then, just call,” He looked away. So this is how he cares.

 

Youngmin POV

I’m so tired, how did she deal with this for months?!

“You should go to sleep; you have bags under your eyes.” She smiled. Why did she smile when she said that? I feel all weird on the inside again. Suddenly, my stomach growled. She laughed a little. “Do you want me to make you something?” She asked.

“I’m going to go sleep; I’ll just wake up hungry again.”

“You shouldn’t do that. Are you sure you don’t want anything?” She looked concerned. Maybe she really wants to?

“Okay.” She made some food. She seems like a good cook.

“I hope you like it!” She smiled. Smiling again… Is it that fun to make food?

It was delicious. It tasted a lot different that Jin-Sang’s. His is usually really salty, her cooking tasted more sweet.

“How is it?” she looked at me.

“Really good.” She looked a little surprised and then she smiled.

“Why do you keep smiling?” I unconsciously asked.

“What kind of question is that? I smile when something funny happens or when I’m happy.”

“So, you’re happy that I have dark circles and liked the food?” She kept laughing.

 

Sohyun POV

Youngmin is so weird and funny in his own way. Jin-Sang came in.

“Oh, Sohyun-shi was here. I didn’t know!” He was happy as usual. “You should stay over again, it’s already late.”

“It’s only 8, I’ll just go home.”

“Goodnight,” Youngmin said, still eating. Jin-Sang slapped him in the back of the head. “Ow! What was that for?!” Youngmin yelled.

“You should at least offer her a ride!” Jin-Sang yelled back. Haha, they’re like mother and son.

“It’s fine, I’ll get back on my own,” I laughed.

“Are you sure?” Jin-Sang asked.

“I can drop you off.” Youngmin said.

“You look so tired; it’d be more dangerous with you!” I was going to leave, but Youngmin got up.

“Really, it’s fine.” We went to his car. Both of us were silent. I looked over at him. His eyes really looked tired. I noticed he was wearing that light grey sweater again. It looks really nice on him. We reached my house.

“Thank you for the ride!” I smiled as I got out.

“Could you stop doing that.” He said.

“What?”

“Being so happy around me. It makes me feel weird.” I laughed, leaving.

 

Youngmin POV

She laughed. Does she do that just to bother me? Did I say something funny? Her smile…it’s nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Youngmin's starting to feel something for Sohyun? He doesn't seem heartless, just unsocial...

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^