Chapter 9

99% Males 1% Females

            Lu Han woke up, startled.  He quickly sat up in the bed and looked around the room.  The TV and the lights were left on.  He let out a sigh.  At least the blinds were closed.  Lu Han looked down at Mia. 

Her body was turned facing him and he could see goose bumps on her skin.  The two had fallen asleep without the covers on and the room got chilly.  Lu Han generously pulled the covers over Mia and got off her bed.  He turned the TV off and lay down on his bed.  He looked over at the clock.  8:23 AM.

            I slept with her the whole night?, he thought.  He knows that he’s not the type to like to share beds with people.  Period.

            Lu Han shook his head and ran his hand through his hair.  Damn…  We were totally drunk.

            He thought about doing something nice and decided to order food with room service.  As soon as he hung up the phone, Mia stirred under her covers.  Lu Han watched as she turned to face him.

            “Do you have a hangover?” she asked.

            “No.” Lu Han replied.  “And, you?”

            Mia shook her head and sat up in her bed.  All the sudden, she started to laugh.  “We were drunk last night for sure.”

            Lu Han nodded his head.  “For sure.” he said.  “As long as we don’t have a hangover, then it’s all good.”

            “But we did stupid things though.”

            “We were stupid.  Who would want to fight over a stupid ring?” asked Lu Han, as he held up his left hand.  The ring was sitting on his left thumb.

            Mia quickly glanced down at her left hand at the silver, engraved ring on her thumb.  “Oh!” she said, remembering something.  “Sorry about sticking my hand under your shirt.”

            Lu Han felt a blush crept over his cheeks and looked away.  “It’s OK.” He said, softly.  “And,” He cleared his throat.  “Sorry about touching your .  So, it’s fair and square now.

            “Let’s never get drunk together again.” said Mia, as she crossed her arms across her chest.  “Seriously.

            Lu Han scoffed.  “It’s you, who made me did all those stupid things.” he blamed, pointing his finger at her accusingly.

            “Me?” asked Mia, offended.  “Yah!  It’s you!  You’re the one that ordered soju!  Soju!!!”

 

*********************************

 

            I could see Aunt Lai in the distance.  Her walking was so distinctive.  When she saw me, she flashed a bright, big smile.  She ran up to me and hugged me.  I was out of breath by the time she let go.

            “I missed you, Auntie Lai.” I said, out of breath.

            She gasped and pulled away.  I could tell that she was smiling so hard that it looked like it was hurting.  Her eyes were watery and she pulled me back into a hug.  “Mia!” she said, with a weak voice.  “I can’t believe that you know how to speak Mandarin now.  I’m so proud of you.”

            “Don’t be excited yet.  Her accent is too thick.” said Lu Han, startling us.  “You can barely understand her.”

            Aunt Mia pulled away from the hug and I glared at him.  He went to get us some coffee, but that was just rude.  I quickly glance at Aunt Mia as Lu Han handed me the cardboard coffee carrier. 

            He stuck out his hand to her for a shake.  “Hello, my name is Ching Lu Han.” he said.  “Sorry for being rude and disrespectful.” 

            Aunt Mia smiled and patted him on the shoulder.  “Don’t worry, sweetie!” she said.  “I’m Lee Lai.  Just call me Jie Jie Lai.” (A/N: Jie Jie means older sister in Mandrain)

            Lu Han nodded his head, as he let his hand fall to his side.  “Jie Jie Lai.” he repeated.

            Aunt Lai literally squealed.  She’s only 32 years old and, obviously, doesn’t mind dating boys 14 years younger than her.  Lu Han just politely smiles, like the good boy he portrayed himself to be.  She, then, studied him for a second.

            “Oh!  Are you Mr. Ching’s son?” asked Aunt Lai.  He nodded his head.  “Aw!  How cute!  Mia, he’s your age!”  I shrugged my shoulders, not caring.  “And, for a moment, I thought that he was your boyfriend or something.”

            Lu Han sent me a look but I didn’t care.  I handed him the cups of coffee and linked arms with my aunt and said, “Auntie, why don’t we head home?” Aunt Lai pulled her hand out of nowhere and flicked me on the head.  “Ow!”

            “I don’t know Korean, Honey.  Speak Chinese!” she said.  “If not, then use English!”

            I would have grabbed my forehead out of pain but was too ashamed to.  I could hear Lu Han’s laughing in the background as I apologized.

 

 

            I rushed out the door so quickly that I couldn’t hear what Aunt Lai was trying to tell me.  I had woken up late because I forgot to set my alarm.  Darn Monday.  I was late for my morning class and started running to the campus. 

            I was huffing and puffing by the time I got there under 2 minutes.  That was when I looked at my watch and realized that I had already missed an hour of class.  This class was 1 hour and 15 minutes long, so there was no use going to get for only 15 minutes.  I decided to go to the library.  I had 30 minutes before my next class started.

            I haven’t have time to check my school email since I was in Seoul most of the weekend and was too lazy to check the alerts on my iPhone.  Then, out of guilty pleasure, I went onto BYU’s student-made forum. 

            This forum was created by some alumni a few years ago, mainly for gossip, but it’s used to vent on professors, classes, finals week, and more.  It’s also beneficial to use when you need homework help.

