I Get To Go Outside!

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Sohyun POV

Hea Jung took care of the paperwork to get us discharged from the hospital. I feel like Hea Jung’s more my husband than my real one…

We left the hospital. I carried the baby in my arms; I decided to name him Kyung. I wanted to despise him at first for being half of my husband, but I couldn’t. He was my child and I just loved him already, or at least felt a strong attachment.

Youngmin still didn’t call. Why did I even think he would show up today? I’m so stupid sometimes. I have Hea Jung; that’s all I need. We went home. I was just really happy all of a sudden. Is this how a mother feels?

“You should let him sleep now,” Hea Jung recommended.

“Okay,” I put him in the crib Hea Jung and I had bought.

“I shouldn’t hope for Youngmin’s call, right?” I asked her.

“Is he that type of person?”

“How should I know…?” I don’t know anything about him. Only that he’s an emotionless person. He doesn’t care for me, and I don’t care for him, and he won’t care about our child either. My child.

Just then the phone rang. Hea Jung picked it up.

“Hello?” I wonder who it was. “Ah yes, it’s a boy.” Someone from the company? “Do you want to talk to Sohyun?” I guess they said no because she put down the phone.

“Who was it?” I asked.

“Your husband,” So he didn’t even care to talk to me. I smiled.

“Hea Jung you can go now.”

“What, don’t you need help?”

“I know you work at this time, I’ll call if I need any help, okay?” I smiled as she left.

 

It’s just me again… I looked down at Kyung. Or should I say, it’s just us now. I smiled, staring at Kyung for a while, he was so cute! Maybe all babies are just like this. I went to sleep, but I woke up to Kyung crying. Maybe he’s hungry?

I picked him up. He didn’t smell, so that has to be it! I tried feeding him some milk, but he didn’t want it. What wrong with him?! Do babies just cry over nothing sometimes? No, there has to be a reason. I carried him, trying to soothe him back to sleep. He followed suit eventually. I checked the time, it was 4am.

This was the start of that lack of sleep period mothers go through. Hea Jung asked me if I needed help, but I felt like this was something I needed to do by myself as Kyung’s mother. She persisted, saying things like- You look so tired. Asking for help isn’t a big deal. Are you sure?  I rejected all her help. Kyung was already two and a half months old. Now he smiled and giggled. He kept me going, even when I felt like I would pass out.

“Are you sure you don’t need a break? I can take care of him, you really look exhausted,” Hea Jung told me.

“I’m really fine; you should go to work now.” Truthfully, I felt a little light headed.

“Really?” Her eyes looked like she knew something.

“Yeah I’m ser--”

“Sohyun!”

 

Hea Jung POV

This idiot! She took care of Kyung all by herself until she can’t even stay conscious! I lifted Sohyun off the floor. Doesn’t she know raising a child is a job for two people? Even if one isn’t here, I could have helped fill that void.

I took her to the couch. She wasn’t sick luckily, just exhausted. I put a blanket on her and took Kyung to the day care center I work at. What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her!

 

Sohyun POV

“Hmm~” Did I fall asleep? I went to check on Kyung. He was gone! Oh my God, he can’t walk or crawl, was he kidnapped?! No no what am I saying; Hea Jung must have taken him. I went to her day care center. She probably took this opportunity to take him there.

There were kids everywhere, babies, little kids, all kinds of children. I walked in, seeing no adults. I went to the main counter. There was someone ducked behind the counter. I hunched over the counter, looking down at him. He got up, meeting my eyes right in front of my face.

“Ahh!” He screamed, recoiling away hitting the wall behind him.

“I’m sorry!” He scared me, but I think I scared him more.

“Umm, no problem… Can I help you with something?”

“Is there a girl named Hea Jung here?”

“Yeah, who wants to know?” He looked at me suspiciously.

“The mother of the child she stole.” He looked surprised.

“Stole?”

“Taking a child while the mother is asleep is stealing, isn’t it?” Hea Jung ran up to me.

“Sohyun you came?!” He looked shocked.

“Of course; you took Kyung!”

“Well you passed out from exhaustion; I had to take him for your safety!” She seemed concerned.

“Tch. You’re one of those mothers who just has a kid and can’t take care of him.” The boy scoffed at me. I glared at him. Hmph. He should know the situation before talking.

“Please give Kyung back to me now.” I asked Hea Jung.

“But you need to rest! He’s in good hands here, please just go out, eat something, have a day to yourself. You can come back later!” She smiled pushing me out the door.

 

Hea Jung POV

I finally got her to leave.

“She’s one of those idiots, right? The kind who have a baby and don’t know how to do anything, right?” Hyunseong asked me.

“It’s not like that at all. It’s a lot sadder than that.” I went back to work. I still can’t believe Youngmin didn’t call her again or help her with the baby. It makes me so mad!

“So, what’s wrong with that girl?” Hyunseong came curious about Sohyun.

“Since I know you’re a caring person, I’ll tell you.” He sat down. “She was born into an arranged marriage to a guy named Youngmin. You know that computer company, Tech Co.? She’s married to the successor. They just had their first child, but he doesn’t care about Sohyun at all. He barely calls and hasn’t even seen her Sohyun since the night she got pregnant. She’s been taking care of the baby all by herself!”

“And she’s just ok with this?!” He was upset.

“What can she do? It’s not like she has any say in this…” I talked to him some more about Sohyun. After finishing the day’s work, Sohyun came back. “Do you feel more at ease?” I asked.

“Yeah, I feel reenergized!” She smiled.

 

Sohyun POV

“Kyung is still sleeping, we should go home now.” Hea Jung recommended. That boy from before came over.

“You should get rest and come here if you need to every now and then,” He talked casually, looking down, “I’m sorry for what I said before… I didn’t know your circumstances.”

“What did you tell him?” I narrowed my eyes a little at Hea Jung.

“Just a few details about you. I couldn’t stand what he said earlier!” I looked back at him.

“It’s okay, I would probably misunderstand too.” I mentioned to him.

“But shouldn’t you call your husband and tell him to help you?” I laughed a little at his suggestion. How hilarious that would be.

“Thank you for taking care of Kyung today. I’ll be going now.” I told Hea Jung.

“Ah wait a minute, I’m going home too.” She went to get her things. The boy came next to me.

“Really, if you need to come back, don’t hesitate.” He said with eyes of pity and sadness.

“Don’t worry, I will, thank you.” Hea Jung and I left.

“You really should call Youngmin-shi.” She said.

“Hehe you called him Youngmin-shi.” I laughed.

“Well it’s not like I really know him.”

“I guess I should call him that too.”

----------------------------------------------------

Ooo Hyunseong has entered the story.

Please comment, subscribe, and read the story of course~ ^__^