Can't There Be a Good Day?

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Where could she be?! I ran, not knowing where I was going. I just ran, positive that Sohyun was in danger.

Hyunseong kept up behind me, but my speed was much faster than his.

I really just moved until I couldn't anymore, trying to figure out which direction Sohyun and Hea Jung could have gone. I don't recognize any of these streets

"This way." Hyunseong went in front. I don't know why I trusted him since it's not like he knew which way they went, but I just did, not being ale to think with the panic in my mind taking over.

I really shouldn't have trusted him; we ended up taking a minute on the sidewalk just to catch our breath when we found nothing. "Youngmin, do you-" I used my hand to cover his mouth, waiting. We both stayed silent, my eyes so serious and getting wider.

I took off sprinting again, hearing an ambulance siren in the distance.

 

Hyunseong POV

I have no idea why there is an ambulance right now, but I'm just praying that it's not because of Sohyun and Hea Jung. It can't be.

We started getting a glimpse of the red and blue lights, flashing behind a corner to a different street. Youngmin had so much stamina right now. Both of us were running off pure adrenaline.

We stepped onto the street, seeing so many lights. People stood outside, whispering to each other, making me feel more nervous.

Youngmin went straight to the scene everyone was blockading, pausing for a second, then going in.

God. God. God. I went after him, seeing Hea Jung on the ground next to Sohyun. Someone was simply picking Sohyun up and placing her in an ambulance, but Hea Jung… They took greater measures for her, placing her on a belt before lifting her up.

"What happened…?" Youngmin asked the man taking Sohyun. His voice was so shaky and he sounded almost confused.

"Please move sir, we have to check her for internal injuries as well."

"I'm her husband." With that simple line, they took him into the ambulance, leaving for a hospital.

I tried to get my mind off Sohyun, asking a worker to let me come with Hea Jung. I lied, saying I was her brother. They're so easy to fool

 

Youngmin POV

Damn it all. Just damn it all to hell.

 

Hyunseong POV

Thank you, God. Thank you for being nice today.

 

Youngmin POV

I hate you so much, God. You never make the right decisions. You always choose to make the good suffer and the bad excel.

 

Hyunseong POV

OhI take it back. You disappointed me, God.

 

Youngmin POV

Wait. Keep breathing. I'm sorry for doubting you before, you are amazing God. Please, just keep her breathing longer. They need to to remove the blade from between her ribs. It's poking at her lungs.

 

Hyunseong POV

Make her suffer, God. Make her feel at least some pain before she goes. That's all she deserves.

 

Youngmin POV

"Sir, you have to leave now. Visiting hours are over." Another nurse came, explaining to her junior. I didn't pay attention, hearing them both leave soon.

"Sohyun," I brushed my fingers along her hair. "You'll be just fine. She won't keep bothering you." I said with a smile.

 

Hyunseong POV

"Please sign these forms for your sister." I guess the lies caught up with me. I just had to sign, right? Then she'll go away forever.

 

Youngmin POV

"Is she awake yet?" Hyunseong came in, asking me with a small smile. I was kind of smiling too, even if it was bad to do so.

"Not yet, but she will be soon. Then took her away, right?" He nodded, sitting in the chair next to me.

"She gone and won't bother Sohyun anymore." I almost laughed a little.

"No need to use such a euphemism. Just tell Sohyun she's that Hea Jung is dead once she wakes up."

"That sounds so rude~ Especially since we're smiling. She was still a person that Sohyun loved dearly."

"Did you like Hea Jung?" I asked out of nowhere.

"What's that~? You know that I only liked Sohyun out of the two."

"Yah, she's mine." He laughed, slapping me on the back.

"Don't worry, my friend. I know not to interfere in such a loving couple~ Plus, I only thought Hea Jung was a little cute while I knew that Sohyun was with you. I never got any hopes up after she fell for you."

"Wait… You still went for her when only I liked her?!"

"Well, nothing was official haha." I looked at him, a bit taken aback. "I'm just messing with you. I gave up long ago and just see her as a friend."

"Good. I love her and wouldn't let you take her from me, no matter what."

"Wah~ Look at this guy. He used to be so distant, not even smiling or talking to anyone. Now he's married and says he's in love. What a big difference."

"It's because of her." I smiled, glancing back at Sohyun. "I really do love her." He smiled, patting me on the back. "So, don't you try and take her." I joked, looking back at Sohyun for the moment when she woke up.

 

They had put her under a lot of drugs to remove the knife that Hea Jung had lodged into her ribcage. Luckily, Sohyun kept that knife I told her to leave behind and stabbed Hea Jung in the chest. Apparently, that's what saved her in the end; a good shot near the heart. I can't believe I told her to leave that blade at home. She's so much smarter than me.

"Did you know that the public likes Sohyun so far? They said she has a good personality, but want to get to know her better." I said.

"That's great. Do they know about… This whole exchange?"

"Nope."

"That's good then. No more drama haha." I know. I don't want Sohyun to experience anymore pain. She's gone through enough. She's so much stronger than I remember when I met her for the first time. I thought she was just an idiot, but she was so much more.

I wish I had realized back then.

She's so amazing. So much more than me.

 

"I'm going to get something to eat. Do you want anything?"

"Nope. I'm fine." Hyunseong left as my phone began to vibrate. "Hello?"

"Youngmin, I heard about Sohyun from the police, they had called. Is she okay?"

"She's doing great. She just needs to wake up now." I said, smiling as we talked.

"That's great. Oh, and the police had gotten into Hea Jung's house and gave Kyung to me. He's doing well!"

"That's good. I hope he calls Sohyun his mother soon. I don't want him to remember Hea Jung."

"Of course~ He'll make her happy! By the way, not that you had asked, but me and Bagels are doing great too!"

"Haha, I had almost forgot about little Bagels. His mom his coming to see him soon too." I said, seeing Sohyun start to move a little. "Talk to you later, bye." I hung up quickly, bending down on the ground, my face in front of hers when she opened her eyes. "Sohyun." I smiled wide.

"What happened?"

"She's gone."

"Gone as in?"

"Dead. She died."

"R-Really?" I nodded, but she actually looked sad. I can understand why though. Hea Jung was the only person she supposedly had during her life. I want to fill that place in from now on.

"Sohyun." I smiled, cupping her face in my hands before I kissed her. I wanted to do things like this too. "Are you okay with going home?" She nodded, but her eyes looked a bit somber. She's definitely sad about Hea Jung, but I know she'll be much happier from now on. I'll make sure of it.