Chapter 7

99% Males 1% Females

*****************************

            At first I was skeptical because I felt like I was driving on the wrong part of town, but my GPS insisted.  We were in the heart of Seoul, bustling with luxurious stores like Channel and people that looked like they came out of a fashion magazine. 

            “There is no way our hotel is here.” I said, as the GPS told me to make a right.  As soon as I turned my car, I drove up the driveway to a hotel that looked like a skyscraper. 

            “You are now at your destination.” said the GPS.

            There was a guy waiting for us by the entrance of the hotel.  I didn’t really know what to do, so I just drove up there. As soon as I stopped the car, Lu Han got out.

            “Our bags are in the back.” he stated to the guy.

            I popped the trunk open and got out of the car.  By the time I got to the back of the car, the guy already got our bags and headed into the hotel lobby.  Lu Han looked at me and motioned for me to follow him inside.  I was stunned to see the lobby.  There was a huge chandelier hanging over the lobby desk.  It was so luxurious that I literally stood there with my jaw wide open. 

            “Mia!” called Lu Han, pulling me out of my daze.  I shook my head and walked up to him by the lobby desk.  “Give them your car key.”

            “Why?” I asked, alarmed.

            The woman behind the desk flashed me a look and Lu Han rolled his eyes.  He grabbed my keys and took off my car key and handed to the woman.  “They’re going to park your car.” he said, as the woman handed back a plastic card with a number.

            “Hand this number to the driver in the garage and he’ll get your car for you.” she said.  “And, the keys to your room are here as well.”

            Lu Han thanked the woman and headed to the nice elevator.  I just lamely follow behind him.  He was walking too fast.  Darn those stupid long legs!!  As soon as the elevator closed, he started laughing.

            “You’re such a noob to these things.” he said, smiling.

            “Well, yeah!  My family and I don’t usually stay in luxurious hotels like this, Lu Han!” I defended, glaring at him.

            He laughs again and shakes his head.  “This is luxurious, but it’s nothing compared to my dad’s hotel.” he said.  “I’d like to see your expression when you see that.”

            “I’m actually surprised that my dad would do something like this.” I said.

            Lu Han shrugs his shoulders.  “I’m not.” he said.

            “You just don’t know him.” I said.

            “Your dad bought you a Lexus to drive.” said Lu Han.

            “Your point is?” I asked.

            “Did you guys asked him?”

            “No.”

            Lu Han shrugs his shoulders again.  “He isn’t that simple.  You guys get luxury things.” he said.

            I was amazed again when we entered the room and I could hear Lu Han trying not to laugh again.  It was nice.  The room was big and spacious with an amazing view of Seoul’s night skyline.  In addition, we have a huge plasma screen TV with a PS3 and 2 controllers.

            I went and lay down on the bed closest to the door.  It had a thick memory foam topper and I let out a moan, enjoying the comfortable bed.  The room cleaning service had left a chocolate truffle on the bed as a compliment from the hotel.  I smiled as I unwrapped it and took a bite.

            “Oh, Daddy~  I love you!” I said, as I look up at the ceiling.

            Lu Han laughed, again.  I look up and there he was at the foot of my bed.  He shook his head.  “You’re such a freak.” he said.

            I rolled my eyes.  Thanks for ruining the moment, you jerk, I thought.

            I watch him head over to the huge window.  “This is an incredible view.” said Lu Han.  “Uncle Chung really wanted me to see Seoul as I should.”

            I scoffed.  Now you’re just being conceited, I thought.  “What do you want to do?” I asked.

            “Get dinner.” replied Lu Han, as he turns around.  He grabbed the chocolate off his bed and started to unwrap it.

            “How about Korean BBQ?”

            Lu Han popped the whole chocolate into his mouth and said, “Sounds good.”

 

 

            “Can we get 1 soju?” asked Lu Han.  We were ordering meat for our skillet at a restaurant, some blocks away from our hotel.

            The old lady took a look at him and instantly asked, “I need to check your ID, kid.”

            I let out a laugh and Lu Han sent me a glare as he pulled out his wallet.  The old lady just looked at me like I was crazy, but as soon as she saw the birth date on Lu Han’s Korean ID she started to laugh too.

            “Aigoo!” said the old lady, patting Lu Han on the shoulder.  “You’re so cute with that baby face of yours that I thought you were just a tall middle-schooler!” 

