I can treat you....

my love, it hurts me
Hoya's POV:

I checked my watch for what seemed like the tenth time, before looking back at the line in front of me. If the line doesn't move, we'd be late for the movie! Oh why did Tiffany even want popcorn in the first place. Plus, I'm the one paying. For everything. I can feel my wallet getting lighter by the minute. We're not even halfway through the day too.

" Hoya, will you relax! We'll be inside before the movie starts okay? This will just take a minute..... Or two."
Her words weren't convincing, but I calmed down when wrapped her arms around mine and leaned on my body. I felt embarrassed. I saw people looking at us. I heard a few giggles from a group of girls near us.

" Look at them, they look good together" " Now I'm sure they are dating" " He's sooo handsome"

I'm not even sure how Tiffany seemed oblivious at what these girls were saying. Sure, I liked it, but we aren't dating, and I didn't want people to misunderstand. After what seemed like ages, we finally reached the counter and bought Tiffany her popcorn. When. I was about to pay, I looked at my money for the last time. I didn't want to see it go. My hard earned money.....
I could feel the tears welling in my eyes as the cashier took my money. It was only when Tiffany tugged my shirt did I snap back to reality

" Thank you, come again! Have a nice date!"
His words made my face go red. I was pretty sure Tiffany heard that but I guess not. She was already walking towards the theater. I had to jog to catch up with her. We entered the theatre hall just as the movie was starting. Well, at least we skipped the annoying advertisements.

Halfway trough the movie, I was still lost. I had no idea what this movie was about. Truthfully, I didn't really care about the movie. I just wanted to spend some time with Tiffany, and she suggested this movie. I just sat there, looking at ths screen blankly. Occasionally, I'd turn to look at Tiffany, just to see her engrossed with the movie. She must have enjoyed the movie a lot cause a smile was stuck on her face throughout the movie. Seeing he happy, I felt happy myself, ignoring the fact I used nearly 30 bucks already. Suddenly, I felt something against my arm. I turned to see Tiffany laying her head on my shoulders. She was crossing her arms and I could see the Goosebumps on her arms. I couldn't help but chuckle a little. I took of my jacket and placed around her. She seemed surprised at first, but she quickly took my jacket. She must be reeeeally cold. I wrapped my arms around her for extra measure. We stayed that way till the movie ended.


We were walking along the park, watching kids and their families play. We were on our way to a restaurant after the movie. My heart became heavier at the thought of spending more money. But, this was all for Tiffany so its worth it. As we walked through the park, I saw a couple snuggling against each other on a bench. They looked very much in love, hugging each other, staring into each others eyes. I could see the sadness in Tiffany's eyes. She was definitely thinking of that mustard Myungsoo again. I looked away and slowed down, making some distance between me and her. Watching her back as he walked ahead of me, I pat the inside of my jacket. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I realised the box was still there. I quickly jogged to her to catch up. In my mind, I was praying that it'll go as planned. And take her mind off of Myungsoo.

" STOP ORDERING FOR MORE MEAT!! I'M NOT RICH OKAY!!"
I flicked her head to stop her from calling the waiter. She looked at me with an expression of shock and anger. Instead of listening to me, she called the waiter again and ordered two more serving! We started bickering and stealing each others share of meat, acting like small children. A small part of me felt a sense of nostalgia. Those memories of us as kids, they were the only things I've ever kept of Tiffany. Suddenly, my instincts perked up. My senses became alert, as though something or someone dangerous was close by. This animal instinct was what made the rest call me a beast. I looked around, eyeing everyone. I scanned the place till the last detail. Everything seemed fine until I saw him. That guy from this morning. His face was covered by a mask and a cap. But I had a feeling I saw him before. He was looking at the menu, and I saw this as an opportunity. I grabbed Tiffany's arm and dragged her out. I gave the cashier 50 dollars and left, not waiting to get the change. Luckily, the stalker didn't see us leave. As we walked down the pavement, Tiffany was still glaring at me. Before I could try to explain, she began beating my arms and back. I didn't know she was that strong! She turned and walked off towards the Han river.

" Tiffany wait! Come on!! Wait for me! I'm sooorryy!!"
I tried to show her what little aegyo I had. I hated it, buy I needed her to stop walking away. I needed to talk her. She stopped suddenly and turned around and glared at me. I slumped on to a bench and asked her to sit down with me. She reluctantly sat down beside me, putting some distance between us. She wouldn't look at me and stared at the calm water. I sighed looked at the stars instead.

" Its a nice night, don't you think?"
She still wouldn't look at me, but she gave a small nod. We didn't talk for a few minutes. I continued looking at the stars while she looked at the river. I stole a glance at her direction. She looked calm, and less angry. But I knew what was going on in her mind. She was hiding the sadness she's feeling right now. This was where Myungsoo and Tiffany started going out. This was where he confessed. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul. If that was true, then Tiffany's soul is shattered, broken down and depressed.

" You're thinking of him huh?"
It was a taboo subject, definitely, so I need to fix it. Immediately. She merely nodded her head, still staring at the river.

" Look, I know its pointless to say anything to help. I can see you really loved him. What he did was.... Unforgivable. So saying you should forget him is stupid. But still, that's the only way. Letting him stay in your heart, letting him torture your heart, its stupid. Saying you should forget him may sound annoying, but its the only way. Leave him behind! Stop thinking about him! I know its hard to do it alone..... So let me help you!"
I stood up and faced her. Tears were slowly welling up in her eyes. Her fists were clenched tightly.

" How? How will you help me Hoya?"

She looked at me with pleading eyes. I could see the doubt in her eyes. I dropped down to my knees in front of her. I looked up at her surprised face, straight into her eyes.

" I may not be as good looking as Myungsoo, nor am I a great singer as him. He may have been your boyfriend, but I'm your best friend. I know you better! I can treat you better!"
I took out the box and opened it, offering it to her, a diamond necklace shaped as a diamond.

" Tiffany, I-"
My voice faltered. She still didn't say anything. The shock on her face was evident. I steeled myself, and tried again.

" HWANG MIYOUNG! I LOVE YOU!"