            Since I barely came back home yesterday around 7 PM, Eunsung and Minyu haven’t sent me any messages yet about the party.  It was the party that Eunsung was asking about whether or not Lu Han was going to.  One of the guys hosted it at his apartment.

            Apparently at the party, there were a lot of hookups.  This was probably because of the summer heat or something.  Park Muyoung was dancing on a chair and fell off of it, scraping his chin really bad.  I rolled my eyes at the bloody pictures people took.  Then, Choi Sooyoung took off her and gave it to the guy that gave her the best , which was Lee Daehyung.  I shrugged my shoulders, not really caring.  There was a picture of her holding up a lacy, red thong.

            Regardless of all the fun people had, I’m just glad that I wasn’t there even though I didn’t exactly have a completely sober weekend.  It was clean fun.  Clean as in no , no dirty dancing, and definitely no puking.  Although Lu Han and I were acting stupid when we were drunk, it wasn’t like we actually did anything.  Thank God.

 

 

            I frowned at Lu Han when I saw him approach me when I was waiting for food at the cafeteria.  He raised his eyebrows at me, not knowing what he did wrong.

            Then, he stood there and stared at me.  “You look horrible.” he said, trying not to laugh.

            I just glared at him.  What the hell?, I thought. Just because I didn’t have time to put on makeup this morning, he felt that he had the right to actually criticize me.  What the hell?!!

            “What is wrong with you?” he asked, clueless.

            “You didn’t wake me up this morning.” I replied, as I crossed my arms across my chest.

            It would have been nice of him if he woke me up.  We had class at the same time.  Would have been so complicated to wake me up because I woke up late? 

            Lu Han just gave me this look like he didn’t know what I was talking about.  I rolled my eyes.  “You really didn’t notice that I wasn’t walking with you to class this morning?” I asked.

            Lu Han shrugs his shoulders, which made me mad.  “I didn’t wake you up because I didn’t want to be rude.” he simply replied.

            “Why would you say that?” I asked, confused.

            “Your aunt.” he replied.

            I stared at him.  “What about her?” I asked, irritated.

            “I obviously didn’t want to disturb and be rude to her.  She was sleeping.” said Lu Han.

            I stared at Lollipop for a long time.  He would rather be nice to his elders than to people his age, especially me.  From discrete observations, I could tell that Lu Han doesn’t like me for whatever reason it may be from how he interacts with other people.  I feel that he treats me like a kid.  Lu Han and I got our food.  We made our way to our table and the girls were excited to see us.

            “Omo!!  How was Seoul?” asked Minyu, excited as she clapped her hands.

            “Dirty and full of people.” I responded, as I ate a spoonful of rice.

            Lu Han, instead, smiles.  Eunsung and Minyu literally melted.  “It was fun.” he responded.

            “What did you guys do?” asked Eunsung.

            “Hmmm…  Lollipop over here went on a shopping spree.” I responded for Lu Han.

            He seriously went on a shopping spree.  There were a ton of things that he bought that I didn’t even know he did.  I was too tired from shopping to even pay attention to Lu Han because we were all over the place.  He went into most of the luxury shops and little clothing stores in Myeondong. 

            “Lollipop?” asked Minyu and Eunsung.

            I laughed.  “Lu Han looks like a lollipop!” I nodded and glanced over at him.  He sent me the death glare. 

            “No, he doesn’t.” smiled Eunsung.

            “Exactly, Dumpling.” retorted Lu Han, with annoyance.  I just glared at him.  An urge to want to punch him across the face washed over me.

            “What did you buy?” asked Minyu, changing the topic.  She probably felt the tension.

            “Clothes, shoes, accessories.” shrugged Lu Han.

            “Gucci, Armani, Prada.  You name it, he’s got it.” I nodded, as I continued to eat.  Lu Han just flashed me an irritated look.

            Eunsung and Minyu nodded their heads slowly.  “Yeah, we kind of figured that you’re made of money, Lu Han.” they both said, shrugging their shoulders. 

            Lu Han nodded his head.  “Hm.”

            “By the way, your sense of fashion is amazing.” smiled Eunsung.

            I glanced over at what Lu Han was wearing.  He had on some dark metal watch on his left hand with a loose red and white long sleeve striped v-neck.  Lu Han was wearing a pair of light grey jeans with a pair of special black leather Converses.

            “I don’t see it.” I said.  “How is he fashionable?”

            Lu Han shrugs his shoulders, not knowing what my friends were saying either.  “I like fashion, but I wouldn’t say that I’m that fashionable.” he said, being modest.

            “No,” nodded Eunsung.  “You are a simple fashionista.  You obviously don’t like to wear very bold styles.”

            “Which is perfectly fine because simplicity is always in.” added Minyu, with a nod.

            “OK.” said Lu Han, obviously feeling good about his self.

            I just nodded my head as well.  My friends even know pays more attention to this kid than I do and I live with him

 

Author’s Note:

            Hope you all had a great read!  ^^

            Waking up from a night of drinking, Aunt Lai, fashion…  What could possibly be next?


BTW, I just really wanted to thank Eternal Fantasies for their awsome poster for this story!!  I love it so MUCH!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho