time?

my love, it hurts me
Hoya's POV:

I knelt there for what seemed an eternity. My arms trembled as her eyes I stared into her watery eyes. The necklace, it seemed so heavy, weighing my arms down. Her lips trembled and her body was stiff. A mere whimper was all she could summon. My breathing got heavier as I awaited her words.

" Wh..... Why?"

Her words came out as a whisper, but it was loud enough for my ears to catch. Tears were streaming down her cheeks now, even though she was trying to hold it in. For some odd reason, I smiled.

" Must I have a reason to love you? Must I really explain to you why I am head over heels for you? Because I have a list of reasons why!"

I stood up and faced the Han river. Fresh air filled my lungs as my body suddenly felt invigorated. I felt confident and unafraid.

" Well Tiffany?"

" Its..... Its not the right time yet Hoya..... I don't think I'm ready yet."

I spun around and dropped to my knees. I spread my arms out as I raised my voice.

" You're only saying that because you are still stuck with the past! Its not that you can't forget about him! Its because you don't want to! YOU DON'T WANT TO GET OVER HIM!"

I finally said it. The words I've been keeping within me for a long time. My chest feels lighter, void of worries and stress. For the first time, I felt light. My arms fell to my sides as I stared at Tiffany's shocked face. It was obvious she had been denying this fact. Her face conflicted, whether to deny the truth, or accept it. Her brain was waging war against her heart, and I was hoping her brain would win for once.

" Give me time. Time to think. Please?"

She stood up and was ready to leave. He eyes gave nothing away, and I noticed her her bracelet. Sookyungs bracelet.

" Time? You need more time? How long! An hour? A day, a week, a month or even a year?! Tiffany, I have waited 9 years, 9 tortuous years for me to confess to you right now, and I am willing to wait another 9 years for you to say yes!"

She stared at me. Astonished, not believing what she heard.

" Nine?...... Nine years?.... Hoya... I..."

I braced myself. Expecting the worst. At this point, I didn't care if she accepted or rejected my proposal, so long she gives me an answer. I felt satisfied for now, already revealing my feelings to the one I loved.

" Hoya..... I'm sorry"