28

my love, it hurts me
" Tiffany! Why are you still here? Is anyone fetching you home?" A smooth voice interrupted our moment. I could not believe who it was. We just looked at him in disbelief as Myungsoo walked towards us. He seemed relax, and as though the past events never happened. I quickly withdrew my arms and positioned myself between him and Tiffany.

" What are you doing here?" Somehow, I felt as though I shouldn't trust him. I felt the urge to shield Tiffany from him.

" Well sungyeol told me you woke up from your coma so I wanted to visit. But visiting hours was already over. I was on my way home when I saw you two here. Are you going home alone Tiffany?" Without letting her answer, he grabbed her wrists and offered to take her home. I quickly jumped forward, grabbing his shoulders to stop them.

" Taeyeon and Jessica are coming to fetch her. You don't have to trouble yourself." I glared at him, not loosening my grip on him.

" No its fine. I'll send her home. Its no fuss at all." He simply brushed my hand off and walked off with her in hand. I couldn't do anything as I watched Tiffany reluctantly walking off with him. She glanced at me with a look screaming 'help me'. I leaned on the wall, sighing as I clutched my ribs. I slowly trudged back to my ward, walking past a store selling gifts. Something from the display caught my eye and made me stop. Looking at the gift, a smile etched on my face as an idea hatched In my head.

I sat on my bed, calling taeyeon. I needed to tell her she didn't have to come.

'WHAT?! YOU LET HER GO HOME WITH MYUNGSOO?!?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN? WHAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS? WHAT IF HE DIES SOMETHING????' Her screaming was giving me a headache and her nagging was seriously loud.

" Nuna, Nuna, Taeyeon Nuna! Relax, just trust L for a moment. I'm as worried as you." Luckily, I managed to calm her down. Her nagging was just as bad as Sungkyu hyung.
* What does Sungkyu hyung see in her* I hung up on her, not wanting to hear her lectures and nagging. I the tv and sprawled onto the bed. My back was aching and my neck was throbbing. I could feel the painkillers wearing off. My rib are was starting to heat up and any slight movement gave me pain. I quickly called for the nurse for my painkillers. As I waited for the nurses, I stared at my phone's wallpaper. While I was in my coma, Tiffany had changed my phone's wallpaper to a picture of both of us. We were both smiling as I had her in my embrace. I still remember that moment. It was her birthday and I promised her I'd take her to an amusement park.

" You look like a fool." The voice snapped me back to reality. I looked at the only other patient in the room. The old man gave a chuckle as he looked at me. I quickly fixed my expression. The old man continued laughing as my nurse came and gave my painkillers.

" So, was that girl you're girlfriend?" The question surprised me and I nearly choked on my medicine.

" Wh-what?"

" You didn't hear my question? Was the girl you were hugging on your bed while you two slept your girlfriend?? Hahaha" He gave a hearty laugh as he observed my face. I could feel the blood rushing up to my face. It suddenly became hot in the room.

" N-no. She isn't my girlfr-"

" Aaah young love. I still remember my first love..... She was so lovely."

" Ahjussi, she isn't my first love or my girlfriend"

" Hahaha it doesn't matter if she's your first love or third or tenth. What matters is if she's your last. Hahaha" At that moment, I decided to go to sleep. As I slowly drift to sleep, the old man's words lingered in my mind.

* She id definitely the last one. My last love*