softly

my love, it hurts me
I walked around, looking for Tiffany. I needed to do it today, I just feel like I have too. Searched all the rooms but she wasn't there. Only people I saw in the rooms were sungkyu hyung and taeyeon nuna. I sat at the balcony, sipping my Pepsi. I looked at the small pink bag by my side, and I started to rethink my decision. I sipped my Pepsi again and gazed outside. I watched the empty streets, cars zooming past quickly. There weren't much people on the streets at night, except for the occasional couple or teenagers.

" Hey, why are you out here?"

I was so busy looking at the streets I didn't notice her behind me. I was so surprised I nearly dropped my drink. I turned around and finally found her. The girl who has stolen my heart. She looked beautiful, standing in front of me, the and causing her hair to cover her face. Her face blushed as admired her, The dress she was wearing accentuatting her figure. I just stood there, mesmerized by her. I couldn't utter a single word. She the hair out of her face and smiled at me. That angelic smile melted my heart, and my knees. I somehow managed a smile in response.

" Hey Tiffany. You're looking...... Beautiful tonight."

I felt compelled to compliment her even more. She looked like A goddess, the perfect girl. My dream girl.

" Taeyeon said you had something to give me?"

I finally remembered my gift. I frantically looked around for it. Her presence was making me flustered and unorganized. I finally found the pink bag on the chair I was sitting, and quickly grabbed it. I was mentally facepalming myself for forgetting about it.

" Uhh... Ummmm its nothing much. Its just something for me to thank you for visiting me at the hospital everyday."

I was so shy giving the bag to her. I felt like A middle schooler again, confessing to his crush. I couldn't look at her in the eye. Instead, I was looking at the ground. I heard her giggle a little before she took the small pink bag.

" Oh my god! Its so cuute!!"

I didn't know how to react. I just scratched the back of my head and smiled. I was elated that she liked it. She was holding a small pink teddy bear in her hands. I knew her love for stuffed toys was immense but she already had tons, so I thought she wouldn't like another teddy bear. So, bought another gift along with the bear. Finally, she noticed it. The chain necklace and locket around the bear's neck. She looked at me, confusion and surprise etched on her face. She had opened the locket, and there was a picture of me and Tiffany together.

" Look, I have to tell you something. You think we can go somewhere private?"

She weakly nodded her head, so I quickly lead her out.


We strolled down the walkway towards the park. My hands were in my pocket, sweating like crazy. I was whistling a tune while we were walking, trying to fill up the awkward silence. We never had an awkward silence while we were at the hospital. We always had something to talk or joke about, but this time, we didn't know what to say. A strong gust of wind brushed past us, and I could see Tiffany folding her arms, trying to keep herself warm. Even though she was wearing a jacket herself, she still seemed a little cold. I took off my coat and scarf and wrapped them around her. She was surprised by my gesture, and gave me a beaming smile. I felt my face flush and quickly looked away, not wanting her to see me blush. Finally, we reached the place.

" You still remember this place?"

I turned and asked her. I sat down on a bench and gestured for her to sit beside me.

" Yeah. This was where you always visited to just sit and relax. We haven't been here for a long time...."

I noticed her fingers fidgeting and the bracelet I gave her on her birthday. Another silence filled the air. Finally, I mustered up the courage.

" Do you... Do you want to know the reason why I brought you here?"

She didn't say anything. Instead, she was looking at the bracelet. It seemed as though all her attention was directed at the bracelet. Finally, she gave a small nod.

" I brought you here because I needed the perfect place to... Do something. I needed a place where we had a lot of good.... And bad memories. Memories that stayed in our minds and hearts."

I could feel my heart thumping louder after each word I said. My chest felt really heavy, as though all my emotions were swelling up in there.

" Look, I'm not good with words..... And I'm not a guy who confesses much. I usually mess up my words And end up makin a fool out of myself. But, I want you to know how I feel about you. And I want you to feel the same way as I do...."

As I spoke, I moved closer to her face, my fingers directing her to look at me. When I finished speaking, we were merely inches away from each other, looking eye to eye. I hesitated, but only for a split second. I moved in closer and her eyes closed in anticipation. I closed mine as well, moving closer and closer till I felt it. The soft plump lips of hers on mine. I kissed her, softly.