Chapter 5

Because It's You

On the bus.

 

When Sooyoung and Seohyun put their distracting items away, neither of them said a word to each other for a few minutes. You could just feel the awkward, Sooyoung thought with a small smile. " Unnie, what are you smiling about?" Seohyun asked innocently. "Huh? Oh, just thinking of things," said Sooyoung. "So, unnie, what have you been up to these days?" asked a curious Seohyun. How I am supposed to answer to that?

"You know this and that. Schedules being hectic. And the usual practicing of vocal lessons, piano lessons, and school." answered Sooyoung. " What about you, maknae?" Seohyun stuttered," Same as you, but except the piano lessons though." There was another moment of silence when Seohyun decided to speak up, " Is there anything wrong, unnie?" Yes, everything is wrong. And that everything is me, Sooyoung thought. " Why do you ask?" Sooyoung said out loud. Seohyun put on a brave face and said," Sooyoung -unnie, you have acting not like yourself. I'm deeply worried about you, unnie. Are you okay? Are you happy?"

I'm not okay. I'm far from happy. "I'm content. You don't have to worry about me. I'm okay. I'm fine! See?" smiled Sooyoung. Seohyun saw right through that fake smile. I don't want to force her to say anything. I can see you are not okay, Sooyoung-unnie. Defeated, Seohyun sighed and said, " If you want to talk, remember I'm always here for you." Sooyoung nodded and said, " Remember you don't have to worry about me, okay? I should be the one worrying about you, you are our baby." After saying this, Sooyoung caressed Seohyun's cheek and pushed locks of hair out of her face. She also gave the group's maknae a  reassuring kiss on the cheek.

All the members eyes widened by Sooyoung's action to the youngest member. They were engulfed with jealously, all of them thinking the same thing. Our maknae just has to get everything! Sooyoung always used to kiss me on the cheek! I want Sooyoung's attention too! I never knew Sooyoung can be so caring... All seven members are seeing Sooyoung in a new light. How caring she was, how she stood up for their group, how much she loves them for themselves... The eight never appreciated Sooyoung and barely starting to appreciate her now.

 

With Seohyun and Sooyoung.

Sooyoung- unnie just kissed me on the cheek. I am dreaming... Seohyun brought out her hand to her cheek and her cheeks were tinting pink from blushing. Sooyoung turned around and stated," Are you sick, Seo?" bringing her hand to her forehead. " Unnie, I'm okay. I just think I'm getting car sick, that's all," Seohyun said softly. "You should just sleep then, you can even rest your head on my shoulder," Sooyoung offered. Seohyun nodded her head and began to drift off into the land of dreams.

While Seohyun sleeping quietly, Sooyoung began to grow bored since the bus ride is so long. She then thought and took out her book of hers and began to draw. She began to draw Seohyun. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps... So cute! She chuckled with the faces Seohyun made while sleeping and she muttered, "Saranghae... Soo-So..." Sooyoung was taken back a little bit and continued on her drawing. When she was done, she put her journal down and wanted to sleep too. By the time she closed her eyes, Sooyoung was sound asleep.

Hyoyeon and Tiffany were the first to notice Sooyoung was sleeping and her journal unattended. Tiffany whispered to her, " Should we take a look while she is sleeping?" Hyoyeon nodded and whispered back, "This could be our only chance!" Hyoyeon went quietly by the sleeping pair and tried her best not to wake them up. Just when Hyoyeon was about to grab it, Sooyoung started to stir. Hyoyeon's and Tiffany's eyes widened and began to freak out quietly. They were quickly noticed by the awake members.

Sooyoung just moved to be comfortable for Seohyun and continued her slumber. In a quickness, Hyoyeon grabbed it and went over where Tiffany was sitting. Tiffany announced softly," We have approximately two hours and thirty minutes, Hyo!" Hope we have enough time!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: You guys are the best. I also noticed you guys use the words "emo" and please try to refrain yourself from using it. I personally suffer from depression and self harm. Enjoy!