Goodnight. I'll See You Tomorrow.

Can't You Care A Little?

 

“I’m too nervous, can we go back home?” Sohyun was really freaking out, which made me laugh since she was encouraging me to open the door into the party a second ago.

“I already turned the knob, I just have to push it and the door will open.” I reminded her. “Are you ready for real now?”

“No, no! Let go of the knob.” I sighed, letting go of it and giving her a moment.

“Here, let’s stand on the side.” I said, seeing that other people were walking over and I’m sure they had no anxiety. “One more deep breath.” I said, pressing my hands to her shoulders. “You look great and so does Kyung. It’ll be fine.” I assured, breathing out with her. People walking by must have thought we were crazy haha.

Feeling a push on my leg, I smiled a little when I saw that Kyung was tugging on the bottom of my jacket.

I bent down next to him. “Kyung, you have to behave, okay? You can call me Dad and Sohyun Mom when we go inside. This is a really big thing for Mom and Dad, so please act nicely, okay?”

I wonder if Kyung would even talk… He rarely addresses Sohyun by Mom and never calls me Dad… He doesn’t even show much emotion…

Kyung nodded, letting me and Sohyun take his hands again.

I smiled to Sohyun, opening the door.

 

There was a huge ruckus once the cameras began clicking, just like last time. Haha, we’re always the ones with the breaking news at these company events.

I glanced down at Kyung, seeing that he wasn’t even blinking too much at the bright flashes. I’m pretty sure that Sohyun was blinking more haha. I was used to them and kept my straight face when we all sat down at a table. “Ready?” I asked Sohyun.

“Guess I have to be now haha.” She laughed a little. Kyung seemed as silent as ever. I suppose it’s good that he’s not the type of child to yell and cry though?

A few of my father’s associates began coming over, smiling to me and Sohyun as they sat around us. We kept Kyung on Sohyun’s lap since the table chairs were too big for him to see over the table easily.

“You two are quite the attention grabber’s haha. So… Is this…your child?” A man asked very skeptically.

“Do you think he’s our child?” I smirked a bit, raising an eyebrow that caught him off guard.

“Ah… You two are in your early twenties, so he must be a nephew or other relative.”

“Oh!” A woman had a small outburst. “He must be a relative’s child and they shoved him on you at the last moment, right?!” I silently laughed a little bit.

“Wait, wait!” Another woman shushed everyone. “You’re just babysitting him to mess with the press and reporters!”

“Ah, yeah! People always do those types of things to make gossips!” The woman’s husband agreed.

“Yeah! I mean, you two made a huge event last time too!” I stopped them all there.

“Please don’t call my wife and I announcing our marriage a pointless scandal.” That shut the energetic couple up.

 

“Yah, Youngmin…” Sohyun nudged my arm, keeping Kyung on her lap with the other. He seemed to be in his own world with all the new people and environments around him.

“Yes?” I joked with a small smile.

“You two are so cute~” Both Sohyun and I stared, a bit stunned at one of the men. That was the man’s voice, right…? How…unusual for someone at one of these parties to even say something informal like that.

“Thank you.” I slightly bowed my head, still slightly confused.

“Yeah, you two are a really cute couple. Youngmin smiles around Sohyun only~” A woman cooed out. I was very surprised by what the guests were saying to us. It’s so…strange…

“So, who is this child really?” One of the women asked with composure.

“This is mine and Sohyun’s child.” There was complete silence at the table, followed by loud laughter.

“No, really!” I sighed, knowing that this would be like the last party when Sohyun was revealed to the public.

“Really, this is our child.” I was actually a little upset that they wouldn’t believe me for some reason. It’s exactly like last time…

“Oh gosh, Youngmin! You are so funny!” The women giggled.

“Can’t you see the resemblance…?” They peered at Kyung, then back at me, then to Sohyun, then back at Kyung.

“I guess… The nose could be Youngmin’s, barely.” I rolled my eyes, sitting back in my seat with crossed arms.

 

“Dad.” I glanced, wide eyed at Kyung. He really said it…? Finally, he’s calling me by a name in general!

“Yes?” I stared at him, a bit too surprised to do anything except widen my eyes. The others stared at him, so shocked.

Kyung moved his eyes around the table at the guests looking closely back at him.

