I'm Sorry. Don't Forgive Me.

Can't You Care A Little?

 

“Have you two seen the news today?” Jin-Sang said with a sad expression.

Youngmin rushed into his office, checking his laptop. What happened?

He came back a few minutes later, his expression more angry and stern again.

“What happened?” I asked. He didn’t say anything. I repeated my question.

He took my hand, pulled me to his room. He put me there, closing the door, not saying anything.

 

Youngmin POV

I closed her in the room, not wanting her to know the truth.

“You can’t hide it from her. She’s the one who’ll get most affected.” Jin-Sang said.

“It’s all my fault this happened. I want to keep her out of it.”

“Do you really think that’s possible Youngmin?” he asked. I didn’t say anything. “The media found out you have a girlfriend living here with you,” He tried to convince me, “You should be happy they don’t know it’s your wife and that you have a son!” he kept going. “And did you see the source of all this information? A Jae Hwa-shi. Does that ring a bell? That secretary!”

“I know! This is all my fault!! I know already!” I screamed back.

“Well, what are you going to do about it? You know people are going to start swarming the house again by tomorrow.”

“Do you think if I hide Sohyun-shi in the house, making sure she isn’t seen, I can repel the rumors?” I asked, not knowing what to do.

“It’s worth a shot… But leaving Sohyun-shi here every day hiding, not being able to go anywhere… Do you really want to do that?” he asked sadly.

“I don’t want to do that, but…I think we have to.” I thought to myself.

“For your mistakes, Sohyun-shi will have to suffer.” He said coldly. I know.

 

I went back to my room for Sohyun. She was sitting on the bed.

“Sohyun-shi…” I started.

“I already heard… These walls aren’t sound proof.” She said seriously.

“I’m sorry; it’s my fault that this happened.” I said, unable to say anything else against her solemn expression.

“I understand, I’ll just be playing hide and seek for a while.”

“Please don’t say it like that.” She seems so…calm. I’m freaking out on the inside, but she’s so composed.

She lay down. “You should sleep too,” she spoke. I lay down too, staring at her.

She faced the other direction, trying to sleep. I put my arm around her, bringing her closer to me.

She stayed silent.

“I’m sorry… I’m not doing a good job as your husband…” I softly voiced my thoughts.

“It’s not your fault. Your job as a husband is much harder than a normal one. You don’t need to focus on being a good one, but on the company.”

That last sentence felt like an icy punch.

 

Sohyun POV

I woke up, Youngmin gone as usual. I got up, hearing many screams and people outside. All the windows were covered with curtains.

Jin-Sang came in. “Sohyun-shi, do you need anything?” he asked more serious than usual.

“No, I’m fine.” I responded.

“By the way, I snuck Kyung out last night before people started showing up.

“Thank you.”

I sat next to the couch on the floor. Bagels soon came cuddling up to me.

“It’ll just be us for a while, okay?” I said petting him.

I sat there for the day, hearing chants, yells, and people’s bangs on the door.

At least Kyung was safe, probably with Hea Jung and Hyunseong.

I sat around, sleeping, waking up every now and then.

 

I woke up to a lot of noise, almost like a buzz. The front door was open, Youngmin coming inside. Jin-Sang was holding all the other people off. I never knew Jin-Sang was so strong…  He is quite old. I stayed hidden, unable to be seen.

He shut the door. Youngmin walked over, seeing me. He bent down in front of me. Bagels scratched his feet, upset.

Youngmin kept his eyes on mine. They were eyes of sadness and burden.

“Don’t worry,” I said, trying to ease his thoughts. “I’ll be fine; you just keep working like normal.” I smiled.

He leaned on my shoulder.

“How can I have such a strong wife…?” he asked. We went to sleep in a bit.

Youngmin was gone as usual in the morning. Noise outside again…

I sat in my corner, next to the couch. Bagels came over. There was nothing to do except sit here all day.

 

Days went by like this. Sitting in my corner with Bagels, Youngmin coming home late…with that sorry expression.

 

It’s been almost 2 weeks since I had a decent conversation with anyone. The noise from outside was stuck in my head, like it was engraved there.

 

Youngmin POV

I came home, wanting to see Sohyun. I miss seeing her. Not her sitting in the corner, but the old her. The one who smiled and laughed.

Every day I saw her in that corner. Every day her eyes looking less and less full of life.

I walked over to her. Her eyes lacking any signs of real life. She looked up at me. Her eyes looked grey and soulless.

I’m so sorry, Sohyun.

I’m sorry for everything.