my first beer

my love, it hurts me
"Hey Sookyung, wake up." I could hear someone calling my name. His voice was so distant yet so clear. His voice was undoubtedly recognizable and I knew straight away that it was Kikwang hyung. I tried to respond to him, tried to speak but no matter what I tried, nothing came. My eyelids were heavy, and my whole body was numb. Again, I tried to speak but I could only manage a grunt. In the end, I gave up and stopped trying. My mind was blank, the silence deafening. I just let my mind wander. Memories flew past like a flash. The laughter, the smile I shared with infinite. The adventures I had with Tiffany. The fight with Myungsoo. Something tugged at my heart. Guilt? Sorrow? I don't even know anymore. The more time I spent in that limbo, the stronger that feeling got until it reached a point where I couldn't take it anymore. The feeling was overwhelming, and it made me wake up from my 'sleep'

I was sweating from head to toe. My shirt was wet and my hair was damp. I closed my eyes, the images still haunting me. Combing my fingers through my hair, I let out a sigh. My shoulders were heavy, my body overcome with fatigue. I tried to stand up when a sharp pain ran down my spine. I couldn't breath and my legs gave way. I toppled to the floor, clutching my sides. I realised that my body was heavily wrapped with bandages. I stayed in that position, trying to catch my breath. Clutching my sides, I pulled myself up. Again, a sharp pain ran down my spine but I endured it. With short gasps, I shuffled my way out of the room.

" Kikwang hyung! Hyung? Junhyung hyung? Dongwoon hyung? Where are you guys?" I leaned against doorframe, calling out to the hyungs. After the fourth cry, I tried to walk out to the living room. With my arms against the wall, I dragged myself out to the kitchen. The house was dead quiet. It was unusual since the Beast members were always noisy. No matter how many times I called out, Noone responded. Limping my way to the kitchen, I saw a note on the dining table. I quickly took it and read it.


To:Sookyung

Hey Sookyung. Sorry but the beast members and I had to leave. How did you even get injured so badly? Anyway, I left food for two days in the kitchen. I'll be back soon, so try not to get into anymore trouble.
your bro
Kikwang

I placed the note on the table. I needed to relax. I needed a way to relieve my stress right now. I was in pain, emotionally, physically and mentally. I opened the fridge, and saw the beer that Kikwang hyung and Junhyung hyung always drank. They always said it helped relieve the burden and stress they had from their schedule. *I could use that right now* I took three cans and opened one up. I took a small sip, wary of how it tasted. I couldn't taste anything so I took a gulp of beer. The liquid burned my throat and my insides. My insides were starting to heat up and I could feel my temperature rising. I took another sip, and another and within minutes, I finished the first can. At this point, I could feel my senses coming back to my body. I could move them properly and I had full control over it. I took a few more cans, placed them in a plastic bag and walked out. I needed some fresh air.

As I sat at the park, I hugged down two more cans of beer. I was starting to lose my focus. My vision was starting to waver but I was certain I still had full control over my body. I took another can, and just looked up at the sky. The blue sky seemed so mesmerising, and clouds looked like cotton candy. I smiled, the first genuine smile I had in quite a long time. I decided I needed to walk, to shake off this dizziness. With my trusted beer, I walked of in an unknown direction. I didn't know where I was going. My steps were unstable, and I nearly collapsed onto the ground twice. I decided I had enough beer, and threw the rest in a can. My mind was blank. I couldn't think, and my eyes were becoming hazy. My steps were heavy, and my head was pounding. My stomach wasn't feeling so good. Somehow, I found myself in front of a house. I knocked at the door rather roughly. I pounded at the door after a few seconds, yet I had no idea what I was doing. Suddenly, the door flew open and I could see a silhouette. I looked at the person, trying to focus at their face. My Stomach wasn't feeling very good, and I could feel something coming up. I suddenly bent over and vomitted all over the floor, before collapsing.

I heard a door open and close. Though it was an everyday sound, it seemed much more louder and annoying than usual. I tried to open my eyes but the lights blinded me. My head was so sore and I had a horrible headache. Clutching my head, I sat up. It took me awhile before I realise I was on a bed. It seemed chilly and I tried to huddle myself together. That was when I realised I was half-.

"Argh!" I let out a scream but quickly covered my mouth. Snippets of what happened yesterday came flooding back. *So I was drunk. And I collapsed at a strangers house after vomiting on their floor...... Nice Sookyung. Nice. Did they clean me up too?* I tried to look for my clothes, so that I could leave quickly. I tried to sneak out, making sure that the owner wasn't around. Just when I was at the door,

"Just where do you think you're going Sookyung!" That voice. That angelic voice. I turned around sure enough there she was. Tiffany.