Daughter

Can't You Care A Little?

 

"Dad, come down!" I yelled into the house, still having to pull Sohyun along with me. She was so resistant, holding onto doors while I had to keep yanking her as we walked.

"Yes?" My father came down the stairs, looking at us weirdly.

"Sit down. We all need to talk." Sohyun kept trying to break away from me. "And you too." I said, sitting her down. I sat in between the two, making sure no violence would somehow occur during this talk. "So, dad, why don't you accept Sohyun?" He crossed his arms.

"What are you saying?"

"You obviously dislike her and always have. Why?" He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Just say it and don't reject."

"She's bad."

"Why?"

"She just is." I took a deep breath, putting up with his childish attitude.

"Do you think she has a bad personality? Did she do something bad before?" I tried getting the answer out of him.

"She couldn't even fix you well" He mumbled.

"She never had to 'fix' me. And she did. I smile, if that's what you are referring to."

"I still don't believe that and she doesn't even like you. Don't even lie about that." He said firmly.

"II can't speak for her on that issue, but" I looked towards her, "I definitely like her. I think I love her. I don't really know what love is and can't decide what's the exact feeling, but I think that's what I feel towards Sohyun."

"I like him," We both turned to Sohyun, me being a bit surprised at her sudden response. "I do really like him, please don't believe otherwise."

"You didn't before." My father said, scoffing. "When you were both younger."

"How can you expect a child to like a person you just stuck her with?" I responded in her place. "I didn't like her either. I did become interested in the end though...and then I saw her again later."

"Whatever." Tch.

"Why are you still against her?!" I asked, getting frustrated. "And you!" I turned to her. "Why did you listen to him when he told you to leave?!"

"I just wanted to."

"Untrue." I retorted, making her avert her eyes.

"I just wanted his acceptance."

"Why?" She looked at me like I was a total idiot.

"What do you mean why?" I left the topic there, knowing that she probably always wanted his acceptance the most. He had rejected her all the time and, like any child, she just wanted to be loved. I wish I had this kind of thought process when I was a child. Everything would have been easier.

 

"Can you really smile now?" My father suddenly asked.

"Yeah." Why is this such a big deal to him? He sat up a little.

"Then you can start going to events now. I just had you go to conferences and make speeches before, since you never smiled, but now you can go to parties!" He exclaimed. I sighed.

"Is this the only reason you want me to smile?!" I yelled at him, feeling so frustrated when he nodded. Why is my father such an idiot…? "So, are we're all good here? No more secret hated for each other?" The two both nodded there heads. Their issues were so smallWhy didn't they just have this ten minute conversation before?! Ugh, whatever.

"So, about what I was saying before. You should go to parties Youngmin; I've been hiding you from the public much more that I should have, just because of this." In the end, it's all about business, isn't it?

"I'll go if Sohyun comes with me."

"What? No." He responded instantly.

"I can't smile unless she's there." I crossed my arms.

"After that whole incident, shouldn't she just hide more?"

"What? No! She should just come out and I can say that she's my wife!"

"But"

"Dad, we've been married for almost a year now. We have a child. I don't think this is something you can hide for any longer."

"Yeah, but"

"President, don't worry," Sohyun interjected. "I'll behave well and make sure not to bring the company down in any way." She talked so respectively to him

"You shouldn't have to pretend to be souptight." I mentioned unconsciously.

"It's what I've learned formy whole life. I'll be on my best behavior, that is if I can go." Haha, she used a sad tone, making my dad reconsider.

"Fine. You better not embarrass the company, Youngmin, or me. Should we say you're the girlfriend or just a good friend." I glared at him.

"Wife."

"No. It's too soon for that." He responded.

"I want it to be that way and I'm going to inherit the company soon. I know what I am doing." We debated for a while, eventually coming to a decision. He sighed, thinking for quite a while.

"Sohyun, nodaughter" He said awkwardly. "You better not mess this up."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wah~  A new chapter after a whole month almost! I was trying to get back here haha. So, I wonder how the next chapter will go~ ^^ I'm a little excited~

And thank you to all the people who have been commenting and such even while I wasn't updating this story! I love you all~ haha. Oh, and thank you for voting for this story too! I didn't expect that! ^^