It Begins.

Can't You Care A Little?

Sohyun POV

I went home, waiting for three months. My period stopped. I checked with kits, visits to the doctor, everything I could. I was pregnant. It was a relief that I wouldn’t have to go back to that house for another night. But it also cast a shade of fear over me. Who wouldn’t be afraid of being pregnant the first time in their life? I called Youngmin.

“Yes?” he said formally.

“I’m pregnant.”

“Ok.”

“Say something!” Does he really feel nothing?!

“Call me if you need money. I’ll see you when the baby is born.” He hung up. That jerk! He could at least say something to feign the personality of a good husband. Hea Jung came in.

“I heard your conversation. Is it true?” she asked.

“Yeah.” We sat there quietly.

“Well we should go buy some things for the future then. Like a crib and baby clothes.”

“Isn’t that going too fast?” I asked.

“You still have six months to go, but we can at least buy some necessities. I work with children all day at the day care; I know exactly what to buy,” She smiled. Although I was freaking out on the inside, Hea Jung always knew what to say and do to calm me down, a lot better than that jerk Youngmin.

We left, coming back with a crib and uni clothes, since I didn’t know if the baby was a girl or a boy. I pray that it’s a boy though. I would have to go back to his house if it wasn’t a boy.

Months passed like this. Going to out to buy things and just learning more in my studies as my stomach got bigger. In all, nine months passed since that day I last went to Youngmin’s house and I was expecting the baby any day now. Youngmin never called me once since our last conversation. He really doesn’t care at all. That jerk... I felt something weird. I screamed.

“Hea Jung!” I was in so much pain. She came running.

“Your water broke, it must be contractions! Let’s get to the hospital!” She helped me to a car.

I don’t remember the car ride there, I think I fainted, but when I awoke. I was on a medical bed, doctors and nurses surrounding me.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Miss, please push a little more, the baby’s trying to come out.” A nurse said. Hea Jung was next to me, holding my hand. Haha, I thought he would come today. I squeezed Hea Jung’s hand.

“You can do it!” she encouraged me. I tried until tears welled up in my eyes.

“It’s out!” The nurses took the baby away.

“Was it a boy?” I uttered to the doctor.

“Yes.”

“Thank God.” I out.

“Miss!”

.

I woke up in a bed. Hea Jung was sitting next to me.

“It was a healthy baby boy!” She smiled.

“Really? Can I see him?”

“Of course! I didn’t hold him because I wanted his mother to be the first one to coddle him in her arms.” She brought him.

I held him in my arms. He was beautiful. Big eyes, black hair, and a cute little nose. I hope he got his father’s looks…that’s the only thing I wish he inherited from him.

---------

Now the story is really going to get started since I've laid all my backdrops in! Thank you to my subscribers!

Please comment, subscribe, and read the story of course~ ^__^