Joining Infinite

my love, it hurts me
Sookyung's pov:

*Riiiing* I stood up and cleaned up my table. I packed up and left the classroom before any of the other students. I took out my IPod and scrolled through my list of song, finally choosing on a maroon5 song. I strolled out of the school gates and just wandered around the neighbourhood. It was too early to go home. Plus, I had nothing to do at home except for homework. As I strolled around the neighbourhood, I found myself in a park. I looked around me to find myself alone. *Great, some privacy* I sat under a maple tree and started to sing. I've always wanted to be a singer but my parents never approved it. But, instead of fighting for my dream, I just gave it up. Now, singing is just a hobby to me. I was singing passionately and I didn't realise how long I spent under that tree. Before I knew it, It was already dark. *Guess I should go home now* As i stood up to leave, I heard rustling noises above me. Suddenly, Dongwoo landed right infront of me, literally.
*Holy ! what the heck was that?!* I was too stunned to move. I didn't even dare to breath. Finally, Dongwoo squirmed on the ground, relieving my fears. * I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD!* I quickly helped him up and brought him to my house.

When we entered my house, I just dumped him on the sofa. I didn't know what to do! That idiot is unconscious, and I'm here standing around trying to figure out what to do. Finally, I thought of an idea. I ran into the bathroom and came out with a pail. *Well, this always worked on tv, so might as well try it!* I flung the cold water inside the pail onto Dongwoo's face. Incredibly, the plan worked! Dongwoo jerked up from the shock and looked around warily. When he saw me, he began to relax.
"Where am I? What happened? How did I get here? Do the other guys know I'm here? Did you do something to me?! WHY THE HELL AM I WET?!" He started spurting questions but I wasn't able to answer any of them.
" YA! SHUT UP!" I shouted at him. He finally calmed down and became silent. I started to explain everything that happened
"So, why were you on that tree? Did you hear anything?" I finally asked the important question. He looked at me guiltily and began to explain himself.
"I was on my way home when I saw you all alone. I thought of asking you to lunch and if you wanted to play some soccer. But, you never responded when I called for you. So I chased after you. When you reached the park, I thought of hiding to surprise you. But suddenly, you started singing. I'm surprised, Sookyung. I never imagined you coukd sing. I reckoned you're as good as Woohyun or Sungkyu. So, do you want to join Infinite?" He looked at me with what seemed to be puppy dog eyes, hoping I would accept the offer. I had to admit, it would be nice if people could hear my singing. Plus, I might even be able to impress Tiffany!
"But I don't think you should invite me so easily like that. Don't you have to get the leader's permission first?" He nodded his head as if I had just reminded him something. Suddenly, his phone rang, breaking the silence.

" Oh hyung! Good timing! I was just about to call you. Huh? I'm late for practice? Okay okay.... I'll be there soon." He ended his call amd looked at me. "Hey Sookyung, I'm going to meet the members now. Do you want to come? Watch us practice before you decide whether you want to join us?". I just agreed to it, thinking it would be fun to watch them practice. Who know's maybe I could join them.

"1...2...3..4! Woohyun! you're out of position! Come on man! The talent show is in a months time! We can't afford to mess up now!" I watched as Sungkyu scolded Woohyun *Wow, I never thought that the kind hamster Sungkyu could turn into something so strict!* I observed all the member's faces. They were all tired and sleepy. They were training for three hours straight, and more before I arrived. Man, these guys are hardcore. They were all practicing for the talent show next month. I had passed my 'audition' to join Infinite, but now, I was starting to regret it. My whole body was tired and sore. I had never worked as much as this before! * Why did i even listen to Dongwoo?!* Finally, it was time to go home. I was really looking forward to a nice hot shower and my soft bed, when Sungkyu called me to stay back.
"Hey Sookyung! Could you sing again? I just want to make sure I made the right choice in letting you join." I just shrugged my shoulders and dropped my bag on the floor. I warmed up my throat and prepared to sing

(Here Sookyung is singing to payphone by maroon5)
I know it's hard to remember, the people we used to be.
It's even harder to picture, that you're not here next to me.
You said it's too late to make it, but is it too late to try?
And in that time that you wasted all of our bridges burnt down, I've wasted my life, you turned out the lights, now I'm paralysed
Still stuck in that time, when we called it love, but even the sun sets in paradise~
I'm at a payphone~ trying to call home, all of my change I spent on you.
Where have the times gone?~ Baby it's all wrong~ Where are the plans we made for two~

I stopped singing and looked at Sungkyu's face. He looked at me with a satisfied face and smiled at me
" C'mon! We are going for dinner with the rest! It's gonna be a party welcoming you too Infinite!"