33

my love, it hurts me
Sookyung's POV:

My whole body was tired and the painkillers were making me sleepy so it wasn't a surprise I slept quickly last night. It might have been the painkillers, but I didn't dream while I was asleep. I just felt peaceful and serene. But my sleep was disturbed when there was a slight tug at my sleeve. I just wanted to sleep so I ignored the tugging but it soon became persistent. It could have been the nurse so I had to give a response.

" Uuggghhh......"
That was all I could manage as a response. I was too tired.

" Is that how you respond to a girl?!"
There was only one person who could sound like that. My brother. I gave a long sigh and tried to open my right eye. The lights flare blinded me for a while but I saw 5 figures. 5 visitors already? It took me some time before my eyes adjusted. It took me another few more minutes to recognise who was there. But I recognised Tiffany right away before I looked at my brother.

" Hey hyung.... How are you?"
I could see the worry and anger in my brothers eyes. Sure enough, he began lecturing and scolding me. He used words and curses I never knew existed before. I knew I had it coming but it was still embarrassing considering Tiffany was right there beside me. I glanced at her and just looking at her made me smile.

" You are one big bag of trouble you know that? I don't know. You have such horrible luck! Sometimes, I wonder if you were some kind of villain in you previous life."
I smiled at that. Sometimes, I thought the same thing. My bad luck is ridiculous sometimes. But then again, I guess I have good luck too, since I got to meet Tiffany.

" Well..... I can't do anything now. I just hope you recover fast and come back home. The rest were worried sick so I brought some of them here."
Junhyung and Yoseob hyung smiled while Dongwoon hyung winked at me and gave me a thumbs up. Even Kikwang hyung Gave me an ok sign. It was obvious they were talking about Tiffany, who was just sitting there awkwardly.

" Well we'll be on our way. Yoseob and I have a schedule to go to while Junhyung has to go meet his girlfriend. I can have Dongwoon to stay here if you want or...."

They laughed at his 'joke' but quickly left. Dongwoon excused himself to go to the cafeteria. Well that hyung loves to eat so it wasn't a surprise. I was finally left alone with Tiffany. I saw that she was wearing that bracelet I gave her. I was surprised case she never used It before. She must have realised I was looking at the bracelet cause she started fidgeting with it.

" I guess you're wondering why I'm wearing this huh?"
I could only nod my head.

" Well its nothing much. Its just that while you were in a coma, I was scared that you'll be gone. I was so scared and worried. I just needed something to remind me of you and this bracelet was that thing."
She started sobbing and I could see her eyes getting moist. I didn't want to see her cry so I moved forward and hugged her.

" There, there. Important thing is I'm alright right? So don't get so upset and smile! I'm fine now and I'll always be here okay?"
I cupped her face and smiled. We started talking and she told me about infinite and that they were having their comeback soon. She herself was going to debut with a solo album. I was more excited about her news than about infinite. I finally felt happy and blissful. Talking to her, my pain and soreness disappeared. She was my painkiller in a way. But, all good things can't last long. After about three blissful hours with her, she told me she needed to go practice for her debut.

" Good luck! And don't forget about me!"
I watched as she walked out reluctantly. I could see that she didn't want to leave. She stood at the entrance of the ward telling me what to do and not to do. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute she was. In the end, Taeyeon had to call her to get her to leave. I slumped back into my bed and closed my eyes. I was still tired since Kikwang had to disturb my sleep. Suddenly I heard footsteps. I thought it was Tiffany again, that she had come back.

" C'mon Tiffany, you have to go for practice or else Taeyeon would be pissed."
I didn't open my eyes and just continued resting.

" Oh no, I'm not Tiffany."

My body froze when heard the voice. I had no doubts. My eyes flew open and there he was. Myungsoo.

" Nice to see you again Sookyung."