I Want Something Else

Can't You Care A Little?

 

“W-What?”

“It’s your fault, but it’s not just yours; it’s my own parents and also yours too. You people…you make me feel unwanted. None of you like me. You all hated me even though I tried so hard to be nice...”

“Sohyun, what are you saying?! I like you!” She weakly smiled.

“No need to lie now.”

“What?! So many people want to know you, talk to you, and like you! What about Hea Jung-shi?”

“She’s inclined to since I’ve known her for so long.”

“And Hyunseong-ah? Jin-Sang? They’re both your friends!” She stayed silent. “What about Kyung and Bagels too, they both like you!”

“Stop it.” I walked in front of her.

“You’re not unwanted. So many people like you.”

“Don’t lie!” she screamed.

“I’m not lying to you!”

“Then why was I always pushed away? I tried to help, I wanted to be nice, but you all just pushed me away!” I grabbed her into my arms.

She struggled so much in my grip, trying to push me away. I kept my hold on her. “I’m sorry if that’s what happened in the past, but it’s different now!” She screamed, kicking me.

“Let go!” I kept my arms around her, tight. I feel so helpless, like when she would scream in the corner. What should I do?!

“Youngmin!” My father and a maid ran in. “What is she doing?!” He yelled. That’s it.

“She has done nothing wrong ever! It’s yours and my fault she’s like this now!”

“What are you talking about?!” Sohyun kept hitting me away, I let go. She walked out of the room, I tried to follow, but my father stopped me. “What did you say? It’s my fault?”

“Move; my wife needs me right now.” I went after Sohyun. Where did she go? Already gone… I looked around the house. She didn’t go to that tree, did she? I walked out to it, trying to find her. She wasn’t there. Where else would she go? I walked back to the house.

Where does Sohyun go when she’s upset? …How should I know… Hmm. Well she sits in corners a lot. Maybe she does that when she’s distressed or uncomfortable? I looked in all the corners of the house. Where the heck is she?!

 

Sohyun POV

They can’t change. People don’t change. I haven’t changed, so why would they? His father still hates me. Am I not good enough for Youngmin? Then why did his father pick me to be his fiancé in the first place? He could have ruined a worthy girls life instead…

Youngmin…he doesn’t really like me… He never has. I don’t think he…but I taught him how to smile. I must be important to him in some way... I heard noise outside. I saw the shadows of footsteps through the cabinet crack. I couldn’t really see anything; I was crouched in a kitchen cabinet, holding my knees to my chest.

Go away. I don’t want to be found right now… My mind is clouded. I thought no one wanted me, no one cared for me, but… Youngmin… He does like me. And so does Hea Jung and Hyunseong and Jin-Sang… Kyung and Bagels too. I know I’m wanted to those people, but… I want his father’s approval…

 

Youngmin POV

It’s been hours! She should have showed up by now! I hope she didn’t do something stupid… I kept looking.

“Youngmin, why do you keep searching for her?” My father walked over.

“She’s not in a good state of mind right now. I have to find her.” I replied, thinking of places she could be.

“What does it matter; she’ll come out eventually.” I looked at him.

“She needs me most right now. I won’t just leave her to come back alone.”

“It’s not like she’s that important.” My anger rose on the inside.

“She’s my wife. I like her. She’s one of the most important people in my eyes.” I started to leave, but he gripped my arm.

“You don’t need to concern yourself with her. She’s only your wife for the company.” I shook his hand off.

“This is why she’s like this. People like you hurt her!”

“Just succeed the company; she’ll be just fine.” Why is he like this?!

“I don’t want to. I’m going to go find her.”

“Are you saying she’s more important than the company?” He asked seriously.

“She brings joy to me when nothing else can.” I said, leaving him speechless. Now where could she have gone?! Ugh! Why does this place have to be so big?!

 

I kept looking around. I felt like I should just give up…Hm? What’s that? A kitchen cabinet was slightly opened. I went over, my eyes widening; Sohyun was lying inside.

“Sohyun!” I quickly shook her. Is she just asleep or is she unconscious?! I picked her out of the cabinet and into my arms.

“So, you found her?” My father said from the doorway. I glared at him.

“Yes. I did.”

“Youngmin, she’s already had the child; you don’t need to bother with her.” I couldn’t control my anger anymore.

“I want to be with her! I don’t care if the company fails or not! She’s the first thing in my life that I wanted to fight for. I’ll do anything for her, so stop trying to convince me otherwise.”

“But she’s not even that special.”

“Ugh! What don’t you get?! She’s like my doctor. She was able to fix me. I can smile only because of her!” He looked so surprised.

“You can smile now?! He smiled wide. “Really?! Let me see!”

“I only want to smile with her. Please let me go now.” I walked past him; going up to my room, making sure Sohyun was really just sleeping.

She seemed fine physically. Mentally… I’m not sure…

 

Sohyun POV

I opened my eyes. Where am I? I sat up. Someone must have found me… I noticed Youngmin, his head down on the bed next to me. He fell asleep. He probably found me. I was a little happy about it.

I touched his hair; it was so soft. He makes the best expression when he’s asleep. It’s innocent and so cute! …It’s just his father who doesn’t accept me. Others like me…like Youngmin. I patted his head. I’m sorry for being mean and yelling at you. I was just…confused. You were being a nice guy too.

I headed downstairs, seeing Youngmin’s father. “You’re here. We should talk. I don’t want to you to meet Youngmin anymore.”

“W-What?” Aren’t I his wife?

“Youngmin says that you are more important to him than the company. But if he doesn’t succeed the company, I have no use for you. So stop meeting him.”

“But I’m his wife.”

“You already had a son. Now leave.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngmin's father is so mean...what a jerk! Youngmin has tunred into such a great guy since the beginning of the story~ And looks like Sohyun is currently back to her norm.

Please check out my other story if you're bored! I've been updating it quite a bit lately and think it's really cute! >< If you love cuteness, come look!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/267212/you-re-such-a-geek-but-i-like-you-b1a4-cnu-gongchan-jinyoung-romance-jinchan-ocstory