Remember me, okay?

Can't You Care A Little?

 

Youngmin POV

Sohyun came back home, going straight upstairs without even returning my hello. I followed after her, wondering why she was being like that. I saw her putting her things down with a frown.

"Did something happen?" I asked. She nodded to my surprise.

"Our son has forgotten who I am."

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"He doesn't even know that I'm his mom… He thinks it's Hea Jung and cries when I touch him. His real mother."

"Are you being serious?" She nodded again. I guess babies tend to forget people when they stop seeing them. That doesn't explain why Kyung thinks Hea Jung is his mom though… Babies have to be taught to associate certain words with certain people; someone had to say it around him.

"YeahI'll try my best to see him everyday, if I can leave easily."

"Maybe you should go over there for a while."

"Do you think I could bring him here…? Then he can get used to you too."

"But then he might get upset; from the new environment."

"Yeah, but" I pat her head.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that if you start seeing him again, he'll get used to you."

"But he's calling Hea Jung his mom" She repeated the fact sadly.

"Is he calling Hyunseong his dad?" I asked, half jokingly.

"No"

"Then it's fine." I smiled to her softly, trying to lift her spirits a bit.

"Okay" Maybe I'm being a little insensitive. Her expression is so"Oh yeah, did your dad say anything else?"

"Ah. He said there is some rich party on Saturday. We should go."

"Yeah" I could tell she was deflated now. Most mother's would be devastated about their own son not only forgetting them, but calling another person their mom. I can try and bring Kyung here, but I'm sure he would be scared by the new place and would be even more unaccepting of Sohyun.

Not accepting her; that's why she's so upset. It's happening again; even with her own child.

"Sohyun" I took her hand in mine.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure you want to go to the party? We can always hold off the announcement until Kyung is back with us."

"No, it's nothing" Such a bad lair She's obviously upset and wants Kyung with her"Ah, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Um… Can we live in a different house?" I was a bit surprised by her wants.

"Hm? Why?"

"I just liked it better when it was you, me, Kyung, and Bagels with Jin-Sang. It was so much morecomfortable."

"Really~?" I joked around, happy that she wanted to live as a family, kind of like before. Now that I think about it, we really were like a little family haha.

 

Hyunseong POV

"Hea Jung…You have to leave." I said sternly.

"N-No!" She held onto Kyung tight, but I kept my ground today.

"He's Sohyun's child, not yours. You can be his aunt or something, but you can't be his mother!" I tried to take him away, getting kicked away by her feet. "Hea Jung! You can't do this! And not to Sohyun of all people!"

"Sh! You'll scare him!" She yelled, covering Kyung's ears, making him laugh and her smile. She must be delusional; something is wrong with this girl! "And what have I done to Sohyun? Huh? Nothing." I scoffed at her lie.

"You pretty much stole her child away from her! How is that nothing!"

"I didn't steal him"

"Hea Jung, you know what you're doing and you know you can't do this. You know what Sohyun has gone through in her life the best. In the end, she did it all for this child. She finally got something after being so hurt. She finally got some happiness!"

"And what about me?! Do you think I've been this happy person all my life?! I've had to stay with Sohyun since I was young! I never got much happiness either!"

"It's different though. You had the freedom to leave and do anything you wanted to when she didn't need you. You could have a life. She couldn't."

"B-But--"

"Hea Jung," I could see the tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry for yelling, but you have to stop this."

"But he even calls me his mom… I want him to be mine instead. Sohyun can't even take good care of him." I pat her head.

"She did her best until she couldn't anymore. Now, she's back, ready to love and care for him. You have to give him back." She was so resistant on the outside, but I knew she understood.

 

Youngmin POV

Sohyun's been going over to her house everyday to get closer with Kyung again. I don't know how much progress she's making. I wish I could go too. I still have to work from home even if I don't go to the office.

Apparently, my father wants me to lay low until the event on Saturday. I don't really mind, but I just pray that everything goes well for once. Like, Sohyun and I actually do our jobs and the media and others keep calm. Yeah right. They'll be making a big deal about this.

I'm sure that they'll just make a huge fuss and create some drama.

 

"Youngmin~!" Sohyun called from downstairs. I went over, seeing her with Kyung. "Hyunseong-ah told me to take him with me today!" She smiled so brightly. I know she's happy, but I can tell Kyung is a bit overwhelmed by the house.

"Ah. Let's take him outside." I said quickly before he started crying. The outside is the same everywhere, he shouldn't be too affected there.

"He's doing well today. He even let me pick up!" She told me excitedly as she played with him in the grass. "Can you believe it?"

"Haha, well you are his real mother. I'm sure he recognizes you in some ways."

"Maybe~"

"That's right, I forgot to ask you, but what's your favorite color?"

"Why?"

"Just answer."

"MmmI don't know." I sighed. "Why?"

"You need a dress for tomorrow."

"Oh yeah, the party. I almost forgot." She sat up. "What color would I look nice in?" I looked at her. Her light skin could look good with most bright colors. Her lips would match a darkish blue the best, and her black hair could match with anything.

"I think blue is the best on you."

"Really~?" She cooed with a smile. "Would I look good?"

"Of course~" We laughed at the cheesiness in the conversation. "So, does Kyung not know me too?" I asked, lying in the grass with the two of them.

"He knows you."

"Hm? How?"

"I taught him that; his first word."

"Really?" I wish she had taught him mom as his first word.

"Yup. Look." She picked Kyung up, facing him to me. "Kyung, who is that?" She asked him, pointing to me. I waited for a response, but it never came. "Ah… Maybe he needs a little more time to recognize you haha."

"Kyung." I bent down to his face, pointing to myself. "Dad." I directed his eyes over to Sohyun. "Mom." I repeated the phrases until he eventually got bored and played with the grass around him.

"I'm sure he'll get it soon." Sohyun said, smiling to him.

 

My phone started to ring. It was my father again. "Hello?" I answered.

"Youngminproblem." Oh, great. "So, about the event tomorrow… It's really tonight."

"What?!" I screamed, alerting Sohyun and scaring Kyung. "Ah, sorry" I said to them, getting up and walking back to the house. "Yah! Father! What's this about?!" I yelled, finding him in his office. I knew that he only called over a phone because he hates giving out bad news in person.

"WellI sort of got the date wrong ahaha." He laughed awkwardly, trying to smooth out the situation. It just made me sigh more. This type of thing always happens with him. "Anyway, you two should actually start getting ready to go soon."

"Aish, I don't have time to get Sohyun a dress" I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't worry. I got one ready before hand." Figures. I feel like he actually plans these little mishaps. "Both of your clothes are in the closet, now go get ready~" He smiled. I'm sure he did this all on purpose.