Stay Away

Can't You Care A Little?

 

The doctor came back in soon. “Well we can pre-determine the after effects of the accident since we got more information about everything,” He started, “Jin-Sang-shi told us about Sohyun-shi’s condition. Don’t worry, all information is confidential.”

I stood up. “She’ll definitely wake up, right?” That was the most important question in my head.

“Of course, it’s not like she was in a collision. However, based on what we heard, she may act differently when she wakes up.”

“What? Why?!” She just inhaled smoke, why would she act differently?!

“If she acts differently, it won’t be based on the fire, but her mental state. We were informed of her behavior while she was isolated. She was obviously unstable and near or at her breaking point.”

I knew she was breaking. He doesn’t have to tell me.

“Well, we’ll see her condition when she wakes up. We expect her to wake up sometime today.” He left and I sat back down.

Why did I let it go this far? I dropped my head in between my hands. I’m such an idiot! The second I saw Sohyun’s eyes changing, I should have done something! The door opened.

 

“Don’t beat yourself up…” Hyunseong said, coming in.

“Why not?! It’s my fault! Why didn’t I do something?!” I asked him, furious at myself.

“Yeah, it was your fault. Yeah, you should have done something. Either way, you have to make the best of this situation now.” He said calmly.

“Hyunseong-ah. Punch me.” I told him, seriously.

“What?!”

“Just hit me.”

“No! How’s that going to help anything?!” he yelled.

“It would help me!”

“Stop it! Sohyun-ah needs you to be there for her right now. Me beating you up won’t do anything!” He reasoned with me.

He’s right. I need to stay by Sohyun’s side now. I have no idea how she’ll act when she wakes up.

We sat for a few hours, just waiting.

 

“I think I should take Hea Jung home now. It’s really heartbreaking for her to be here; she doesn’t even want to see Sohyun-ah and is still sitting outside.” Hyunseong breathed out, getting up. “When she wakes up… I hope she’s back to her usual self… Call me when she wakes up.” He left.

I kept waiting. The reporters and paparazzi finally left, the noise disappeared. A nurse came in, “Sir, visiting hours are over, you have to leave now.” Another nurse quickly came in, whispering something to her. The first nurse had a shocked expression. “Oh sorry! I didn’t realize you were the husband!” They both left.

Well, I guess people shouldn’t know still. They can only guess…

 

Sohyun started to fidget a little. I sat next to her, hoping she would open her eyes. She didn’t. I waited longer, it was already past 4am. I didn’t want to fall asleep in case she woke up. I kept pinching myself, in attempt to keep awake.

It was almost 7 am and the sun was starting the shine through the windows. The doctor came in.

“She still hasn’t woken up?” he asked me.

“She moved a little around 4, but she never opened her eyes.” I said.

“Did you stay up all night?” He looked surprised.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Well, she should wake up today.” He left. I felt my phone vibrate.

 

“Hello?” I answered.

“Did she wake up yet…?”

“Not yet Hyunseong-ah. She moved a little through the night, but she never woke up.”

“You watched over her the whole time?! You must be tired!”

“Not really. I’m still waiting… I want to see her again.”

“What do you mean? She’s there.”

“I want to see the old her.”

“…You…You know, you might not see that one again.”

“That’s why I can’t sleep…I’m afraid I won’t see her ever again.”

“Youngmin-ah… Don’t worry. She’ll wake up and she act like normal again.” He tried to comfort me.

“Well I’ll talk to you later.” I hung up.

 I waited and waited even for the smallest movement from Sohyun.

 

It was past 5pm. Jin-Sang had brought me food and went back home with Bagels. The paparazzi came back, but dissipated as visiting hours ended at 8.

I was starting to drift into sleep. Two days without sleep…

“Mmm…” My eyes shot open. Sohyun groggily opened her eyes. She looked at me, closing her eyes again.

“Sohyun-shi! Are you awake!?” I anxiously asked. She opened her eyes again.

“You…” She started to feel the oxygen mask on her. She ripped it off, sitting up. She looked around confused.

“Sohyun-shi?” Her eyes darted back to me.

“Stay away.” She said coldly.

“Sohyun-shi…” I leaned closer.

“Stay away!” She screamed, getting up and backing into a corner as far away as possible from me. I slowly approached her.

“S-Sohyun-shi, it’s me Youngmin.” I was shocked by her actions.

“Don’t come closer!” She threw a book at my head. I should get someone here.

“I won’t come, don’t worry.” I assured her, slowly inching towards the door. She cautiously wielded another book. I quickly left, finding a nurse. She got the doctor and we went back to the room.

 

Sohyun had a stack of hospital books and magazines next to her. She stayed crouched in the corner, scared.

“Sohyun-shi. Are you afraid?” The doctor calmly asked her.

“D-Don’t come!” She yelled.

The doctor carefully took a step forward, and turned to me, realizing something.

“She’s talking to you.” He said, standing next to her.

He’s right. She doesn’t want me to come. She only wants to throw books at me and no one else. She…

“Keep him away!” She clung to the doctor’s arm.

“I will, don’t worry. We should go to another room, okay?” He said, calming her down. She agreed, hiding behind him as they walked past me to leave.

 

Sohyun POV

“I have someone I want you to meet, okay? She’s really nice!” The man spoke kindly. He had on a while coat. He’s a doctor, right? This is a hospital. We went into some room, sitting in a small room with a table.

“Hello, Sohyun-shi!” A lady smiled at me.

“Hello…” I nodded a little, “Why am I here?”

“We just want to know a little more about you,” She smiled, “Do you remember what happened a while ago?”

“Umm…a while ago?”

“Before you came here.”

“There was a fire… Someone threw rocks in the windows and then… Then they threw papers on fire in. I couldn’t put them out since they were in front of the windows…” I remember. All the noise…

“What else? Do you know this person?” She held up a picture.

“Ah, that’s Jin-Sang-shi. He’s my friend!” I said. “I haven’t seen him in a long time!”

“Really? How long?” she asked.

“I think it’s been months since I last saw him.”

“Hmm. And what about this person?”

“Ah! Hyunseong-ah! I haven’t seen him in an even longer time!” She picked up another picture. “Hea Jung! I wonder how she’s doing.” The lady and the doctor exchanged glances. Is something wrong?”

 

“And what about this person?” She held up another photo. I stood up.

“I don’t want to see that one.”

“When did you last see him?” she asked. That guy, he’s the one who hurt me. I don’t want to see him. “Do you remember him?”

“I don’t want to see him.” I crossed my arms.

“Why?”

“He hurt me. And the noise stayed with me because of him.” She looked confused.

“The noise?”

“It’s gone now, but I can still feel it buzzing.”

“Well, I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

Youngmin POV

“There…seems to be some hostility towards you.” The psychologist said. “She says she doesn’t want to see you because you hurt her and because of you 'the noise' stayed with her. I’m not exactly sure what she means, but she also mentioned that she hasn’t seen the people Hea Jung, Hyunseong, or Jin-Sang in a very long time. She remembers them as her friends, but she seems to think that she hasn’t seen them for months.”

I didn’t know what to say at all this sudden information.

“I suggest you leave for now and let us talk to her a bit more.”

“I’ll stay. I have to see her.” The woman went back inside. I waited outside, sitting in the waiting room.

What if Sohyun hates me now? I can’t even predict her thoughts. She was obviously scared of me when she woke up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...So sad... Sohyun's not in a good mental state right now. I wonder what can happen now; is there more behind this issue?

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~

I think I might update one more time today since I kind of have these chapters written in reserve haha