            “Exactly!” I said, chiming in.

            “You’re a lucky girl, sweetie!  He looks like he’s an idol.” she said and my smile dropped.

            This was when Lu Han started to smile and thanked the old lady for the compliment.  When she was out of eavesdrop, Lu Han sticks out his tongue at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

            As soon as the meat arrived, I put a few bits of all the types of meat on the skillet.  Meanwhile Lu Han was trying out soju for the first time.  As soon as he downed the shot, he had an expression that seems like soju was something he doesn’t really enjoy, at least yet.

            “It burns.” said Lu Han.

            I nodded my head, as I checked the meat.  Lu Han poured some soju into the shot cup and tried to give it to me.  I just stared at him, not wanting to accept it.

            “What’s wrong?  You don’t have a high alcohol tolerance?” he teased.

            I gasped because I was offended.  “I got really wasted last semester and that is not going to happen again.” I said.

            Lu Han smirks.  “You?  Wasted?” he asked, as he raised his eyebrows.  “Now that’s something I would like to see.  Besides, it’s like we’re actually going to get wasted here and like this.  That’s just lame.”

            Oh, now he’s mocking me, I thought.  He placed the drink in front of me.  I quickly downed the drink because I was mad.  The burning sensation quickly spread inside my throat and I ate a piece of lettuce to ease the pain. 

            “Do you like drinking?” asked Lu Han.

            “Only socially.” I shrugged, as I turned the meat.  “It’s not something I would like to overindulge on anymore.”

            “What happened?” asked Lu Han, curious.

            I sighed.  I might as well because he’ll ask Eunsung or Minyu and they will tell him everything, I thought. 

            “Last semester before everyone left for summer break, we had a huge party in the dorms.  I don’t know what happened because I usually only drink a few drinks, but that time I got really wasted.  I completely out, but according to my friends, I threw up on someone’s bed and myself.  Then, I fell asleep on the Lawn by the library.  Eunsung and Minyu tried to get me to sleep inside, but I refused so the sprinklers woke me up the next morning.”

            Lu Han laughs.  “That does sound really bad…  Not to mention, embarrassing.” he said.

            “Exactly!” I agreed.  “That’s why I don’t really want to drink anymore.”

            Lu Han poured himself a cup.  “Just consider this as a social gathering.” he said, as he held up the cup.

            I sighed.  “Fine.” I said, as I held up mine and we drank our shots together.

            When the meat was well cooked, I taught Lu Han how to make a lettuce wrap.  He enjoyed it, a lot.  As I was putting the rest of our meat on the skillet, he ordered for another bottle of soju.  I looked up at him and made a face out of distaste.

            “What?” he asked.  “Each of us had only 2 shots of soju.  That’s not a lot, you know.”

            “You want liver cancer or something.” I nodded.

            Lu Han just smiles as the waiter placed the soju on the table.  He quickly opened it and poured me the first drink.  “That’s only when you’re an alcoholic.  This is a social thing.” he said.

            “I get your social crap, OK?” I stated.  I quickly downed my drink.

            He poured himself a drink as well.  When he was done, I handed him the tongs.  Lu Han just stared at it like it was the Plague.  I could tell with my eyes that he was refusing to take it.  This rich kid needs to learn how to cook, I thought.

            I didn’t say anything and just placed the tongs on the table.  Let the darn meat burn.  I don’t care, I thought.  I quickly crossed my arms across my chest just as Lu Han did the same.

            “I don’t care.” he said.

            “Neither do I.” I said.

            We watched the meat sizzle on the skillet.  The edges of the meat became brown and then it quickly became black.  There was a bit of smoke coming from the meat.  Before I knew it, Lu Han and I took the meat off the skillet in uniform.  He and I looked up at each other.

            All the sudden, we started to laugh together.

 

Author’s Note:

 

            Yay!  They’re finally in Seoul…  And, I can’t believe that most of this chapter was just about them at the restaurant…  0.0  Well, I hope you guys enjoy this anyways!

            In addition, it seems like Lu Han and Mia are getting closer…

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

P.S. 

I just want you guys to know that I might not be updating for a while because I just moved into a new place.  So, I won't have internet connection for a while....  I'm being bad and uploading this at school right now.  ^^