“It’s Mom and Dad.” I think I was more shocked that Kyung spoke than the people around us. I never knew he could even say sentences! He never even calls us Mom and Dad!

“Oh my…” One of the women started. “He is your child? Honey, are these two really your parents?” She asked Kyung. He didn’t say anything back, going back to his silence. “Maybe not?”

“They are.” Kyung said the simple sentence while playing with his fingers, making Sohyun smiled wide.

“He’s our son.” She said happily. I snickered a bit, seeing how excited Sohyun was getting along with the guests. I thought it was cute haha.

“Nmh.” Kyung reached out to my arm, making me realize how loud the reporters were from a distance and just the other guests in general.

“Come here, Kyung.” I smiled a little to look approachable to him when he actually let me pick him up. I have a feeling that he’s just going to ignore me and Sohyun when we go back home though…

I held him in my arms, standing up and going over to the reporters.

“This is my son, Kyung.” I said boldly with a smile. “He’s cute, right?” Sohyun came over, trying not to laugh.

“Youngmin… He’ll get upset.” She took Kyung back into her arms. Hmph. He seemed a bit too willing to reach back to her… I guess it’s just a father’s jealousy.

“Youngmin-shi! Are you being truthful with the press?!” Someone yelled.

“Maybe.” Sohyun slapped my arm at the involuntary witty remark. “Yes, yes. He is our son.”

“Please take questions today!” Another reporter yelled.

“Perhaps.” Sohyun sighed at me again, my smile coming out only for her.

 

We went back to our table, the guests from before whispering excitedly. “Is there some gossip you want to share?” I questioned them.

“Ah…This is real, right? It’s not just some fake scheme to cause drama, or is it?” I scoffed at the woman, fixing my position.

“This is one hundred percent real. He’s a—” Everyone turned to the person on stage, taping his microphone.

“Hello, everyone, thank you for gathering at yet another company event for us.” The announcer seems a bit casual today. “It’s very amusing how it’s the second time that our future president, Youngmin-shi, has come to an event and he’s already brought more drama.” Hmph. Calling my wife and my son drama? Not the way to get on my good side. “We would be very joyous if Youngmin-shi could come up and take some questions. Mainly because the reporters are getting very antsy.” He said it with a smile, but he sounded annoyed haha.

I stood up, adjusting my jacket before I reached my hand down to Sohyun. I knew she didn’t want to come up there with me, but she came as well, holding Kyung’s hand.

“Hello, everyone.” I spoke into the microphone on stage. “It’s nice to see you all again.” Not really, but some of the guests are a bit more familiar to me. “First off, I would like to reiterate that this boy here is mine and Sohyun’s child.” The clicks from the cameras were annoying, but they tried to keep quiet to hear me. “His name is Kyung and he is almost three years old now.” That’s when the real ruckus started… “Does anyone have any questions…” It looked like the whole mob of reporters could run onto stage at us…

 

“Here, here!” Someone yelled very loudly, trying to get my attention. More like everyone in the buildings attention… “Please explain! How can your child be almost three when you and Sohyun-shi have only been married for a year now?” Of course, that’s the first question…

“I don’t want to keep explaining, so listen well.” That shut them all up nicely. “While Sohyun and I have only announced our marriage for the year, we have technically been married since before that. Sohyun was pregnant before we had a proper wedlock. That may be appalling or inexcusable to others, since we didn’t even like each other when Sohyun conceived Kyung, but that’s not important at this point. Sohyun and I are a strong couple now and we may not have been able to control the situation when we were told to have Kyung, but…it’s not important. We have a family and I am very proud and happy to have one. I…I wasn’t always the best to Sohyun, especially not at the beginning, so I am very happy.”

Sohyun touched my hand, wanting to mic. I gave it to her.

“I probably said some of these things at the last event, but I am also very happy. We…Like most couples and blooming families. We had hard times; it was an arranged marriage. There was bound to be some troubles between us. We had arguments, freak accidents, days where we just didn’t care about anything, and much more. I know that I had them at least.” Sohyun added a little laugh. “But I am very pleased to be with Youngmin and my son, Kyung, today.” I think she wanted to say more, but I took the mic back.

