Open Your Eyes For Me...

Can't You Care A Little?

 

I couldn’t feel my feet, but I think they were running. The whole place was on fire. I tried running in, but some firefighters held me back.

“You can’t go in!” They yelled at me.

All the reporters were creating a buzz, the fangirls screaming to each other, paparazzi taking pictures. What’s wrong with these people?! They all belong in mental asylums.

I kept trying to run into the house, but the firefighters kept their hold on me.

A firefighter ran out with someone in his arms, covered in a blanket. Only the top quarter of her face was showing, her eyes closed.

He immediately handed her over to the ambulance, as people ran over with cameras. This is what they waited for.

The ambulance drove off. I was screaming for them to let me go. Was she alive? Paparazzi people came over to me, flashing in front of me. I couldn’t control my anger anymore. I smashed one of their cameras to the ground. “Get out of my way.”

I got in my car, speeding to the hospital. I ran in asking the desk lady where Sohyun was. She pointed. I sprinted down the hall. There was already a swarm of people there. The all came after me when they saw. Someone was outside the door, keeping people from entering. He let me in, knowing who I was.

 

I walked in. Doctors everywhere. Then all slowly left, but I didn’t notice. I stood by her side, her eyes still closed with an oxygen mask strapped to her face. A doctor came up to me, trying to tell me her condition.

“She inhaled so much smoke. Apparently she wouldn’t leave the house when the firefighters came in. But she soon fainted from inhaling too much smoke.” He kept talking, but I could only hear Sohyun’s soft breathing against the oxygen mask. He soon left too, leaving us alone.

I stood over her. My tears fell on her pillow. This idiot… Why didn’t she just leave when they came in.

The door opened, it was a nurse.

“Sir, there are two other patients concerning you that have arrived.” She said, leading me to another room.

Jin-Sang also lay in a bed, but he was awake and sitting up.

“Jin-Sang…” He saw the tears running down my face, sitting with open arms. He tried to comfort me.

“Don’t cry. You have to be strong in such a situation.” He said patting my head.

“Jin-Sang, why didn’t she just leave…?” I asked him.

“I’m sure she wanted to protect your secret until she no longer could.”

“Sir, there is one more patient, he’s doing well.” The nurse led me to another room. “We couldn’t treat him much since this is just a regular hospital, but we treated him a little. However, he seemed to have only gotten burns and not have inhaled the smoke as much.”

I saw Bagels sitting on a table, meowing. I picked him up. He didn’t attack today. “I’m happy that you’re doing fine,” I smiled a little, hugging him.

I went back to Jin-Sang’s room.

“I’m fine, go to where you really want to be.” He said with some attitude.

I went back to Sohyun’s room. She was still unconscious. The doctors said they’ll know if she’s fine once she wakes up.

I looked at her hands, trying to distract myself from the oxygen mask attached to her face.

Her fingers were so frail and delicate. Were they always like this? I pulled up a chair next to her.

Her hair felt more brittle than I remembered, no longer as silky. There was a loud noise outside the door, as it opened.

The man guarding outside asked if I knew these two people. It was Hyunseong and Hea Jung. I nodded as he let them in.

 

Hyunseong POV

I went in, immediately grabbing Youngmin’s collar.

“How the hell could you let this happen?!” I screamed. “I was already worried when I heard Sohyun would be under lock down at your house! This is just too…” I was so furious I wanted to punch him, but then I saw how watery his eyes were. I let him go.

“Sohyun!” Hea Jung shrieked with tears in her eyes. She’s known Sohyun forever; she must be shocked seeing her in a hospital bed like this.

Youngmin sat next to Sohyun, just staring down at her. He looked past the point of shocked, it’s like he was paralyzed.

After a while me and Hea Jung went to the cafeteria down stairs to get food. Youngmin was still sitting next to Sohyun, motionless.

 

Youngmin POV

I’m sorry…I’m so sorrySohyun…Please wake up…