“Please don’t spread many useless gossips and stories about what I have just told you. I don’t need to go into detail about anything, but Kyung is my son and Sohyun is my wife who gave birth to him. That is all.” I found no need to explain our lives to the press and ended my speech early.

There were many people who kept trying to ask questions, but I took Sohyun’s hand, walking off stage together.

A few guests tried to talk to us, but I just kept walking to the door while Sohyun held Kyung’s hand tight to make sure he kept up with my speed.

My father’s wishes are met and we don’t need to be here anymore.

I will become the president of his company soon and Kyung will succeed me after my years there.

“We’re leaving already…?” Sohyun asked me when I opened the door to leave.

“I want to go now. Do you want to stay?” She shook her head, making my smile a little. “You look really pretty today.” She hit my arm for my snicker. “Did it sound fake? It wasn’t…” She shook her head again with a small smile.

“Let’s just go.” I glanced down at Kyung, noticing that he was actually reaching up to me. I smiled wide, picking him up before we walked out with numerous camera clicks sounding off in the background when I closed the door.

 

“I hope Jin-Sang isn’t asleep yet.” Sohyun randomly stated when we got in the car. “I think Kyung likes him the most.” I mused a bit.

“Probably. I’m just happy that he called me Dad.”

“That was surprising haha. I hope he does it more often, but it’s his choice.” We definitely wouldn’t have been talking about this if Kyung hadn’t already fallen asleep on the way home.

He sleeps peacefully, which is nice. “Hey, do you think your father is going to be nice to me now? Haha, I mean, we did our jobs for once.” I thought for a second, picking Kyung’s sleeping body out of the car when we reached the house.

“Maybe. I guess he’ll get mad at me for cutting our announcement short at the party haha.”

“I suppose…Oh well. I’m just happy people know now.” She closed the car door, the two of us unlocking the house door.

“Well, it might get harder now. There’s going to be tons of gossip and whatnot now…” She agreed, both of us sighing as we put Kyung in his room to sleep. “At least we’re together for it.”

She smiled at my words, nodding her head. “Ah, I should call Hyunseong! He keeps worrying about us haha.” We both got in bed, noting that Jin-Sang was already asleep in his own quarters.

“I’m sure Hyungseong’s sleeping too~ I wonder how the daycare is going these days… He doesn’t really call me anymore.” I scoffed at her, putting Bagels out of the room before turning out the lights. If I didn't put him outside, he would keep jumping onto the bed and taking the space next to Sohyun… I suppose the cat's always loved Sohyun more than me. But he even likes Kyung more too

“That’s because Hyunseong’s always calling and bugging me instead!” She laughed at my annoyance. “Geez… He’s your friend, why is he calling me?”

“Oh, you two are good friends too. Don’t complain~” I scoffed with another laugh, putting my arm around her to keep her close. “Gosh… Why are you getting so touchy?”

“What?! I always keep my arm here!” She laughed, putting her arm around my waist lightly.

“Goodnight, Youngmin~” I smiled at her, nodding.

“Goodnight, Sohyun.”

I hope our days are peaceful from now on.

 

"Ah, Sohyun." I moved a bit closer to her.

"Yes?" She answered back.

"I love you." She laughed, hugging me.

"Same to you; I love you too." I kept shuffling in my sleep, trying to find a comfortable position. "Would you go to sleep already?!"

"Geez… No need to get upset at me…" She turned away from me, stuffed her head in her pillow. "Goodnight~" I cooed at her, putting arm around her waist. She sighed loudly.

"Yes, yes, goodnight." I smiled as I closed my eyes.

​I'll still only smile my best for you, Sohyun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*claps hands* It's over! Haha, the only reason I had such trouble writing the past chapters was because this was my second story and my writing style is different now~ I tend to write more…uncute things haha. Oh, and loads of haha. Anyway, how was the story? Did you guys like it? ^^ If you really liked it, I'd love for you to press that upvote button, but if not, I hope that you still enjoyed my story. ^^

If you guys are bored and are looking for something new to read, please check out this other story of mine! It's M though, so don't look if you're still innocent! It's the one story that I will never regret writing because I poured my heart out to write it. Anyway, thank you for reading along with this story for so long even when I took months to update… Hope to keep talking to you guys! ^____^